Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Published in Australia today .... for those who are interested in the psychology behind the massive public interest in this case.

Here's why you can't look away from the Gabby Petito story

That's a good article, and I really agree with the idea that the massive amount of video footage makes us feel "close" to Gabby, as if we know her. It would be nice if all missing persons got that same sort of attention, but it's hard to form an emotional connection if all you see is a grainy black and white photo of a missing person. It doesn't feel as real.

Duane "Dog the Bounty Hunter" Chapman hired a private K-9 team to help search a tiny Tampa Bay island for any trace of Brian Laundrie, a fugitive person of interest in the homicide of his fiancée, Gabby Petito.

A crew of four people carrying backpacks and other supplies left on boats headed to search Egmont Key, a 450 acre, mostly uninhabited island at the mouth of Tampa Bay. "We're out here at the island," Chapman said in a video posted on Twitter yesterday. "This would be and could be a perfect spot for him to hide, not too many people out here."
Dog The Bounty Hunter Hired A K9 Team To Catch Brian Laundrie | K102 | Amy James

That's A LOT. Wonder what for? I know at least two were because of Dog knocking on their door and that was just in the last few days. So 10-27, was Brian still "at home" with them from the first few days of that?

edited: Clearly if he purchased the phone on the 14th and then was reported missing on the 17th, four of those days he's home for those calls.
It says the calls had an "incident location" with the address I believe, so I'm thinking the neighbors were some of those calls. The wording is confusing, hopefully it is clarified somewhere.

"Hi, can someone PLEASE do something about the bullhorns next door?"

I wonder if they'd go to the same spot again, but not sure if the library was just a place for them to stall knowing full well nobody was about to enter there and harrass them or what.
I kind of felt like that was a stalling place, maybe they arrived for their appointment too early and didn't want to deal with talking to people and the library was a convenient place to avoid that.

What is everyone's thoughts regarding the validity of Chris McDonough's claim that he knows the secret Twitter account of BL? If he's wrong he has blasted a private individual's personal information (full name, street address) to 100k Youtube viewers & spawned 1000s of people to share this individual's info on social media.
So far this hasn't gained any traction in MSM. <modsnip - discussion is limited to content of YouTube not the content creator>

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't quite see how HIPAA could apply. That law applies to the keepers of medical records, not to every person who might have knowledge about a person's medical situation. (Assuming a medical condition was even involved here )
JMO
HIPPA laws also protects individuals receiving care. FBI would have to be knowledgeable of his care in this situation but no one would have to disclose this to the public.

There are certain exceptions to the HIPAA privacy rules in this context. For example, a HIPAA covered entity (like a hospital) may disclose personal health info to law enforcement without the individual’s signed HIPAA authorization
• To report PHI to a law enforcement official reasonably able to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the health or safety of an individual or the public.
• To report PHI that the covered entity in good faith believes to be evidence of a crime that occurred on the premises of the covered entity.
• To alert law enforcement to the death of the individual, when there is a suspicion that death resulted from criminal conduct.
• When responding to an off-site medical emergency, as necessary to alert law enforcement to criminal activity.
• To report PHI to law enforcement when required by law to do so (such as reporting gunshots or stab wounds).

Etc.

https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/special/emergency/final_hipaa_guide_law_enforcement.pdf#targetText=A HIPAA covered entity also,authorization in certain incidents, including:&targetText=To report PHI to a,an individual or the public

Last edited:
BL had two women who loved him and strongly supported him. That’s a lot of creative energy for him to live on. He killed one of them. Now he has only one - his mother. If she can be weakened - even just with our thoughts about her - BL will lose all his strength and be caught.

MOO

Someone on the last thread mentioned the possibility that BL may have taken his old (original) phone when he went missing since Bertolino has said that he left the new one at home and it’s in LE possession. My first thought was no, because LE would be able to track that phone. But then I thought that maybe he did take it and it pinged a few times in the Carlton Reserve. That would explain why LE has spent so much in the way of time and resources there and has not seemed overly interested in the possibilities that he might be somewhere else.
Well, LE did say that "intelligence" has led them to where they are searching in the reserve. They seem to have narrowed it down to "bodies of water" in the last few days, so I wonder what evidence led them there. Imo

What is everyone's thoughts regarding the validity of Chris McDonough's claim that he knows the secret Twitter account of BL? If he's wrong he has blasted a private individual's personal information (full name, street address) to 100k Youtube viewers & spawned 1000s of people to share this individual's info on social media.
I'm not completely caught up on this, but just because it has the word "Nomadic" in it doesn't seem like proof... And whoever it is has been active enough to add "#NotBrian" to their account. I think he is blasting an innocent person and it's awful. MOO.

