Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #84

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit off topic, but Hulu has a new series called "Wild Crime," which details the efforts to nail double wife killer Harold Henthorn (I've brought this case up an annoying number of times).

Agent Grusing is mentioned in several of the episode summaries.
What a coincidence, I listened to a Dateline episode on that case when I was on a flight last Saturday. I'll have to watch the series too, riveting case.

Are we in for eight months of the dumb and dopey adventures of S and B?

When you’re a murderer everything you do makes you look bad. I bet Barry’s attorneys are telling him, “Don’t do anything. Don’t go anywhere. Don’t talk to anyone. Don’t do anything noteworthy. Keep your name out of the media.” Hee hee.

It could be a motion event that records videos and you can set it up to contact the owner in some way. It says they have video of the event.

These have become easier and less expensive. Our Ring distinguishes between motion and a person. I determine when and how often it records or notifies me. Just like E, (the new owner of the PP home) I am alerted immediately and choose to dismiss, watch, record, snapshot capture etc.

It does not need to be elaborate nor expensive to be effective.

As for the comment regarding the dogs hitting the bobcat. The dogs that were brought in immediately were search and rescue dogs. Cadaver dogs are trained very differently.

ETA: I do not see the pressing of charges as petty. BM has always believed rules don't apply to him. If it was of no significance why didn't he walk next door to retrieve it? He's a liar that lies. This is just icing on the cake per se. Imagine owning that home now, eek.

Last edited:
Are we in for eight months of the dumb and dopey adventures of S and B?

When you’re a murderer everything you do makes you look bad. I bet Barry’s attorneys are telling him, “Don’t do anything. Don’t go anywhere. Don’t talk to anyone. Don’t do anything noteworthy. Keep your name out of the media.” Hee hee.

Well, that lasted. Nearly a week.

JMO

These have become easier and less expensive. Our Ring distinguishes between motion and a person. I determine when and how often it records or notifies me. Just like E, the new owner of the PP home, I am alerted immediately and choose to dismiss, watch, record, snapshot capture etc.

It does not need to be elaborate nor expensive to be effective.

As for the comment regarding the dogs hitting the bobcat. The dogs that were brought in immediately were search and rescue dogs. Cadaver dogs are trained very differently.

ETA: I do not see the pressing of charges as petty. BM has always believed rules don't apply to him. If it was of no significance why didn't he walk next door to retrieve it? He's a liar that lies. This is just icing on the cake per se. Imagine owning that home now, eek.

It's not that hard to put up 1 or 2 cameras, but the more cameras you add, the difficulty increases exponentially, when I got to 8 cameras that's when the difficulty became much harder with CPU bottlenecks and storage problems and Im not even running AI software. Ive got 3 field of view cameras in both the front and back, and 2 cameras by the front and back door and it's taxing the heck out of my PC.

Comment about the dogs is interesting, good insight there.

"If it was of no significance why didn't he walk next door to retrieve it?" When you're on bond everything is significant, look at Fotis Dulos, he stopped on his way home to remove some flowers near his house and that led to an increase in his bond and his suicide. You're tracked 247, I would damn near be calling my lawyer to ask if a trip to the bathroom is ok.

Grusing doesn't appear until late in episode 3, of that Hulu documentary I was talking about.

I totally get why Barry would open up to this guy. He's easygoing, soft spoken, yet seems to command respect.

Who does this remind you of?

"People like Harold, they're compulsive liars. So they will tell you story one, and if you raise an eyebrow or blink too long, they'll go to story two.

They could care less what anybody else believes, as long as you tell them you believe the story.

A narcissist has no empathy for people around him, and every little statement has to go towards building up a perception or image of that person."

It's not that hard to put up 1 or 2 cameras, but the more cameras you add, the difficulty increases exponentially, when I got to 8 cameras that's when the difficulty became much harder with CPU bottlenecks and storage problems and Im not even running AI software. Ive got 3 field of view cameras in both the front and back, and 2 cameras by the front and back door and it's taxing the heck out of my PC.

Comment about the dogs is interesting, good insight there.

"If it was of no significance why didn't he walk next door to retrieve it?" When you're on bond everything is significant, look at Fotis Dulos, he stopped on his way home to remove some flowers near his house and that led to an increase in his bond and his suicide. You're tracked 247, I would damn near be calling my lawyer to ask if a trip to the bathroom is ok.

Your system sounds quite sophisticated!

