Found Deceased LA - Nevaeh Allen, 2, Belaire, Baton Rouge, 24 Sep 2021 *mother, stepfather arrested*

This poor baby. :(

She is in a better place. With "Cupcake" Davis, and so many others.

The "story" doesn't pass the test to me. Your GF beats her kid, so you dump the body in a river so she won't get into trouble? Not buying that. Sounds like someone is passing the buck, so there is reasonable doubt on who killed Neveah. He said, she said?

I hate these stories. What is with people who hurt children? There is something wrong there. And the "thought process"...the child is hurt, so let's throw her away like trash. What the heck?

of course, but you could say the same thing about husbands when women disappear in suspicious circumstances. The fact that most men don't murder their wives doesn't mean that when wives go ~missing~ it's not the husband everyone looks at first.
Right, but a lot of husbands go missing in suspicious circumstances too, and quite often it is the wife or girlfriend that is arrested.

I just saw a snippet of the arrest affidavit report on Twitter and I am ill. Here is a link to the story that has links to both arrest affidavits. It’s pretty disturbing.Affidavit says Nevaeh’s mother injured her, struck her in chest out of anger
Thanks for the link! It is disturbing but it also paints a pretty clear picture of what happened.

No surprise that both mother and boyfriend each played a part; mother for the initial injury and both for not bothering to call 911. The article said the boyfriend had no answer when asked why he didn’t seek help.

IMO incidents like this stop being an accident the second a decision is made to do nothing to help the victim and instead it becomes murder.

I hate these people. :mad: MOO

P.S. I bet their texts will tell on them. IMO

This is my very first comment. This case brought me out of lurker status...just to say how embarrassed I am that I actually fell for the mother's initial plea on television. Maybe I'm too naive...
You are not the only one. I also fell for it . I know people react differently and hearing she was abused. Now that I have watched the video again, I am disgusted with her.

Thanks for the link! It is disturbing but it also paints a pretty clear picture of what happened.

No surprise that both mother and boyfriend each played a part; mother for the initial injury and both for not bothering to call 911. The article said the boyfriend had no answer when asked why he didn’t seek help.

IMO incidents like this stop being an accident the second a decision is made to do nothing to help the victim and instead it becomes murder.

I hate these people. :mad: MOO

P.S. I bet their texts will tell on them. IMO
I also feel terrible this case is not getting the attention it deserves . I hope people will be more likely to report their suspicions and hopefully another child will not have to suffer like this poor little angel did everyday at the hands of those who were supposed love and protect her. I hope that these other children in the home and the one she is carrying end up with loving, caring families and not stuck in the system

This is my very first comment. This case brought me out of lurker status...just to say how embarrassed I am that I actually fell for the mother's initial plea on television. Maybe I'm too naive...
Please, never feel embarrassed for having faith in people and believing what they say! We tend to see the worst of the worst in threads here but don't forget that most of the time people are good and caregivers do call for help when something happens to a loved one. It's the outliers who garner attention.

Having a loving, accepting heart is a precious commodity and being wrong once in a while changes nothing. MOO.

I just saw a snippet of the arrest affidavit report on Twitter and I am ill. Here is a link to the story that has links to both arrest affidavits. It’s pretty disturbing.Affidavit says Nevaeh’s mother injured her, struck her in chest out of anger

It's difficult to get into a position where one could punch a 2yr old in the torso, especially in the confines of a bathroom. A toddler's chest is at an adult's knee level. An adult could do it by kneeling right down onto the floor, I suppose, but would this be likely to happen in a flash of rage. I don't believe that's what happened at all.

I'd be more inclined to believe that the woman kicked the dear child.

But ... here's another problem, picture this: the woman was in the bathroom, presumably getting ready to put in her contacts when the toddler came in and touched the contacts. The contacts are likely sitting on the cabinet within reach of the toddler.

The woman punches the toddler in the torso, causing the toddler to fall ... where? The punch in the torso causes the toddler to bang her head on the cabinet.

That doesn't seem likely to me.

https://www.brproud.com/wp-content/...*s_amp_id*YW1wLVktNnZzUDZkV0pZeWRCZUZONTBnOWc.

Last edited:
It's difficult to get into a position where one could punch a 2yr old in the chest, especially in the confines of a bathroom. A toddler's chest is at an adult's knee level. An adult could do it by kneeling right down onto the floor, I suppose, but would this be likely to happen in a flash of rage. I don't believe that's what happened at all.

But ... here's another problem, picture this: the woman was in the bathroom, presumably getting ready to put in her contacts when the toddler came in and touched the contacts. The contacts are likely sitting on the cabinet within reach of the toddler.

The woman punches the toddler in the chest, causing the toddler to fall ... where? The punch in the chest causes the toddler to bang her head on the cabinet.

Apparently there was a lot more than one punch to the stomach. According to the affidavit:

The Defendant forcefully grabbed the victim and took her to another room. Gardner described hearing what sounded like two adults fighting in the room.​

So if the boyfriend is telling the truth then Nevaeh suffered way more injuries. Sigh, it's always more than what the perps tell LE...

