Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good God that’s horrifying. All this time I thought he had actually taken the time and effort to bury her !

At this point it appears he made no attempt to hide the body, no attempt to hide usage of her debit card, and no attempt to even hide the van. I think he just freaked out and fled to his parents. He had to be aware that everything would lead LE there eventually. He’s likely be in custody now if not for his family.

I do wonder if BL is responsible for the original stone cross though. It has plainly been there for weeks.

At this point it appears he made no attempt to hide the body, no attempt to hide usage of her debit card, and no attempt to even hide the van. I think he just freaked out and fled to his parents. He had to be aware that everything would lead LE there eventually. He’s likely be in custody now if not for his family.

I do wonder if BL is responsible for the original stone cross though. It has plainly been there for weeks.

I guess that’s why I thought he buried her.

The evidence of the relationship being volatile was quite a few of her friends saying it was on again off again, done with drama and tears, one friend,. (( was it Rose?? ) said Gabby would come and stay with her at her place when things went bad, Rose said she came about 10 times.

That is the 'evidence ' I base my conclusions on.. it would take a bit to shift those conclusions, and since it is pretty clear that he actually did murder her, in the end, she is actually dead, I don't think my conclusions are too far off the mark, really.. however, it is always interesting to read another point of view.

Rose is a relatively recent "bff" met on bumblebff afaik. She has no long term history with Gabby and also didn't say he was physical with her.

Gabby Petito's close friend on Brian Laundrie search: "He's good with nature. So, my first thought was — he's in the woods"

If you have a link to the 10 times she came to Rose when things went "bad," please post it because I haven't seen that

**New theory about the phone.
It’s new to me at least!
BL parents didn’t know. He told them the van was too small and they bought them that camper. He was going to drive it back (in their minds) to gabby (his fiancé)
They took him camping to try it out. Then all hell broke loose. They cancelled the first trip bc they weren’t exactly sure when we would be home.
Am I giving them too much credit?

Also

His mom supposedly bought a burner phone. Why would she do this so publicly? What if he stole/broke his moms phone so she had no idea Gabby’s mom was trying to get in contact.
Thanks for reading!
BBM

Yes. IMO

I have a strong feeling they did not like her - at least the mother did not. We have seen what kind of people they are - he and his mom. And we have seen what kind of people Gabby and her parents are. So there would have been a tension there. Mom Laundrie has gone to great lengths to protect, help and cover for her son with his bad character. The fruit doesn’t fall far from the tree. BL and Gabby are opposite fruits.
Precisely.

How else to explain the absolute silence in the face of Gabby's mothers terror. .? that is such calculated cruelty as almost defies description. Mr and Mrs Laundrie know their son was the last person to see Gabby alive. They know their son took her van. And her money. They know Gabby was murdered. Her death is a homicide and the Feebs are not looking at anyone else.

I know BL is not out on bail. But "bounty hunter" literally means bail agent. That is what DOG is licensed to do. He's not a fugitive hunter. You need state licenses for that. See the article I linked to.

It may be that DTBH isn't there as a "bounty hunter" in the bail agent equivalency sent - he could just be acting as a 'private citizen' helping to look for a 'missing person.' Loopholes abound!

Canines’ Role in Urban Search & Rescue

They don't need BL's scent to use canines. Recently they used canines to locate both survivors and deceased in the building collapse in Florida. It is incredible what they can be trained to do. Meanwhile, my German Shepherd barks at falling leaves...

They may bark at leaves falling but they are such good loyal and protective dogs.
It would make sense to me if he had a kayak. It fits with his environmental image too. Wonder if they’ve looked into that. I don’t see him getting a motor boat. But a kayak is perfect for zipping between islands. You can pull it up out of the water & no one even knows anyone is on the island.

But island life only works if you have a boat. Otherwise it’s just a trap.

I would imagine he would have more than one spot scoped out, but he can move easily from one to the other, but he wont move until flushed out

I know some have mentioned his parents own other properties, but that would be the first place LE would or should look. Can't see him kayaking to and from the islands at night either.

I know BL is not out on bail. But "bounty hunter" literally means bail agent. That is what DOG is licensed to do. He's not a fugitive hunter. You need state licenses for that. See the article I linked to.

