Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet those lawyer Ladies are livid today. IMO Good luck controlling your client who had undoubtedly just done exactly what they didn’t want him to do. Does Barry realize they don’t have to continue representing him? He is such a piece of work.

Those Lawyers are not going to drop Barry they are revelling in the attention the case is getting.
The more Barry shows how stupid he is the better it is for them ,more dollars for advising him how to minimise his latest c*ck up.

People will also sympathise with them about how difficult it is to defend him .

Those Lawyers are not going to drop Barry they are revelling in the attention the case is getting.
The more Barry shows how stupid he is the better it is for them ,more dollars for advising him how to minimise his latest c*ck up.

People will also sympathise with them about how difficult it is to defend him .
Totally agree. BM’s Counsel are not going to drop him or get shook about this. They will probably use it to try and get change of venue or a gag order on pre-trial publicity.
JMO there won’t be change of venue.

Whose Package?
Speaking gen'ly here.What if AirBnB guest had placed merch order for delivery (by USPS, UPS, FedX, who-ev) to PP? People staying at hotels, B&Bs, etc. place orders for deliveries to themselves at temp addresses all the time.
Ppl send non-merch. packages to temp addresses too. Coulda been time-sensitive business transaction doc's, time-critical heart meds, closing doc's for a home sale, a passport, or a wedding gown. Maybe for PP owner or PP guest.
IOW, for intended package recipient, it may not be as easy as telling Amazon to ship a duplicate widget again.

Or maybe addressed to BM or SD, IDK.
I don't assume what actual package contained in this particular circumstance, or who ordered/sent what to whom.

In BARRY’S Arrest affidavit page 123/129. She told LE in December 2020 that she met him because she cleaned his neighbors house.
"On December 17, 2020, Sergeant Hysjulien and Agent Cahill interviewed Darke at the CCSO office. She said she has known Barry since October 2020 because she cleaned his neighbor's house and met him at the dumpster by chance."
RSBM
So on page 21 of he AA..
"Barry initially identified the Cushman's "cleaning lady's daughter and boyfriend" as possible suspicious persons."
So how did Barry know she had a daughter if he didn't know her? I have been reading this as "Daughter and her boyfriend" all along, thinking the daughter's boyfriend...but Barry means SD's boyfriend. Both SD and her fiancé claimed to have made reports that day. Maybe they (SD and BM) were setting up the boyfriend to take the fall and he caught on.

Totally agree. BM’s Counsel are not going to drop him or get shook about this. They will probably use it to try and get change of venue or a gag order on pre-trial publicity.
JMO there won’t be change of venue.
Has there ever been a successful appeal in Colorado based on a refusal for change of venue?

Whose Package?
Speaking gen'ly here.What if AirBnB guest had placed merch order for delivery (by USPS, UPS, FedX, who-ev) to PP? People staying at hotels, B&Bs, etc. place orders for deliveries to themselves at temp addresses all the time.
Ppl send non-merch. packages to temp addresses too. Coulda been time-sensitive business transaction doc's, time-critical heart meds, closing doc's for a home sale, a passport, or a wedding gown. Maybe for PP owner or PP guest.
IOW, for intended package recipient, it may not be as easy as telling Amazon to ship a duplicate widget again.

I don't assume what actual package contained in this particular circumstance, or who ordered/sent what to whom.

From the AA for SD previously linked, there really does not appear to be any evidence that the new owners rent to Airbnb guests or that they were expecting any parcels or deliveries. (The property is their personal, vacation home).

It does appear that they cooperate with LE and why they first reached out to CCSO to confirm whether or not the individual seen on their camera was affiliated with CCSO. Since they appear to be private owners, I think we should respect their privacy as such.

upload_2021-9-30_17-56-18.png

Whose Package?

How would SD know that a package was delivered to an address that she never lived at? She went there for a purpose she got what she needed

RSBM
So on page 21 of he AA..
"Barry initially identified the Cushman's "cleaning lady's daughter and boyfriend" as possible suspicious persons."
So how did Barry know she had a daughter if he didn't know her? I have been reading this as "Daughter and her boyfriend" all along, thinking the daughter's boyfriend...but Barry means SD's boyfriend. Both SD and her fiancé claimed to have made reports that day. Maybe they (SD and BM) were setting up the boyfriend to take the fall and he caught on.
Do you have a link to this in the AA please. Interested in confirming your thoughts on a fiancé of SD being correct because I don’t recall his interview but may have missed it. Thanks!

