Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me see if I can help get this thing straight about BL being seen in moose! Moose is a town in WY not all that far from spread creek! Moose WY also has a Spur Bar and Dornans grill. Bullwinkles is the bar in West Yellowstone which is many miles away...I attached a map for your reference. see areas i circled in red.
I grew up 2.5 hours from Jackson and still live where I grew up so I am pretty familiar with the area. Been there too many times to count. Just trying to help people keep this straight as I am not aware that BL was seen in Moose WY

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-29 at 10.58.30 AM.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-29 at 10.58.30 AM.png
    683.1 KB · Views: 30
JB is confusing. According to Lyssa’s tweets (it’s hard for me to post from my phone) there’s at least one deputy on scene. Last night she was replying to someone saying they’re soooo close. And now this today. Something is going on..
Where IS DOG? I have heard Fort DE Soto AND NC. What's the deal???

Agreed, which makes me lean towards the first part option - there's been a huge break that could lead them to BL and they're concerned the release of that could cause him to run before they actually got to him.

They have to be smart about what they're doing here, the smallest misstep in their reporting could be troublesome.

I still am of the belief that the Laundries are watching WFLA's coverage very closely. So if Brian DOES have a means to know what's happening, they could be tipping him or if he's holed up somewhere with someone, they could be tipping him. We just don't know.

Oh man, this suspense!
I was just writing a long comment about all the many aspects of this case. As all this started happening, I just left it half way since it is impossible to concentrate on anything else but this right now. ‍♀️
Time to catch the villain!!!

They have to be smart about what they're doing here, the smallest misstep in their reporting could be troublesome.

I still am of the belief that the Laundries are watching WFLA's coverage very closely. So if Brian DOES have a means to know what's happening, they could be tipping him or if he's holed up somewhere with someone, they could be tipping him. We just don't know.
I know they need to be smart, but we won't tell anyone!

So, what would YOU do if you wanted to escape a manhunt like the one for BL in his neck of the woods? Not something I’m savvy about. I’ve no connection to LE or such searches. I do have a bit of wilderness experience, and know my local refuges and reserves reasonably well

First of all, I would not attempt to hide out in such places. Too dangerous, miserable and risky. Yes, I know the area but so do the rangers snd many others who may be assisting in the search. But wow, what a great red herring. Wild goose chase. It would take up so much time, resources, effort and misery. So leading them to such a nasty difficult place would give me time to get away. Distraction.

I’d simply walk away from the reserve. Have a hat and some masks and just keep on walking to a place where I could blend in with everyone. BL had several days from the day he reportedly left home till when the big manhunt began. Could cover a log of ground in that time.

Maybe, if. I had a mich trusted friend, meet up with him snd then more resources to help me hide. But more risk too and bringing someone in that could get into trouble
Located in St. Petersburg area here. I'd get my parents to rent a boat from the innumerable marinas available nearby, have them stock it up, then set sail for wherever. I can fish when I'm hungry. Hide out among any of thousands of lagoons with edible native plants.Not comfortable, but very much do-able.
MOO

However, speaking of Brian’s Instagram account, can anyone confirm that the amount of people he follows on Instagram seems to have fluctuated? He follows meaning that only him or someone with access to his account can control that number.
The number of people Brian follows on IG can fluctuate if people he was following deactivated their account and activated it again in the past few days. It may look like he followed someone new but it’s not. It’s just an IG user that came back. JMO.

Several reasons. You can check the timeline at the beginning of this thread. and see that it is unlikely.

If the couple had traveled through the entry station into Yellowstone NP, that would be known to authorities (and it would mean that, inexplicably, they travel back to Spread Creek in a remarkably short period of time just to camp in the same place again. I believe we'd know if they had gone to Yellowstone NP. Or if Brian had gone without Gabby.

The meeting seems to be at night - so what happened next? Brian drove the long way around back to Spread Creek? Or did he drive the long way around (to avoid detection at the Park Entrance) both times? That's 6 hours round trip.

Where in the timeline do you think this could have taken place?

Gabby and Brian arrive Grand Teton NP August 25. Van is at Spread Creek August 27-29, with Brian hitchhiking and using the ATM at Colter Bay. around August 29-30. August 31, Brian buys gas in Benton (which is in Arkansas, I believe) and Sept 1 he is back at home.

Oddly, the man in the bar who has inserted his views into this case doesn't seem to know exactly when it was that he himself was in West Yellowstone - if anyone has that date from another article, I'd appreciate knowing it. He also doesn't describe Brian at all well and seems like an unreliable narrator. Anyone who has studied serial killers (like many people here on WS) knows there's no "serial killer" look.

Since Gabby is still alive in Jackson, WY on August 27 (last known sighting of her, Merry Piglets), and we know they didn't drive to Yellowstone that day (van is seen by multiple people and captured on camera at Spread Creek), and Brian made it back to FL in remarkable time (after leaving Jackson/Grand Teton - not Yellowstone on or about August 30, I do not find it at all plausible that he'd drive out of his way, away from home, adding hours to his trip, around the edge of Yellowstone and not through it, in order to go to a bar (it's said that neither of the couple drank) and chat with some man, who then somehow remembers him.

If Brian did do this (and there's no way he could have evaded cameras at the exit to GTNP or the entrance to YNP), this "witness" needs to show when he was in West Yellowstone. No way to explain Brian's actions from August 27-30 (ATM fraud, hitchhiking Colter Bay area - twice) or the federal warrant for his arrest, or his rapid journey home.

Hunter Mannies, 44, said he saw the man who resembled Laundrie wearing a hoodie and drinking by himself at the end of the bar on the night of Aug. 26 at Bullwinkle’s Saloon in West Yellowstone.

Websleuth's timeline:
Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.

AUG 25 - Couple spots van at 5pm at Jenny Lake - alerts LE 9/17 they saw it

Aug 26 - FITS IN RIGHT HERE.

Jessica Schultz told the San Francisco Chronicle that she saw BL in the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area near the park on August 26. She said she was driving behind BL while he was in the couple's white van alone, before he parked it on the side of the road.

Aug 27-Gabby and BL at Merry Piglets, a Tex-Mex restaurant, between 1 and 2 p.m. on Aug. 27, when they said an agitated BL began arguing with a waitress.

AUG 27 - Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)

AUG 27-a Van is seen in the side of the road and youtubers post it - MSM picks up the story - could be Gabbys
In the video the lady says it was recorded Aug 27, 2021 at between 6:00 to 6:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong