Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laundrie family changed De Soto campground reservations before Brian returned home, docs show

August 24
•BL’s mother initially made reservations for two people to camp at Soto Park Campground in Saint Petersberg between Sept. 1-3.

August 31
•she canceled those reservations (for 2 people)

September 1
•BL arrives home in FL without Gabby

September 3
•she made a new reservation for three people to camp on the weekend of Sept. 6-8

September 6
•the family checks in to the campground (documents obtained by Fox News)

September 8
•check out
(documents obtained by Fox News)

According to the family’s lawyer:
•the family camped out on Sept. 6 and 7 and that "they all left the park."
Seems awfully lucky that they made a reservation for labor day on sept 3 and no problem....they get waterfront campsite no 1 ???? Aren't labor day reservations hard to get? jmo

I live near to St. Pete. Back in the late 60's Egmont Key was a great place for the local hippies to go for a smoke and frolic in the wooded areas and inlets. It was very well known as a getaway for high schoolers to smoke dope and hide out from any harassment from LE.

My question is for the lawyers in the group…..
Would there be a legal strategy to not put out a statement asking for him to turn himself in on the warrant? Or asking him to come home?

I'm not an attorney, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. The room stunk to high heavens - almost as much as my legal knowledge.

I would hope that it would be unethical for a defense attorney to try to compel his client to turn himself in to authorities.

It also seems like quite a bit of negotiating power with law enforcement for his attorney to have the keys to his whereabouts.

JMO.

Send in the scuba team SEAL style! FBI shut down nightly at Carlton Reserve too, so no matter where BL is, he’s become a night owl if he wasn’t already. Moo

Very unlikely the FBI are looking for a live version of BL in the Carlton Reserve at this stage though. No reason to do a 24 hour search because dead things don't light up on IR cameras. Not suggesting at all that LE aren't looking for an alive version of BL in other places though.

Question: since BL and Gabby lived together, could his scent be all over an article belonging to Gabby that dogs could use to track?
Can tracking dogs even discriminate between two aromas? Potentially, BL would be wearing clothing that had GP's scent on it as well as a whole bunch of other people's (e.g. if he bought new clothes, they would have been handled by other customers). How are dogs supposed to know to fix on Brian? Perhaps this was why LE needed more items from the house: they had to find something that wouldn't have GP's scent on it, but would isolate BL's.
I have no idea, but my thinking goes something like this.

Seems awfully lucky that they made a reservation for labor day on sept 3 and no problem....they get waterfront campsite no 1 ???? Aren't labor day reservations hard to get? jmo
Labor Day weekend is hard to get, but most people check out that Monday morning because of work/ school on Tues. Checking in on Labor Day wouldn't be an issue.

It was discussed that labor day Monday, itself, is when most people either have already left or are leaving to get back to work/school on Tuesday. The real holiday days are the Friday, Sat. and Sun. beforehand.

What this shows is that they knew their son was driving back alone. There is nothing that contradicts my theory that he told his parents they broke up (again) and he was driving the van home and she was staying west and would fly back at another date.
So, why lawyer up? For a break up? When the cops arrive, you tell them they broke up and she's flying home. You don't hand them your lawyers's card and tell them Brian isn't available.

Last edited:
How do K9’s help in a search if there is nothing for them to sniff before hand? Did the parents give something recently worn by BL to the police for their k9’s to sniff? That would show some cooperation and genuine interest in finding him in my opinion.
Where would Mr. Dog get BL’s item for his K9’s to sniff? I don’t think they are looking for a cadaver as he has said he thinks he’s alive and on the move in those little islands.
Why does Dog think the Monster drink is BL’s. Doesn’t anyone else visit those parks other than BL? Could another person have left that can behind? Isn’t BL reported as caring about nature and not wanting to leave garbage behind? Why would he leave garbage and risk getting caught? Aren’t there garbage cans in this park?

1. Maybe BL's sister
2. If you are on the run you need caffeine to keep going, would really stink to be in the middle of a nice nap only to find DTBH staring at you
3. Sure other people visit, right now there's a reality TV star, Fox news and some dogs
4. If you are running away from the entire US media machine you might drop some things by accident.
5. Garbage cans are probably also near parts of the park that would have security cameras..best to stay away from those.
6. MOO and only half serious

“Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ ... Dog is rolling to a remote site where he says Laundrie is hiding. Dog says he'll be at the site in less than an hour. We're told Dog had obtained information that leads him to believe Laundrie was alive and moving around as of 10 PM on Tuesday.

… ok so why would you out your plan??!!
To either spook BL into panicking and moving OR to divert eyes and a sense of safety to BL because he thinks they are at the wrong location.....but about to pounce at the right one?

What this shows is that they knew their son was driving back alone. There is nothing that contradicts my theory that he told his parents they broke up (again) and he was driving the van home and she was staying west and would fly back at another date.

Right. They only made the reservation for 3 on AFTER Brian had already returned without Gabby

FBI just got the De Soto surveillance yesterday according to this…

Tonight at 11 on @WFLA: @SheriffPinellas
says they gave surveillance video from Fort De Soto Campground to
@FBIDenver just yesterday. Plus, the FBI is also reviewing #BrianLaundrie’s phone, which was bought Sept. 4th— days after he returned home.

https://twitter.com/wflaniko?lang=en
I thought that was strange.
Significant footage could possibly have led them to determine whether anybody else was around or in Bl's company during the trip..

if your son came home and said he and his g/f broke up or his g/f took off somewhere, would you make a reservation at a campsite for her?
I am a bit confused by this. We camp a lot and I don't remember ever being asked about how many people were coming or even paying per person, except at a spot in Bryce. Usually, in my experience only, you pay for a tent, a camper or RV. Sometimes a group spot. Is this typical? I see Fox says they confirmed it, I just found it a little odd, but so much of this is, to me. Maybe someone who has stayed there knows if this spot usually asks for that (it wasn't clear on their website w/o walking thru registration myself.) Just this picture about rates.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210929-214647_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210929-214647_Chrome.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors