Found Deceased WA - Jennifer Caridad, 23, seen w/bf before his multi-state crime spree, Sunnyside, 8 Aug 2021

RSBBM

“Jennifer was last seen with her boyfriend, who was identified as Aurelio J. Escobar.”
...found her car abandoned at the scene of a shooting near Berglund Lake they believe her boyfriend, Escobar, was involved in.

When officers began going over the crime scene, they decided to take a look at an SUV that the victim and other witnesses told officers Escobar had been driving. Investigators found the back seat covered in blood and what appeared to be a bloody tarp nearby.

“Detectives have been searching around Berglund Lake and they found an area where it looks like he may have dumped a bunch of his girlfriend’s clothing,” Yakima Police Capt. Jay Seely said. “We definitely believe there is foul play.”

Anyone with information about Jennifer Caridad’s disappearance or her current whereabouts can contact the Sunnyside Police Department at 509-836-6200 and ask to speak to Det. Melissa Heeran.

#more @ link re: the crime spree

RSBM

611459423af65.image.jpg

A Sunnyside woman disappeared in early August. "We just want answers," her brother says.
Sep 24, 2021 Updated Sep 27, 2021
SBM

“We just want her back safe and sound,”... [snip] The family has heard nothing from police about the progress on the case, V. said. “We’re holding up, but we just want answers,” ... [snip] ...deputies have used drones and dogs to search possible locations but have found nothing. “She’s just a missing person at this point,” Bailey said. He said the search is complicated because it encompasses a large area and Escobar is a suspect in a two-state crime spree.

Why is such a pretty woman with such an awful person.family.

Jennifer is beautiful, but to answer your question we'd need a panel of psychotherapists, women that have been through it, recite "the heart knows what the heart wants". Oh and we all make mistakes or bad choices. It's just so devastating poor Jennifer got wrapped up in this.

Missing in America: 24-year-old last seen before boyfriend’s crime spree | NewsNation Now
Updated: NOV 10, 2021

SBM

...Escobar is a gang member and Jennifer’s disappearance is linked to his violent crime spree stretching from Washington to southern Oregon.
  • ...shot and carjacked another man at Berglund Lake.
  • ...allegedly carjacked or made attempts to switch vehicles in several towns
  • ...stole a car in Goldendale,
  • ...taken into custody Aug. 11 after a chase and shootout in Medford.
  • ...has refused to provide any information regarding the whereabouts of Jennifer.
[snip]

Without direct evidence of foul play in Jennifer’s disappearance, it remains a missing person case. If toxicology results determine the blood found in the SUV was Jennifer’s, the investigation would take on a new focus. Police told the family that may take up to eight months.

We just want to know what happened to her, if she’s dead or not, we want to have peace,” Marco Caridad told NewsNation.

“When I go to sleep, I ask God, ‘Take care of my daughter,’” her father, Enrique Caridad, said. “I can’t do anything, but you can. That’s all I ask him. Why my daughter?”

The family SUV is still with police, three months later. As for the blood found in the vehicle, investigators say they’re waiting on test results to determine if it belonged to Jennifer — which they say could take as long as eight months.

Escobar, who is a Norteño gang member, remains in jail in Oregon, Yakima police Capt. Jay Seely told the Yakima Herald.

In addition to the fugitive warrant, Escobar has been charged with three counts of attempted murder, unlawful use of a weapon, felon in possession of a firearm, attempting to elude police by vehicle, reckless endangering, reckless driving, and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. He’s being held on $1.25 million bond, according to jail records.
Where’s Jennifer? 3 Months After Her Disappearance, Family Still Has No Peace

It sounds like he arrived at the lake in the vehicle without her, and seems unlikely that it would have been much before the police were called about the shooting etc. That was at 17:35. That’s a 24 hour period between Jennifer leaving her home and Escobar appearing with her car.

Police looking for Sunnyside man who shot man in Yakima, carjacked vehicles in two states

“Police were called to Berglund Lake shortly before 5:35 p.m. for a man who had been shot, Yakima police Capt. Jay Seely said. Officers found a 24-year-old Yakima man who was shot three times, Seely said.
The man had been fishing with his daughter and friend, who were not hurt, Seely said. The man was treated and released from a local hospital, Seely said.
Seely said the shooter demanded the keys to the man’s truck, and drove away in it. Witnesses said the suspect arrived in another car that was left at the lake. Police found the car had been stolen out of Sunnyside and had a large amount of blood on the back seat, Seely said.”

Divers search Berglund Lake as Yakima police investigate Sunnyside woman's disappearance | Crime And Courts | yakimaherald.com

This image from the article above shows the area of specific interest at the lake.

Attachments

• 5C62E031-E3A3-4CF4-9CBA-353C335F9633.png
    5C62E031-E3A3-4CF4-9CBA-353C335F9633.png
    387.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
2 mos ago:

It's been over four excruciating months for the Caridad family since 23-year-old Jennifer Caridad went missing.

Her parents say they last saw her on Aug 8 when she left their home in Sunnyside, Washington telling them she was going to pick up her boyfriend, 26-year-old Aurelio Escobar. He remains in custody at the Jackson County Jail after a crime spree that spanned Washington and Oregon borders ended in a shootout with police in Medford on August 11.

With the holidays fast approaching, her mother says she is holding out hope for her daughter's safe return.

"My daughter is not a piece of furniture that can be forgotten," said Leonor Vargas-Gonzales speaking in Spanish during an interview on Monday. "At night listening to the ambulances, and (thinking) 'my daughter, where is she?' I know she is alive, I can feel it."
As boyfriend's settlement trail approaches, Jennifer Caridad is still missing

Last edited:
Jennifer was said to be consumed with her boyfriend of eight months, 26-year-old Aurelio Escobar. The relationship soon overshadowed her work with kids at a child care center.

But the Caridads were less than impressed with Escobar, who was unemployed and moved in with the family over the summer.

“Not that I was scared of him. I just had a weird feeling,” said Jennifer’s brother, Luis. “I didn’t want to be involved with him.”

The family has since learned Escobar is a gang member and Jennifer’s disappearance is linked to his violent crime spree stretching from Washington to southern Oregon.

According to police, Escobar shot and carjacked another man at Berglund Lake. And over the next two days, he allegedly carjacked or made attempts to switch vehicles in several towns south of Yakima and then in Portland, Oregon.

Her parents say they last saw her on Aug 8 when she left their home in Sunnyside, Washington telling them she was going to pick up her boyfriend, 26-year-old Aurelio Escobar. He remains in custody at the Jackson County Jail after a crime spree that spanned Washington and Oregon borders ended in a shootout with police in Medford on August 11.
Jennifer Caridad last seen before boyfriend's alleged violent crime spree

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire