Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barging in the middle here to bring something back up. Just scroll if bored with it.

My opinion for Brian flying home to do whatever on the 17th of August is so that his parents “could lay eyes on him”. I most definitely think the parents knew their son well enough that they saw tell-tale signs of meltdown. By the time he got home, all is calm until the rage starts again. Did he abuse before? Again IMO
I'd really like to know what his sister could say about him and the family dynamics. I hope that she is cooperating with FBI.......jmo

Noting:

Tennessee bounty hunters are joining in the search for Brian Laundrie. They searched near the Appalachian Trail in Cocke County in East Tennessee after campers though they saw Laundrie.

“They had seen a white Camry that fits the description of his grandfather’s vehicle,” said Xander McDouall, co-owner of Predator Hunter Nation.

[...]

“This guy is supposed to be somewhat of a survivalist, so I would imagine being in the Appalachian Mountains he could find food in the forest,” said McDouall. “The thing about hat area is you can get to hot springs from there on back roads. You can get to other areas of North Carolina there.”

[...]

Geezoo, this is unbelievable! What in the world would make a parent think this is the route to take when their child is in deep trouble! Even if he does escape to another country, they’ll never see him again, and what kind of life will he have being alone and constantly on the run!
Most parents love their kids and will do anything to help them to achieve a happy and productive life, but this is definitely not the way to go. IMO
Completely idiotic. He's got a lawyer and hasn't been charged with murder. How many "slam dunk" cases have we seen end in acquittal? Their lawyer is incompetent allowing this kind of behavior in their clients. MOO

Good morning people. Are you ready for today? Coffee going? Wake up. It’s Friday. All day long.. High fives to ourselves for getting through this rollercoaster week. I survived on caffeine, curiosity, willpower, denial of chores, and a little inappropriate humor.

Definitely how i get through MOST weeks...this week I just got a lot less work done (I've been a member for about a week, there is definitely correlation here )!

Thanks so much for the links. Always good to have a reminder as to why we are here. Praying today is the day!!!

Good morning people. Are you ready for today? Coffee going? Wake up. It’s Friday. All day long.. High fives to ourselves for getting through this rollercoaster week. I survived on caffeine, curiosity, willpower, denial of chores, and a little inappropriate humor. You? May today be the Fridayest Friday that ever Fridayed. And for the eleventy billionth time: Where is Brian Laundrie?

I think I posted one of these links yesterday so apologies for repost. Good stuff in there…the others chosen for relatability. This first one I find interesting to support why we are all here at Websleuths trying to help, learn and grow.

NCIC Missing Person and Unidentified Person Statistics - 2020
See page 8 for summary.
https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/2020-ncic-missing-person-and-unidentified-person-statistics.pdf

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/handbook-of-forensic-services-pdf.pdf

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository...on-a-review-of-the-science-september-2016.pdf
https://www.fbi.gov/audio-repositor...erwater-search-and-evidence-response-team.mp3

https://www.fbi.gov/audio-repositor...-fbis-electronics-detection-canine-081816.mp3

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/policy-and-operating-manual.pdf

Laboratory Services | Federal Bureau of Investigation
Download Quick Reference Guide for Laboratory Examinations_Re-Updated 4_2016.pdf

Download pia-data-analysis-support-laboratory.pdf

Download DCU Case Acceptance Guidance Final.pdf

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository...on-a-review-of-the-science-september-2016.pdf

EXCELLENT information, thank you! I'm headed to work and will check in on break. Please find BL by then. ;) Happy Friday. xo

Her being arrested may have saved her life though. I don’t know any of her parents but if my daughter (gabby specifically) called me from jail saying momma I was arrested for domestic violence, I’d think there was a HUGE problem and I’d be on the next plane to wherever she was and bring her home and away from Brian.
IMO, it's most likely she would have been released/bailed out without having to contact her mom. MOO.

Geezoo, this is unbelievable! What in the world would make a parent think this is the route to take when their child is in deep trouble! Even if he does escape to another country, they’ll never see him again, and what kind of life will he have being alone and constantly on the run!
Most parents love their kids and will do anything to help them to achieve a happy and productive life, but this is definitely not the way to go. IMO

So what countries are an option?

Extradition law in the United States - Wikipedia :

The United States lacks extradition treaties with China, the Russian Federation, Namibia, the United Arab Emirates, North Korea, Bahrain, and other countries.[34]

Good morning all! Hope today brings new clues, new information and new insights into Gabbys case!

It took me awhile to get caught up this week, but in light of the new body cam footage and ex marshals insights I really think BL will be found very soon!