Regarding Carloss: EBEL, Circuit Judge
"....Defendant–Appellant Ralph Carloss contends that two police officers violated the Fourth Amendment by knocking on his front door, seeking to speak with him. Ordinarily a police officer, like any citizen, has an implied license to approach a home, knock on the front door, and ask to speak with the occupants.
Shoshona had an implied license to approach the Puma Path home. And it's not stealing if she took a package that belonged to her. Approaching a home is not illegal regardless of the no trespassing signs.
@Topppps As others posted, this ^ is a Fourth Amendment opinion,* relating to permissible and impermissible LE actions. Not to whether non-LE persons approaching a home on private prop. can/ cannot be found guilty of trespassing. IOW, this opinion does not relate to ShoD.'s entry onto PP prop.
Per AA the charge against her is trespassing, not stealing, so not at issue as a LE matter.
Nevertheless interesting fodder :):)for WS discussion. my2ct.

* United States v. Carloss, 818 F.3d 988 | Casetext Search + Citator

Last edited:
How would SD know that a package was delivered to an address that she never lived at? She went there for a purpose she got what she needed
@Whitneyh Respectfully, did AA state name of addressee on package or other FedEx related doc? Per AA, FedEx delivered package to PP; ShoD entered PP prop & left w that package.
I may have overlooked this ^ in my quick read of AA for trespass, but do we know as a fact who the package was addressed to?

Last edited:
@Whitneyh Respectfully, did AA state name of addressee on package or other FedEx related doc? Per AA, FedX delivered package to PP; ShoD entered PP prop & left w that package.
I may have overlooked this ^ in my quick read of AA for trespass, but do we know as a fact who the package was addressed to?

I think any reasonable person would agree that if she was there to grab a package likely she knew it was arriving just my opinion that it was likely addressed to BM as she has never lived there. The probability of SD being at BM old house for any other reason is slim to negative one and pigs fly, just my opinion..I could be wrong but we’ll see

From the AA for SD previously linked, there really does not appear to be any evidence that the new owners rent to Airbnb guests or that they were expecting any parcels or deliveries. (The property is their personal, vacation home).

It does appear that they cooperate with LE and why they first reached out to CCSO to confirm whether or not the individual seen on their camera was affiliated with CCSO. Since they appear to be private owners, I think we should respect their privacy as such.

View attachment 315631

This is entirely from memory since I don't have a handy link to the AA for the arrest of SD.

I seem to recall it saying the last doorbell notice the owner received was from a renter/guest there on the 20th of September.

It stood out to me because it was the same day Barry made bail.

Again, from memory, as I don't have the link handy. So, jmo & all that.

View attachment 315631
@Seattle1
Agreeing w you - we should respect the new owner's privacy. If anyone interprets my ^ post as invading or intruding on their privacy, I do not see how or why. From my post: "I don't assume what actual package contained in this particular circumstance, or who ordered/sent what to whom."

Seems imo a few posts said, more or less that SD took package, so what. My post was directed toward those who, imo, dismissed possibility that the named addressee was new PP owner (or paying or non-paying guest) and package may have contained something of importance to them. Just my interp of a few posts, could be misunderstanding. my2ct

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta love good old BM. He gets SD to pick up package at home he doesn't own, gets neighbor to call 911 to report SM missing, gets friends to threaten his employee about giving her phone to LE. This guy has management potential! Hopefully , after his @$$ lands in prison for 40 or 50 years, he'll find a managerial position at a big corporation! He'll have plenty of time to tweak his resume!!! Moo

This is entirely from memory since I don't have a handy link to the AA for the arrest of SD.

I seem to recall it saying the last doorbell notice the owner received was from a renter/guest there on the 20th of September.

It stood out to me because it was the same day Barry made bail.

Again, from memory, as I don't have the link handy. So, jmo & all that.
AA makes no reference whatsoever to rental property or Airbnb guests. The owner's friend was at the family property on Sept 20. No one lives at PP fulltime.
upload_2021-9-30_17-56-18-png.315631

Last edited:
Do you have a link to this in the AA please. Interested in confirming your thoughts on a fiancé of SD being correct because I don’t recall his interview but may have missed it. Thanks!
Unfortunately SD's fiancé was on a radio show 97. 5 and a video was made of the show.
Hippie Radio 97.5, Salida, CO who were desperately searching for leads for Suzanne. Of course a radio show is no longer available but it certainly would have been an approved source. The video was made of the stations story and their personnel during that segment it's not an approved source I'm afraid, but it's out there to draw your own conclusions.

Unfortunately SD's fiancé was on a radio show 97. 5 and a video was made of the show.
Hippie Radio 97.5, Salida, CO who were desperately searching for leads for Suzanne. Of course a radio show is no longer available but it certainly would have been an approved source. The video was made of the stations story and their personnel during that segment it's not an approved source I'm afraid, but it's out there to draw your own conclusions.
Is it allowed by TOS to give a hint of how I can find said video? Like, name of boyfriend, etc? I don't want to be in trouble but my inquiring mind wants to see it. :D Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288