GUILTY UK - Sabina Nessa, 28, found murdered in park, SE London, 18 Sep 2021 *ARREST* #2

Violence and sexual offenses seem fairly high on the crime map around the Terminus Road area of Eastbourne where the arrest was made.

It's right next to the station, so in a way that's a kind of statistical artefact, because that's the part of any town where you'd expect a concentration of dealing and prostitution, plus a half hourly influx of people coming home in a bit of a state after a night on the razz. In my experience, it isn't a particularly alarming part of E/B and in fact is only a few blocks away from some extremely nice roads. I would feel a lot more nervous in, say, the Seaside area.

The Crown Court
at Central Criminal Court

Daily Courtroom List for Thursday 30 September 2021
FINAL 1

Court 14
- sitting at 09:30 am

THE RECORDER OF LONDON

For Mention (Defendant to Attend)
T20217322 SELAMAJ Koci
CVP (Link on front page of DCS)

AN ex-Domino's delivery driver will appear in court today charged with the murder of a primary school teacher.

Sabina Nessa, 28, was attacked as she walked to a pub and was later found dead five minutes from her home in Kidbrooke, south east London.

On Monday, Koci Selamaj, 36, was charged with murder and was later remanded in custody ahead of his appearance at London's Old Bailey.

At Willesden Magistrates’ Court, Selamaj was not asked to formally enter a plea.

But when asked for an indication of his client's plea, Selamaj's lawyer Aidan Harvey, said: "I have indicated on the form it will be a not guilty plea."

Ex Domino's delivery driver, 36, in court charged with murdering Sabina Nessa

It's worth remembering that before this sad case Kidbrooke was a backwater known only for one thing, the Kidbrooke Interchange. It is mentioned almost daily on radio traffic reports as a point of rush hour hold-ups or even more newsworthy when it is flowing freely. For anyone travelling South East out of London on the A2 you are given a choice - continue on the A2 to Dover or go on the A20 towards Folkestone. Anyone going to Eastbourne would naturally go on the A20 towards the M25 as it is further West of the A2. Other routes out of London to the M25 are too slow and clogged with traffic to even consider.

Kidbrooke used to have such a bad reputation they razed a lot of it to the ground. It has a lot of posh flats in the new Kidbrooke Village and the council estate on the Cator park is very mixed. It has a lovely duck pond and roaming geese etc. This is surrounded by houses only the wealthy can buy and entry on 3 sides is gated. The landscaped Village makes the fourth side. There are two schools, one recently rebuilt where the reputation has gone from bad to excellent. The other seems to attract a very mixed set. Wealthier people use it before sending their kids onto wherever but it is in the council estate. It is not a bad area, but the boy who murdered the two girls in a park lived there, and I have heard of two muns from one of the schools having a punch up. It is worrying so much violence in such a short time. However I find it a very unusual place. The reality is these things, sadly happen everywhere.

It's right next to the station, so in a way that's a kind of statistical artefact, because that's the part of any town where you'd expect a concentration of dealing and prostitution, plus a half hourly influx of people coming home in a bit of a state after a night on the razz. In my experience, it isn't a particularly alarming part of E/B and in fact is only a few blocks away from some extremely nice roads. I would feel a lot more nervous in, say, the Seaside area.

I completely agree with you: I've never felt alarmed coming home fairly late off a London train, and I'm an ancient person! I used to walk home up Grove Road late at night regularly. Terminus Road is the 'main drag' running all the way from the station to Victoria Place at the seafront end, and in fact as you say a road off it like Seaside would be more worrying.

I initially thought 'behind Terminus Road' as a description of where Selamaj was arrested must be somewhere on that side. I walked down Ivy Terrace the next day because I was so surprised it was described as 'a rundown area of Eastbourne' when it's off Grove Road and OK, a bit of a neglected back street between two busy streets, but nothing special. I realised I'd never previously investigated the 'loop' where he was staying ( and it was of course cordoned off at both ends last week) and that does seem a bit grotty. But the whole area is referred to as 'Little Chelsea' by local estate agents - also silly, but it's certainly not regarded as a bad area. All this 'crime hot spot' stuff strikes me as over-dramatised, but then I used to live in South London...

Sabina Nessa killed in ‘premeditated, predatory attack’, court hears

Sabina Nessa killed in a “premeditated, predatory attack”

There is no suggestion the deceased and the defendant were known to each other.

The prosecution alleges this was a premeditated and predatory attack on a stranger.”

The court heard Ms Nessa was struck repeatedly with a weapon, though the exact cause of death is not yet known.

How premeditated are they talking about? If she was a stranger, how much premeditation was there? Did he follow her home and lie in wait?

According to CourtNewsUK, KS was working in a garage.
_____

ALBANIAN GARAGE WORKER ‘BEAT TEACHER TO DEATH’

30SEP2021

An Albanian garage worker accused of beating primary school teacher Sabina Nessa to death has appeared at the Old Bailey. Ms Nessa, 28, was murdered as she walked through Cator Park in Kidbrooke, southeast London, on her way to meet a friend on 17 September. Her body was found covered in leaves, nearly 24 hours later, near a community centre in the park. Koci Selamaj, 36, from Eastbourne, East Sussex, was arrested in the early hours of Sunday 26. and…

Albanian garage worker ‘beat teacher to death’ – Court News UK

Rest is behind a paywall.

From the article:
_____

At the Old Bailey, Prosecutor Alison Morgan QC said: 'The defendant is 36 as of this year and had no previous convictions.

'He is an Albanian national. There is nothing to suggest the defendant and the deceased were known to each other.

'The prosecution suggests this was a premeditated and predatory attack on a stranger.

'At the time of these events, the defendant was living at a flat in Eastbourne, East Sussex.

'He has legal status in this country. He was working at a garage in the Eastbourne area.

From the DM.article posted above.

Ms Morgan added: 'At the time of these events the defendant was living at an address in Eastbourne.

'He has legal status in this country and he was working at a garage in the Eastbourne area.

This surprised me. I had thought he was probably living in London after splitting up with his girl friend.

Albanian national accused of murdering teacher Sabina Nessa faces court for the first time | Daily Mail Online

Primary school teacher Sabina Nessa, 28, was 'beaten to death with 2ft long weapon' in 'premeditated and predatory attack caught on CCTV' as Albanian ex Domino's delivery driver, 36, appears in court accused of her murder
  • Domino's driver Koci Selamaj, 36, of Eastbourne was remanded in custody at HMP Wormwood Scrubs today
  • He's accused of murdering Sabina Nessa, 28, in 'predatory' park attack after loitering in Cator Park, Kidbrooke
  • Ms Nessa's body was recovered under a pile of leaves near a community centre just a day after the attack
  • It has been claimed the teacher's attacker struck her repeatedly with a '2ft long weapon' in horrifying scenes

There is no suggestion the deceased and the defendant were known to each other.

The prosecution alleges this was a premeditated and predatory attack on a stranger.”

The court heard Ms Nessa was struck repeatedly with a weapon, though the exact cause of death is not yet known.

How premeditated are they talking about? If she was a stranger, how much premeditation was there? Did he follow her home and lie in wait?

Premeditated as in he went out looking for a victim, I would assume.

A '2ft long weapon'. Not a drinks can, then.
No light has been shed by the additional information, really, has it? If anything, it's even more confusing, now we're told he worked in a garage in the Eastbourne area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back