So hold up your coffee cups and toast to another day of some good ol sleuthing!

I wondered this after watching the new body cam footage. The officer asks BL if he would be “ok” with Gabby taking the van for the night. IMO it wasn’t up to BL because it was HER van. Just thought that was odd in the stop.

I'd have thought they would have run the plate early on too. However, BL was driving and something was said about him doing the driving on the trip. Also GP seemed reluctant to drive the van. (The point where an officer tells her she doesn't have to drive it very far.) So if they didn't already know it was hers, I can see why they assumed it was his. Most of us don't buy a vehicle and then have someone else do the driving unless we employ a chauffeur. (I can also understand GP might have thought she could drive it during the test drive especially if van living was so important to her. But the reality of driving a top-heavy van may have been quite different from her brief test drive.)

JMO

Brian Laundrie shared a number connected to the game Hotline Miami
34e2cefb-ba91-49e3-b800-872629d2b9e8.jpg

Laundrie shared a progression of chilling craftsmanships online only months prior to leaving on a crosscountry excursion with GabbyCredit: bizarre_design_/Instagram

Calls to the number uncover a weird replying mail message in which a ghostly voice discusses “marching into the future”.

Laundrie shared the mysterious telephone number close by a handdrawn image of characters from the game holding a blade and weapon shrouded in blood.

The game is depicted on gaming site Steam as “high-octane” and “overflowing with raw brutality, hard-boiled gunplay and skull crushing close combat.”

Laundrie shared a progression of chilling fine arts online only months prior to setting out on a crosscountry excursion with Gabby.
More:
Brian Laundrie's Instagram post reveals creepy voicemail

Hey, all. Given that it's now three weeks since BL disappeared and ...

(a) there have been no confirmed sightings of him since then and
(b) LE, who have better information than anyone have shown almost no interest in searching anywhere but the reserve
(c) Brian 'Flip Flops' Laundrie shows no signs of being a master criminal or expert survivalist
(d) His parents are human beings and probably aren't evil enough to simply cover up a murder

... I've somewhat changed my view of this case. The simplest explanation now seems to me to be:

1. BL killed GP on the 27th or morning of the 28th August
  2. He fled the scene and hitch-hiked around, trying to set up and alibi and figure out what the hell to do.
  3. He returned to the scene of the crime on 29th and for whatever reason chose to take the van, the debit cards, and drive back to Florida. He probably notified his family he was heading home at this point, and may have told them he'd broken up with Gabby and she was heading to Yellowstone on her own to meet up with a friend.
  4. He told his parents the same *advertiser censored* and bull story he planned to tell LE, and they bought it
  5. He told his parents he needed a clean break with GP because the relationship had become toxic ('crazy ex-girlfriend') and they needed to ignore calls from her family etc
  6. He told his parents he'd lost his phone and so they helped him get another one
  7. They took him camping to 'cheer him up'.
  8. Around the 10th September the parents finally became aware that Gabby was missing when the cops turned up asking where she was
  9. The parents interrogated BL about what had actually happened and he either did or didn't confess to them. There was probably an enormous argument either way.
  10. The parents called a lawyer who was a family friend, who said (correctly) you have enormous potential legal exposure. Even if BL is innocent you should not talk to the cops.
  11. Parents continued interrogating BL about what had happened and he couldn't take it any more, so took the Mustang and fled.
  12. The parents haven't begged for his return because they want to dissociate themselves from him, but they won't talk to the cops because they are worried about their own legal exposure
  13. BL either took his life or died of some other cause in the swamp.

One other minor point about the Mustang, which apparently picked up a ticket on the day BL went to the reserve: I'm not sure where he parked it but the Myakka Park has an entrance fee and if he didn't buy a pass for the car it could well have been ticketed that day.

It is still freakin' hot and is going to stay hot for a while. Really not fun weather to be stuck in a swamp somewhere for weeks with no way to take a shower, in my opinion.

I agree, those conditions are not fun.

At the same time, some people can tolerate them better than others. The fugitive's previous lifestyle may have prepared him for physical discomfort, minimal hygiene, and incomplete meals.

I imagine that L, like homeless in my area, will bathe in creeks. L will also have access to shelters when his food supplies run low or he wants a relatively more comfortable night.

Some shelters have strict rules and accountability. For example, Salvation Army (known by local homeless here as "Satan's Army" due to their rules) often requires participation in their job placement and substance abuse programs.

Other shelter, however, maybe more lax, and permit "popping in" for a few days, then drifting off. "L" can probably get a feel from the homeless grapevine as to which shelters are less risky in regards to possible recognition.