To your last remark: As evidenced by his "voting in the 2020 election" as SM, he just feel entitled to do what he wants. Rules don't apply to him. I'd bet he isn't calling his lawyers to ask for any permission. We'll see on this one!

Just an FYI. Depending on the service, this is a myth. I was in the US Air Force from 1979 to 1988. I shot a firearm exactly once in that time as part of my service, only while in basics training and never again. I’ve had navy friends and co workers who have told me it was the same for them.

It is different for marines, as every marine is a rifleman first, then their other duties depending on their career field. I’m not really sure about army people, but I think it depends on their career fields.

Just a little back up. In all five branches, you are required to qualify on the current weapon of choice to finish training. Outside of training, if you aren't in a combat/security related field, it's unlikely you'll have to stay qualified. To "qualify" in the US Army, you have to hit 23 out of 40 targets. It's a pretty low standard. It's on a range, in controlled conditions and you can take the time to get in perfect position and perfectly sight your weapon.

There aren't many jobs in the Air Force or the Navy that go into physical combat, so they aren't typically weapons trained past boot camp. Both branches are tech heavy and do their jobs far from enemy lines.

I'm an Air Force brat that joined the Army Reserves in the 90s.

I wonder if BM release has any conditions about not associating with other criminals. Could make it more interesting for a while. moo
I was thinking of the list of things his bond doesn't allow (ie weapons etc) and wondering if BM thought he could acquire something prohibited by having it sent "undercover" to the wrong address. Makes no sense but then neither did voting on behalf of his missing wife...

Finally catching up here - do you all want me to keep track of Darke's court hearings?

TIA!
I think it's pointless. She's facing a misdemeanor charge that will certainly go nowhere (no jail time), and there's a restraining order that either will or will not be granted.

This is just interesting for our purposes, and may lead to developments down the road, but in and of themselves, these things don't mean much.

You don't need more on your plate.

I think it's pointless. She's facing a misdemeanor charge that will certainly go nowhere (no jail time), and there's a restraining order that either will or will not be granted.

This is just interesting for our purposes, and may lead to developments down the road, but in and of themselves, these things don't mean much.

You don't need more on your plate.

Definitely don't need more! :) Okay - I'll not follow it. Thanks!

I don't believe it was an accident that the package was delivered to PP house cos BM forgot to change shipping address, he hadn't lived there for over a year, and I don't believe BM hadn't been ordering stuff online for over a year for such a mistake to happen.

Reckon it was a fact finding mission on his behalf to see if there was any surveillance cameras that were working on the property, or to see if anyone was staying at the property. He's found out that there's surveillance at the front of the property now, wonder if some other person will be tasked the job of finding out for him where there are more cameras?

What's so important to BM at that property that he needs to make such a move?

IMO

I don't believe it was an accident that the package was delivered to PP house cos BM forgot to change shipping address, he hadn't lived there for over a year, and I don't believe BM hadn't been ordering stuff online for over a year for such a mistake to happen.

Reckon it was a fact finding mission on his behalf to see if there was any surveillance cameras that were working on the property, or to see if anyone was staying at the property. He's found out that there's surveillance at the front of the property now, wonder if some other person will be tasked the job of finding out for him where there are more cameras?

What's so important to BM at that property that he needs to make such a move?

IMO

Totally agree with you.

And to add another level of WTH to this crazy story, why would Shoshanna go, all alone, to a home where her bf's wife was possibly abducted and sold into sex trafficking or maimed by a crazed mountain lion? And why would Barry put his "bff" in that position, if it was he who sent her over there? I thought the whole reason for selling PP was that they were so scared of that place!

Make it make sense.

Kind of a petty move to press charges here by Emily, it's clear Shoshona is picking up a package that doesn't belong to Emily.

In normal circumstances I would think the same. But if it was just about keeping LE in the loop re BM she could have reported it but not pressed charges. So I think she is pressing charges maybe to send a very strong message, to BM and also to potential gawkers and crime tourists, that they really don’t want to be trespassing on her property and there will be consequences if they do. I don’t blame her one bit for that.

In normal circumstances I would think the same. But if it was just about keeping LE in the loop re BM she could have reported it but not pressed charges. So I think she is pressing charges maybe to send a very strong message, to BM and also to potential gawkers and crime tourists, that they really don’t want to be trespassing on her property and there will be consequences if they do. I don’t blame her one bit for that.
My guess is that LE also encouraged her to press charges. LE would want to pull on every thread to see where it leads. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member