Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see any problem with the Laundries buying a phone. For whatever reason BL didn’t have his. Maybe he shared a phone with Gabby. Maybe he lost his. He came home with no phone, and his mother felt he should have one

Attorney says BL left the house with no phone or wallet. Easy to check if phone left at house is same phone recently bought. I’ll bet it is.

MOO: This phone is no big deal and perfectly understandable.
Seems odd to me. Gabby died, he goes home, buys a burner phone, then disappears. A burner phone generally also implies a new phone number… how would he explain needing a new phone number to his parents? If he had just broken up with Gabby and didn’t want to speak to her, he could easily block her. So why would he need a burner?

Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie: Six key unanswered questions

As the manhunt for Mr Laundrie approaches its third week, here are the key unanswered questions in the case.

Where is Brian Laundrie? In the reserve. The FBI wouldn't be searching there unless they believed that

How did Gabby Petito die? Waiting for report

Where is Brian Laundrie’s burner phone? It was left behind with his wallet and FBI has it.

Why did the Laundries go camping, while ignoring desperate requests for help from the Petito’s? Because the Petito's didn't start calling until on or about then 9th...AFTER the camping trip.

Could authorities in Utah have done more to protect Ms Petito? No. The only thing they could have done was put GP in jail for the night and give her a future court appearance. They still would have rode off together the next day after BL signed the no contact waiver.

Will Brian Laundrie be charged in connection to Gabby Petito’s death? Yes. If they find him alive.

IMO

Am I alone in thinking it's very odd that his parents purchased a phone with an AT&T plan for him on the 4th?

What happened to the old one?

Even if he only used the old phone for texts and didn't have a voice plan, they could have just upgraded his plan. Did he toss his phone on the way back or before he left so that there wouldn't be pings?

But that doesn't make sense, since he was so careless about using the ATM card.

Was there something incriminating on his phone that made him physically destroy it?

Or maybe it had blood on it and he had to throw it away.

Just speculation.

Someone had said to me earlier on social media - they think Dog is diverting attention to where he really is so the FBI can search in peace. I'm not sold on that, but it's an interesting theory. Anyone else think this may be?

More than possible. On a high profile case like this if you aren't helping the feds you probably wouldn't be "allowed"

Gabby Petito: Florida park surveillance footage part of FBI investigation: LIVE UPDATES

LIVE Update
JUST NOW

Dog the Bounty Hunter finds no conclusive Luandrie evidence on Wednesday
Duane, "Dog the Bounty Hunter," Chapman and his team found no conclusive evidence that Brian Laundrie was on Egmont Key by Wednesday evening.

Okay, keep dogging Dog. You will find him. I keep thinking of the song The Bounty Hunter by Mike Cross - not that this case will end as that song did, but certain lines stand out:

"Father do not mourn for me, Mother do not weep.
Whatever a man soweth, that also shall he reap."

Seems odd to me. Gabby died, he goes home, buys a burner phone, then disappears. A burner phone generally also implies a new phone number… how would he explain needing a new phone number to his parents? If he had just broken up with Gabby and didn’t want to speak to her, he could easily block her. So why would he need a burner?

IMO the phone purchased this month is not a burner if it's registered to his name. That's contradictory to what a burner is.

I am a bit confused by this. We camp a lot and I don't remember ever being asked about how many people were coming or even paying per person, except at a spot in Bryce. Usually, in my experience only, you pay for a tent, a camper or RV. Sometimes a group spot. Is this typical? I see Fox says they confirmed it, I just found it a little odd, but so much of this is, to me. Maybe someone who has stayed there knows if this spot usually asks for that (it wasn't clear on their website w/o walking thru registration myself.) Just this picture about rates.
Many public campgrounds have a max for the number of people who can stay in one camp spot. They require the car license for any vehicle parked at the spot, although this likely does not apply in this instance. Rangers check.

More than possible. On a high profile case like this if you aren't helping the feds you probably wouldn't be "allowed"

I just keep wondering how the Feds are cool with Dog entering the scene, you know? They've been so tight lipped about what they have thus far and Dog comes in, showing his hand at every turn. I just am so unsure about all of it.

Very odd. Since they said Gabby was a homicide victim, can they subpoena her phone records which would include all calls and text messages? So even if he destroyed her phone and his, the records and data would be available to authorities, I hope?

Yes, they would have done this already, or are in the process of doing this, for sure. Along with accessing her Google account (which could offer location history), iCloud account (photos, iMessages, etc). They would be doing the same for Brian’s accounts too I imagine. Google location data and phone pings from towers especially can be very useful, that’s how they found Lori Daybell’s deceased children, using the data from her brother Alex Cox’s accounts.

I think a lot of people would call a lawyer when the police show up with a warrant to take a van out of your driveway. Even just to understand what is the legal process here and what do we have to do.

IMO when Gabby's family started calling the Laundries on the 10th is when Brian was forced to tell his parents the truth (or some version of it). That's when the Laundries lawyered up. IMO.

Or maybe it had blood on it and he had to throw it away.

Just speculation.

Imagine all the places he could have destroyed and then dumped his own phone or Gabby's phone (or both) between Wyoming and Florida. I've been sitting here thinking about that...

If I was up to no good I think I'd do the no good part far away from the state where I was ultimately headed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07