Noting:

Tennessee bounty hunters are joining in the search for Brian Laundrie. They searched near the Appalachian Trail in Cocke County in East Tennessee after campers though they saw Laundrie.

“They had seen a white Camry that fits the description of his grandfather’s vehicle,” said Xander McDouall, co-owner of Predator Hunter Nation.

[...]

“This guy is supposed to be somewhat of a survivalist, so I would imagine being in the Appalachian Mountains he could find food in the forest,” said McDouall. “The thing about hat area is you can get to hot springs from there on back roads. You can get to other areas of North Carolina there.”

[...]
I believe this is the first time I've heard anything about a vehicle that belonged to his grandfather. I wonder what makes them say that. Is Laundrie's grandather's car missing?

It sounds almost like something that the FBI didn't want to release to the general public, but did release to LE angencies, and that this set of bounty hunters found out through local LE. MOO.

Regarding the police reports for Sept 10 and Sept 11 at the Laundrie house...

I can't help but think the calls and texts from Gabby's parents triggered an argument or fight at the Laundrie house--one bad enough to result in a call to 911.

That makes me think that Brian was lying to his parents up to that point and that he finally told them something that upset them badly. We know Brian physically abused (and probably mentally abused) Gabby, but we don't know if it was learned behavior. Could his father have been so upset that he used his fists on Brian, causing RL to call 911?

JMOO

The more I think about it, once Brian's parents figured out something was going on -- sure, they lawyered-up --but they also came down hard on Brian.

I really don't think they helped Brian abscond, I think they hired an attorney for him but that they (at least his father) were very angry. Maybe the conversations took the form of telling him he'd ruined all their lives, that he'd be lucky if he ever got out of prison, things like that. I think everything changed in the Laundrie home on Sept 10, and it only took a few more days for Brian to realize he either had to run away or end his life. Or, both.

All MOO

Exactly this. Just posted almost the same thing.

Brian Laundrie shared a number connected to the game Hotline Miami
34e2cefb-ba91-49e3-b800-872629d2b9e8.jpg

Laundrie shared a progression of chilling craftsmanships online only months prior to leaving on a crosscountry excursion with GabbyCredit: bizarre_design_/Instagram

Calls to the number uncover a weird replying mail message in which a ghostly voice discusses “marching into the future”.

Laundrie shared the mysterious telephone number close by a handdrawn image of characters from the game holding a blade and weapon shrouded in blood.

The game is depicted on gaming site Steam as “high-octane” and “overflowing with raw brutality, hard-boiled gunplay and skull crushing close combat.”

Laundrie shared a progression of chilling fine arts online only months prior to setting out on a crosscountry excursion with Gabby.
More:
Brian Laundrie's Instagram post reveals creepy voicemail
Not exactly the kind of art you'd expect from a nature lover-environmentalist.

ALot of Ex LE people simply saying what COULD happen. No one knows what has happened. At this time, he could be anywhere, dead or alive. His parents may have no idea where he is. It makes it less likely he’s found if they did not know. I think they are telling the truth in saying that he told them he was going to Carlton, that he did drive there and leave the car, but he could be anywhere. All cameras around that Perserve Should be checked for footage. LE should ask help from Everyone who has a camera to look for someone like BL walking by. Or some friend could have simply picked him up and got him away from area.

I agree. I'm just saying it's a mute point. I have not seen any evidence to suggest that for all intents and purposes, it was not shared property. Listen, I want to hate BL as much as anyone, considering the outcome. I'm just saying that emotions often guide our responses to things that would otherwise be viewed much differently. I am completely in support of law enforcement and understand how hard their job is. I just hate to see them being bashed when I think had we all saw the videos and heard the witness having not known what we all know now, our view may be different. Also, I think, if we get hung up on the stop, we stop considering other possibilities of what may have transpired later.

In all honesty I think the officers were trying their best to help Gabby, albeit in a very rudimentary way. That doesn’t change the fact that the lack of situational awareness by law enforcement here was shocking and frankly very concerning. Speaking strictly in terms of upholding the law, they did their jobs. Again, I do think they truly believed they were helping Gabby- it is still horrifying to watch those bodycam videos and see this weeping 110lb girl so clearly wracked with distress and fear and have the most anyone do for her is tell her, guess what, it’s your lucky day, we won’t charge you with assault.

I don’t think the cops are to blame for Gabby’s murder and personally would not suggest so. But people are absolutely still allowed to be frustrated and angry over how they treated her. The Moab stop is always going to be relevant and it’s futile to try and get people to stop discussing it, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member