I would assume he is operating as any other private citizen who wants to spend their time looking for BL. I’ve gone out looking for missing people and didn’t need a license for that. Just because he brings a team with him doesn’t mean he is out of bounds.

I thought I had seen where LE said they placed the stone cross. Was that a second one and the one that there has been so many pictures of the “original” you refer to?

I have a strong feeling they did not like her - at least the mother did not. We have seen what kind of people they are - he and his mom. And we have seen what kind of people Gabby and her parents are. So there would have been a tension there. Mom Laundrie has gone to great lengths to protect, help and cover for her son with his bad character. The fruit doesn’t fall far from the tree. BL and Gabby are opposite fruits.

I think it's true they didn't like her or her family way before this happened.

**New theory about the phone.
It’s new to me at least!
BL parents didn’t know. He told them the van was too small and they bought them that camper. He was going to drive it back (in their minds) to gabby (his fiancé)
They took him camping to try it out. Then all hell broke loose. They cancelled the first trip bc they weren’t exactly sure when we would be home.
Am I giving them too much credit?

Also

His mom supposedly bought a burner phone. Why would she do this so publicly? What if he stole/broke his moms phone so she had no idea Gabby’s mom was trying to get in contact.
Thanks for reading!
What were they going to put the camper on? They not own a truck.

I did read the article.
"Conducting your own manhunts without the proper licenses is class-three felony.

I'd be happy to see a well equipped safe house come out of it for victims of DV.
Safe houses have existed for decades. There is one in Moab. If the officers had better training, they would have made sure emotionally fragile Gabby spent the night there rather than alone in a van.

What I hope results from this horrific tragedy is training in high schools so that vulnerable young victims like Gabby learn that not all their peers grow up in such loving, functional family environments. That not all young men/women are going to be like your loving siblings, parents who have created a safety net of trust. All young people need to learn to recognize the red flags long before harm actually happens and a 911 call has to be made. jmo

I thought I had seen where LE said they placed the stone cross. Was that a second one and the one that there has been so many pictures of the “original” you refer to?

There seemed to be confusion over it early on but no one knows who made the first cross. The second cross, made where she was actually found, was done by the step father.

Gary Rider, a friend of Gabby’s stepfather Jim Schmidt, said the pair had visited the site on Wednesday and that they had left some flowers next to the other cross.

“We did go – the small cross with flowers was made by Jim and myself,” Mr Rider told The Independent.

“That larger cross was not done by anyone connected with the search or recovery of Gabby.”

Gabby Petito: Stepfather lays flowers at site where YouTuber’s body was found

August 24: Brian’s mother initially made reservations for 2 people to camp at Soto Park Campground in Saint Petersberg between September 1-3, about 75 miles north of the family’s home in North Port.

August 31: His mother canceled those reservations for 2 people.

September 1, 10:26AM: A license plate reader installed at an exit from I-75 recorded Gabby’s van entering North Port.

September 3: His mother made a new reservation for 3 people to camp on the weekend of September 6-8.

September 4: Laundrie Lawyer “confirms that a phone was purchased on September 4, 2021 and Brian opened an account with AT&T for that phone (Not a burner.) Brian left that phone at home the day he went for a hike in the preserve on September 14, 2021 and the FBI now has that phone.”

September 6: Brian & his parents checked in to the Fort De Soto Park campground.

September 8: The family checked out out of the campground per the records.

(But according to his family’s lawyer, the family camped out on Sept. 6-7 and that they all left together as a family on the 7th.)

Laundrie family changed De Soto campground reservations before Brian returned home, docs show

“A source who spoke to Fox News on the condition of anonymity used to work at Civic Plus, a software company that manages the De Soto campground's reservation system, and speculates that the Laundries knew their son was coming home on Aug. 31, when they had plans to camp, and canceled them accordingly. They then made a new reservation including their son at a later date.”

This has me thinking that BL’s parents bought this new phone for him as a ruse/in case he had to handover his actual cell phone (that he either likely destroyed, or sank into the bottom of a swamp to make it seem as if he was in the reserve this entire time), so the parents could say he left the new phone at home when he “left for a hike”
@oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member