Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
9/13: Last time BL's attorney, Steven Bertolino, last spoke with BL
9/14: BL's parents claim he left for Carlton Reserve
9/17: Laundries report BL missing

Makes me wonder what Bertolino said to BL the day before he ran. Did the lawyer paint such a true picture of the circumstances that it triggered BL's flight instinct? Or maybe he gave BL advice that he didn't agree with? Or maybe just insignificant administrative details? I dunno, but it sure makes me curious.
I don’t understand how he can guarantee he came home from the campground with his parents if he has literally never even seen BL.
The lawyer can’t be trusted. BL’s parents can’t be trusted.
IMO

Replying to
@WFLAJosh
This is the camper that was at camp 001 where the laundries stayed (this is in the background of photos from the family that stayed @ camp 002)
[/QUOTE

I can't tell for sure, but this looks a bit different from the camper sitting in the Laundrie's driveway. If it is a different camper, I wonder if they sold/traded it in for the new one or if this camper is parked in some other location...?

We don't have the content of every message sent by every person to Gabby's phone. Just bits, pieces, and a few interview comments. The friend may indeed have tried to contact her, even multiple times, but BL had her phone and probably ignored it, the same way he was ignoring Gabby's grandfather, Stan. The plan for Yellowstone is unclear and we just don't know everything about it yet.
The friend said she didn't meet up with Gabby because she never heard back from her. She didn't let on that she tried to call Gabby. And she never said whether she was at Yellowstone when Gabby went missing. The friend left out some important bits of info.

Look, I would never grab a bullhorn to do this. I would probably hate bullhorn guy within 15 seconds of starting a conversation.

BUT, it's weird to prioritize preserving the Laundries' right to due process (which isn't being hampered by bullhorn guy unless that guy is a federal judge) over preserving the speech rights of local citizens who are protesting and haven't been implicated in crimes.
I don’t care about the Laundries. They live in a neighborhood. THOSE people deserve the quiet enjoyment of their homes.

As a camper I want to mention that what the Pinellas County Parks is showing appears to the print out of the reservations for the campground. We will often book the next night in order to leave the campground later in the afternoon and evening rather than having to be packed up and out by checkout time. It isn't unusual to me for the campground reservation dates and the date they left on being different.

Creepy. I am anti-legalization except for highly regulated medical use.

Right now an ex-boyfriend is spending his retirement getting high to avoid dealing with reality. I will never understand the pervasive acceptance to abuse any drug.

I am not ok with #1 legalization at all and definitely not by states in defiance of federal law or #2 "recreational" use by Gabby or any other person.

Not surprised by the pro-drug use discussion here. But am appalled.

JMO
So it sounds like you’re saying, your ex boyfriend has an unhealthy relationship with thc. Why does his experience dictate anyone/everyone else’s?

Or be working from home. Or have a dog that barks at everything…
Oh my gosh I didn't even think of the pets! Some pets especially dogs can be incredibly sensitive to disturbances like that. I've known people with dogs that were rescues, that had been abused, that would absolutely flip out with sudden loud angry human sounds. (Not to mention fireworks, thunderstorms, etc.) What a mess. For the good of the neighborhood, the Laundries need to either come clean or go stay at a safehouse somewhere away from heavily-populated neighborhoods.

Question….does anyone recall any cases in recent history where the identity of the main POI is known and they go missing and are yet to be found? Obviously there are many instances where the suspect in unknown and never found.
The reason I ask is because I’m trying to understand what happens going forward if Brian or his body is never found. At what point do they stop using so many resources to locate him? What happens with Gabby’s murder case?
As a parent there are so many nightmares out there. A missing child never found, or their murder never known, but knowing who did it and never knowing if they are still out there somewhere alive….that would be very hard to live with.
He will remain a wanted felon for the financial fraud. The warrant is in the system. If he is ever approached by LE and uses his real identification, he would be arrested. His picture remains circulated and “in the system” so he could be identified based on site. The FBI will continue to investigate the homicide of Gabby. If there is enough evidence, the prosecutors will take it to a grand jury and he could be indicted on a murder and/or manslaughter charge. A warrant for arrest on that would be issued. The FBI will keep looking, but eventually it could become a cold case. MOO, but the length and effort of the search probably depends on what the FBI knows and what leads they have. Eventually good leads dry up. In this case, I think the public will keep leads coming for a long time. IMO the FBI has something beyond the parents word that has focused them on the reserve. I also think the camping lead is not a high priority for them, because they have evidence of him alive somewhere after that trip. MOO

Do we know if the L parents are known to go camp? I recall that camper being new. If my husband and I camped nobody would think twice. But if my parents did, well, everyone would be curious!
They may have been avid campers in the past, but what I find funny is that the lawyer said that they go camping ALL THE TIME, as evidenced by the camper in their driveway. LOL it had only been there a few days, coinciding with the arrival of Brian. Neighbors seemed to think it was NEW, or newly purchased because they had not seen it previously. jmo

The friend said she didn't meet up with Gabby because she never heard back from her. She didn't let on that she tried to call Gabby. And she never said whether she was at Yellowstone when Gabby went missing. The friend left out some important bits of info.
sorry is this Rose or another friend? I can't keep up!

I can't tell for sure, but this looks a bit different from the camper sitting in the Laundrie's driveway. If it is a different camper, I wonder if they sold/traded it in for the new one or if this camper is parked in some other location...?

It is the same camper. It has a pop up section at the top that isn't extended in the driveway pics.

I deleted my original comment because I thought I was confused but you are 100% right. This is not the camper from the driveway.

Creepy. I am anti-legalization except for highly regulated medical use.

Right now an ex-boyfriend is spending his retirement getting high to avoid dealing with reality. I will never understand the pervasive acceptance to abuse any drug.

I am not ok with #1 legalization at all and definitely not by states in defiance of federal law or #2 "recreational" use by Gabby or any other person.

Not surprised by the pro-drug use discussion here. But am appalled.

JMO
Judgmental much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members