I also feel terrible this case is not getting the attention it deserves . I hope people will be more likely to report their suspicions and hopefully another child will not have to suffer like this poor little angel did everyday at the hands of those who were supposed love and protect her. I hope that these other children in the home and the one she is carrying end up with loving, caring families and not stuck in the system

BBM
It is so important that people become involved when they witness child abuse. I hesitate to mention a personal experience, but it illustrates a point. Quite a few years ago, before everyone had a cell phone, I was standing in line in a crowded supermarket. In front of me were a man and woman with a baby and a little boy who looked about 3. The boy was doing something that annoyed the adults. Finally, the man shouted "I told you to stop," and to my horror, he made a fist and hit the little boy, hard, in the side of his head. The child fell to the floor and slid into a display that toppled and fell on him. I ran to a pay phone outside of the store and called 911. Two police officers were nearby and arrived in a couple of minutes. I went into the store with them and pointed out the man. The child was crying hysterically. Customers started crowding around me and thanking me for calling the police. They said that they had been so shocked that they didn't know what to do. Then the store manager ran over. He said that he had been upstairs in his office looking out a window into the store and had seen the whole thing. He kept saying that he was so embarrassed that he didn't call 911. The policeman said that for my safety he was going to use the manager's name in the report instead of mine, and he told me he wanted me to be far away from there before the man walked outside, so he wouldn't see my car. I appreciated that he was concerned for my safety, but I would have gladly been the official witness in the report if the manager hadn't stepped up. There were many witnesses in that store who were shocked to see a man hit a child in the head with his fist, but it never occurred to any of them to report it. I'll never understand that. I think we all have an obligation to report any abuse or suspicion of abuse.

In Neveah's case, the abuse undoubtedly wasn't a one time occurrence. I will be surprised if we don't hear that there have been multiple reports made against both of these people in the past. It is sad to think of all of the children they have between them -- and, not surprising, another on the way.

It's difficult to get into a position where one could punch a 2yr old in the torso, especially in the confines of a bathroom. A toddler's chest is at an adult's knee level. An adult could do it by kneeling right down onto the floor, I suppose, but would this be likely to happen in a flash of rage. I don't believe that's what happened at all.

The woman punches the toddler in the torso, causing the toddler to fall ... where? The punch in the torso causes the toddler to bang her head on the cabinet.

https://www.brproud.com/wp-content/...*s_amp_id*YW1wLVktNnZzUDZkV0pZeWRCZUZONTBnOWc.

The injuries also sound a lot more than a stomach punch and a bang to the head (bad enough as those would be)

An autopsy found “multiple contusions to the face and head along with swelling to the brain,” according to arrest documents. Documents said marks and bruises were also seen on the body along with injuries to the stomach.

from the article mscree linked Affidavit says Nevaeh’s mother injured her, struck her in chest out of anger

Right, but a lot of husbands go missing in suspicious circumstances too, and quite often it is the wife or girlfriend that is arrested.

Of course. It's more that it's typical for whoever is closest to the victim to be looked at first no matter who we're talking about. I don't think stepparents who do nothing wrong should feel bad when stepparents are the first ones to be looked at in a case like this. Or parents. Or girlfriends. Or husbands. Or whoever. It's just natural for people to react that way, and largely also borne out by statistics. It works no matter who we're talking about: when y is murdered its most often by x, but that doesn't mean that all x out there are murdering their y. If that makes sense.

On topic, I have to say it doesn't surprise me at all that these two would blame each other and throw each other under the bus.

@Unalienable Rights
Thank you for sharing your story. It takes courage to speak out, you did the right thing.

I did something similar back in the day, but involving young adults. We were on our way to go camping and came upon a pickup truck with a woman was hanging out of the passenger door, struggling. As we passed, she was being held back from jumping by her shirt by a male driver. It was clear she was trying to get away, not being pushed out the door. When she caught our eye, she screamed to us for help. When he saw us, he sped off, still hanging on to her.
This was before cell phones, too. I had to beg my then husband to pull over to a store so we could use a payphone to call authorities. He didn't want to get involved, but I wasn't having it. I believe this was the first time I'd ever called to report something. I gave them the license plate number and a description of the vehicle, what direction, what was happening, etc. I have no idea how it turned out, I don't think I ever gave them my name, but at least I could live with myself for trying.

I think shock, not believing ones eyes, and not wanting to get involved prevents a lot of people from reporting child abuse when they see it. In the case of Tavielle Kegas, the little girl starved to death in my hometown, everyone had an idea something wasn't right, but none of her neighbors stepped up to the plate because they didn't want authorities getting into their business, and maybe expose their neglect and unlawful behavior. They didn't want to snitch.

@ThePRobReport

UPDATE: Lanaya Cardwell, the woman accused in the death of her daughter Nevaeh Allen, made her first appearance in court this morning. Cardwell’s bond was set at $300,000. That amount could be changed, or bond denied altogether, during next week’s hearing.
@WAFB

@ThePRobReport

The hearing, which was set to review everything from her bond amount and other issues related to her case, is postponed until Monday, October 4, to give her court-appointed attorney more time to review the case. Judge Christopher Dassau is presiding over the case.
@WAFB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back