TX TX - Krishonda 'Shonda' Townsend, 19, Mineral Wells, 5 Jul 2010

Today is Shonda's Memorial/Funeral Service.

May Justice come soon for those responsible.

Bumping for Shonda.

The Susan Murphy Milano blog comments have been far less active since the discovery of her remains last year but there continues to be traffic which generally throws out the same names and similar stories/theories on how the poor girl met her end. It reads like an especially grim Daniel Woodrell story. The moment when those responsible for her death are convicted cannot come soon enough...

http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot...leanne-townsend-victim-of.html?commentPage=10

For some reason this case really struck me, and I still occasionally check that blog as well. It's so sad, it seems like it is a small town, and the police don't care about finding who did it anymore. Sometimes I wonder if the people posting on there are on the right track, or if they're just accusing each other to cover up their own antics. So much drug abuse, corruption, fights, baby daddies.....It's hard to sort though and read it. I was so happy when her body was discovered because I thought it would lead them to Krishonda's killer. But it lead nowhere, the cops had already given up. :( RIP Krishonda, and I hope your baby can grow up in a safer environment than you did.

I know for a fact Law Enforcement hasn't given up. They just can't let everything they find be public knowledge. That blog is something else. It really gives us locals a bad name. Not all of us are like that trust me. Mineral Wells has gotten a bad name as a drug town. There are plenty of drugs here, trust me, but not all of us. I pray for justice for Shonda and her family.

Bumping for Shonda. The charging of two people for the murder of Candice Shields not far away in Graham gives me hope that we will hear something on this case very soon.

RIP Shonda.

http://www.lakecountrysun.com/news/ci_23549524/townsends-death-still-unsolved

Townsend's death still unsolved

Mark Engebretson
Posted: 06/27/2013 08:50:33 AM CDT

The disappearance and death of Krishonda "Shonda" Leann Townsend, 19, reported missing on July 5, 2010, is still a mystery. "It's right where it was six months ago," said Mike Sudderth, Palo Pinto County Sheriff's Office chief deputy. "We have continually talked to people." He added that what tips they have received, which are very few, all lead back to information and areas they have already investigated. "I would have thought that reward ($20,000) would have popped someone out of the woodwork," Sudderth added. "The investigation is continuing," he said. "We have more people to interview and we're awaiting some forensic evidence." Townsend was reported to have disappeared July 5, 2010. She was the mother of a 2-year-old son and lived with her family outside of Perrin in Jack County

http://www.mineralwellsindex.com/topstory/x611401772/FOUR-YEARS-LATER-Still-no-justice-for-Shonda-Townsend

“We are still working it when something comes up,” said Sheriff Ira Mercer. “A few things have come up but nothing to the point we can do something.”

He still believes that because of the facts known to investigators that the person or persons involved are local individuals – or at least were at the time. He especially believed that when Townsend’s skeletal remains were found in October 2011 in a secluded area at the end of Sand Hill Road, southwest of Mineral Wells...

“This is somebody local who did this,” Mercer said at the discovery site that fall day.

http://www.mineralwellsindex.com/ne...cle_0363e1f0-231c-11e5-a0ba-0fa24e9ee681.html

Five years have passed since 19-year-old Krishonda Townsend disappeared without a trace in the early morning hours of July 5, 2010...

Over the course of the now stone-cold investigation, dozens of friends and persons of interest have been interviewed and polygraphed by law enforcement, some more than once. While the stories vary, investigators say there are some common threads they simply have been unable to tie together to date.

The Texas Department of Public Safety has partnered with the Texas Rangers to investigate several cold cases across the state.

Shonda Townsend (Palo Pinto County - Killed in 2010/2011): Shonda Towsend, 19, was last seen alive on 07-05-2010 at approximately 12:00 AM in Mineral Wells. Townsend left a residence in Mineral Wells and was traveling to her residence in Perrin, Texas. Towsend's vehicle was located two days later in a neighborhood in Southeast Mineral Wells. Towsend's remains were recovered in October 2011 in a field Southwest of Mineral Wells.

http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/texas-cold-cases-big-country-and-beyond

Coming up on 8 years. This case NEEDS to be solved.

Shonda needs justice.

Family of murdered Texas woman Shonda Townsend fight to keep her story alive 11 years after she went missing on Fourth of July weekend (nbcnews.com)

“It’s now 10 years later and it has just stalled - time is just not your friend with these cases,” Captain Jordan said. “We’d love nothing more than to finally get resolution and for the person who did this to be brought to justice. Her case isn't on the back burner - we’re still doing everything we can.”

This July marks 11 years since Shonda went missing.

GIBTOWN — Her tombstone is pink, like the bands on her braces.

Her homicide remains unsolved, and her ‘aunt’ April had one word for what an answer in the death of Krishonda “Shonda” LeeAnn Townsend would bring a dozen years after she disappeared.

“Release. It would be total and utter release,” said April Heinecke, who keeps the North Palo Pinto County woman’s July 2010 disappearance in the public eye as much as she can via a Facebook page.

“It’s so sad and so quiet, and people don’t think about her anymore,” Heinecke said. “People think it’s been solved. … It’s not only the fact that we want Shonda to have justice. It’s terrifying to us that there’s a person or people out there.”

One of the few questions that have been answered about the 19-year-old was whether the single mother and Weatherford College student was dead or alive. That answer took nearly 16 months after she disappeared to arrive, with the discovery of her bones in a field south of Mineral Wells.

Townsend was identified by her pink-banded braces.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back