It says the calls had an "incident location" with the address I believe, so I'm thinking the neighbors were some of those calls. The wording is confusing, hopefully it is clarified somewhere.

"Hi, can someone PLEASE do something about the bullhorns next door?"
I was wondering about the phrasing, too, whether the calls originated from the Laundrie home or whether they just responded to the Laundrie home. Those calls could be made up of any number of people. I mean, honestly, the Laundries are trying to avoid talking to the police, I don't see them calling 911 just to chat.

I don't quite see how HIPAA could apply. That law applies to the keepers of medical records, not to every person who might have knowledge about a person's medical situation. (Assuming a medical condition was even involved here )
JMO

MOO - I believe the theory may be that he has been hospitalized due to a medical condition. IE - MH issue.

While I kind of think Brian is dead, and I'm not sure his parents ever heard the whole story from him, if, by chance they did hide him out, wouldn't they need to have established some sort of drop-off point where they could refresh his food and supplies. Somewhere he could easily retrieve them?

With the near-constant surveillance of the parents, it seems as though it would be nearly impossible to accomplish that.

Duane "Dog the Bounty Hunter" Chapman hired a private K-9 team to help search a tiny Tampa Bay island for any trace of Brian Laundrie, a fugitive person of interest in the homicide of his fiancée, Gabby Petito.

A crew of four people carrying backpacks and other supplies left on boats headed to search Egmont Key, a 450 acre, mostly uninhabited island at the mouth of Tampa Bay. "We're out here at the island," Chapman said in a video posted on Twitter yesterday. "This would be and could be a perfect spot for him to hide, not too many people out here."
Dog The Bounty Hunter Hired A K9 Team To Catch Brian Laundrie | K102 | Amy James
So does he know where BL has been like he stated previously? Or is he just searching random islands to find Monster cans? I wonder if those dogs know BL's scent.

Yeah, I'm sure you're right. I just keep going back to "why would he hide out on an island, where he has no way to escape if they close in on him." And for the right amount of money, people will do some pretty shady things, IMO.
Maybe he has a snorkel and flippers stashed

<modsnip - discussion of YouTubers is limited to content not opinion of the individual>

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
HIPPA also protects individuals who are under care as well.
There are certain exceptions to the HIPAA privacy rules in this context. For example, a HIPAA covered entity (like a hospital) may disclose personal health info to law enforcement without the individual’s signed HIPAA authorization
• To report PHI to a law enforcement official reasonably able to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the health or safety of an individual or the public.
• To report PHI that the covered entity in good faith believes to be evidence of a crime that occurred on the premises of the covered entity.
• To alert law enforcement to the death of the individual, when there is a suspicion that death resulted from criminal conduct.
• When responding to an off-site medical emergency, as necessary to alert law enforcement to criminal activity.
• To report PHI to law enforcement when required by law to do so (such as reporting gunshots or stab wounds).

Etc.

Quite true. But HIPAA wouldn't cover knowledge his parents had about BL, for example (as was raised in the original post I replied to.) They can tell anyone they wish, or not. Medical information doesn't get some special protection by law in that sense. So if I've been asked to watch my neighbor's house while she is hospitalized for surgery, I can trumpet that & more from the rooftops and not violate HIPAA. (I wouldn't, but I could.)
JMO

Florida police send Fox News lengthy list of 911 calls to Brian Laundrie home since saga began
There were at least 46 911 calls placed at the North Port, Fla. home of Brian Laundrie between September 10 and the 27th, according to police records obtained by Fox News Digital.

North Port Police Department provided Fox News Digital with 46 pages of records related to 911 calls with an incident location of the home where Laundrie resides with his parents, and where he lived with his fiancée, Gabby Petito, before she disappeared and was later found dead.

North Port Police would not provide logs for calls made before the afternoon of September 10, the day before Petito’s mother reported her missing, and the records were partially redacted.
Gabby Petito: Search for Brian Laundrie ongoing in Florida: LIVE UPDATES
Devil's advocate here, but how many of those calls were made on the 10th? It was posted that there were 3 incidents requiring police on the 10th so who knows how many times they called to make that happen. I assume that's when JP showed up after not being able to reach them and found the van in the drive. I wouldn't blame him a bit for causing a situation that required police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73