Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW. This is the first I've heard. And also this from Brian Entin: 3 Calls to 911 on the day Gabby was reported missing https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1443677455995318272
Didn’t GP’s dad say he went over to the Laundrie house to try to find out info about his daughter because they couldn’t reach Gabby and no one was responding to calls or texts asking about her? Maybe the Laundries called 911 because Mr Petito was outside their door and wouldn’t go away.

same and yet they likely met with an attorney during the trek to Orlando. I don't fault them for that. But to not plead for your son to turn himself in so he can have some kind of life ? Makes me think they don't need to....
JMO
So at first I was annoyed with the Laundries (and their atty) and could absolutely not understand why they wouldn't speak, but now that I think of it, not sure there is really anything they could say or do now (at this point) that would make things better, change anyone's opinion of them, or even serve NOT to stoke more anger, tension and negative sentiment.

If the Laundries decided to speak now, could that make the situation even more of a circus? It's possible, depends on what they would say of course. But since they likely wouldn't want to self-incriminate, if they made any public statements they'd probably just be rote common language.

interesting. I’ve said it before but is it possible the Laundries are afraid of their son?

Maybe father and son fighting? Perhaps BL's dad figured out he killed Gabby ( mother refused to believe) In my experience father's are much more able to accept the bad behaviors of sons than mothers are)
They were silent before their son went missing, him missing was not the catalyst for their silence.

Right, coming home in the van without Gabby was the catalyst.

It's remarkable when compared to most situations like this, yet par for the course in this particular case.

They've protected him since day one, and I'm wondering if they are hoping for the third, yet impossible scenario:

That their son remain free forever.
Hi @MassGuy.... I dropped off after the CW & PF cases but this is another case where the parents behavior just blows your mind! Remember Mama Watts & Frazee...unreal!

Didn’t GP’s dad say he went over to the Laundrie house to try to find out info about his daughter because they couldn’t reach Gabby and no one was responding to calls or texts asking about her? Maybe the Laundries called 911 because Mr Petito was outside their door and wouldn’t go away.
This is interesting, because IMO this scenario as you described would indicate that the Laundries alerted law enforcement of Mr. Petito, effectively bringing LE into the Gabby-gone-missing scenario. If they (or their son) were in-process of evading the law, would they be so eager to call 911?

I also can't shake the feeling that Gabby may have had healed fractures on autopsy or previous injuries, that would point to continued abuse by her abuser over a period of time.
The FBI returning multiple times, looking so hard for him. I have a feeling that there is more under the surface that would be revealed in autopsy.
Or he may have committed other crimes while on the move. That has been discovered after a DNA profile was established.

MOO

Still can’t believe the Laundries haven’t made some type of statement to try to get BL to come home.

I’d much rather have my child facing prison than go to sleep every night worrying about him being shot in the head by a US Marshall.
Or a crowd of angry Americans looking for Justice for Gabby.
He's better off behind bars and as a Mother, I just don't understand why she's not crying out now, even if she helped him. The hunt became more fierce once her body was found.

Maybe you've missed the 10 million posts about alligators living out there, and poisonous snakes. And other animals. Or he could have jumped in the water to avoid a snake or insects and gotten stuck in the mud. But personally I doubt he was ever in that swamp, so he's probably not in the water out there. JMOO

Haven’t missed those and have hiked through areas with lots of gators. IMO the only way a gator pulled him in the water is if he was already deceased or injured. I could see getting stuck in the mud. I’m just curious about other people’s theories on how he could get in the water. The most plausible I’ve heard is he was deceased and his body has been overtaken by flood waters. Not saying he’s in the water, just IF.

I’m simply a couch potato who enjoys true crime. So, keep that in mind… If FBI was collecting DNA from the camper, wouldn’t it have taken longer than just those few seconds. I seem to think they wouldn’t have had one specific place to go and grab a sample from. I’m thinking it had to be a specific object. JMO

How interesting! Thank you!

Like so many of us here, I just can't stop thinking about Gabby and her family. And thinking angry thoughts about BL and family. I ordered Gabby's sunflower ring off of Etsy. I do hope that wasn't supposed to represent an engagement ring from him, but the family said she loved sunflowers, so I will carry that in my heart and my mind.

Haven’t missed those and have hiked through areas with lots of gators. IMO the only way a gator pulled him in the water is if he was already deceased or injured. I could see getting stuck in the mud. I’m just curious about other people’s theories on how he could get in the water. The most plausible I’ve heard is he was deceased and his body has been overtaken by flood waters. Not saying he’s in the water, just IF.
What's the likelihood of him getting mauled by a panther? J/w.

I wondered this as well. Sometimes, I think, MOO, they are working very closely with the FBI, with their attorney, of course.

After all, for now, their son is missing for too long, now. And yes, there is ONE indictment, but their son is missing. I would be a basket case.

I wonder if they sacrificed their reputation, agreed to be completely villianized by the public, by remaining silent UPON REQUEST just to help find their son. (Please remember, they WERE going to have a press conference and called it off because the FBI asked them to). I can't even imagine. Again MOO and all that.

(bolded by me)

“As per my conversation with the FBI this evening there will be no press conference tomorrow,” attorney Steven Bertolino told The Post.

But Bertolino said it was “not true” that the FBI had advised him to cancel.

“Just not in my clients’ best interest,” he wrote in a text message.

September 21, 2021
Gabby Petito update: Brian Laundrie family attorney cancels press conference amid FBI probe
Gabby Petito update: Brian Laundrie family attorney cancels press conference amid FBI probe

Police called to Laundrie home twice the day before Gabby Petito was reported missing

Florida cops have been called to Brian Laundrie’s parents’ home dozens of times in recent weeks — including twice the day before his slain girlfriend, Gabby Petito, was reported missing, records provided to The Post show.

The calls are an indication of the chaos that has descended on the North Port property over Chris and Roberta Laundrie’s fugitive son.

North Port police responded to the Laundrie home 46 times since Sept. 10 — the day before Petito, a Long Island native, was reported missing by her mother, Nichole Schmidt.

Five calls made on Sept. 10 and Sept. 11 suggest turbulence at the house even before Petito’s disappearance made national headlines and made the Laundries a target.

North Port cops first responded to the home shortly before 4 p.m. Sept. 10 on a “public service” call, according to the records.

Police returned around 6:30 p.m., with both calls marked as “problem settled.”

According to Fox News, the second Sept. 10 call involved Petito’s father, Joe Petito. Joe Petito did not physically go to the Laundrie home, but “expressed concern” over his daughter, the outlet reported Thursday.

Police went to Laundrie home day before Gabby Petito reported missing

I wonder if there have been 911 calls made in the past from the Laundrie residence?

When I say 'in the past', I mean in the time period BL and GP lived there along with BL's parents.

It's been widely reported that BL and GP's relationship was hot and cold, on and off, so it makes me think that 911 might have been called before if their arguments were explosive (and particularly if one, or both of them got violent).

MOO

Based on all we know, GP dad was never at the L's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993