Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I wonder who bought the van? Didn't they both work at Publix and maybe she worked at Taco Bell and as a Pharmacy Tech? I'm guessing her parents did? How much do those type of vehicles cost?

Geezoo, this is unbelievable! What in the world would make a parent think this is the route to take when their child is in deep trouble! Even if he does escape to another country, they’ll never see him again, and what kind of life will he have being alone and constantly on the run!
Most parents love their kids and will do anything to help them to achieve a happy and productive life, but this is definitely not the way to go. IMO

ALot of Ex LE people simply saying what COULD happen. No one knows what has happened. At this time, he could be anywhere, dead or alive. His parents may have no idea where he is. It makes it less likely he’s found if they did not know. I think they are telling the truth in saying that he told them he was going to Carlton, that he did drive there and leave the car, but he could be anywhere. All cameras around that Perserve Should be checked for footage. LE should ask help from Everyone who has a camera to look for someone
Depends on where on the trail he is. I can tell you in the Northeast last night (where I am anyway), it was in the 40s. In the Southern parts of the trail, it was in the 60s.

Where I live, BL could not have picked a better time to be out there. Beautiful weather.

Where did the van life trip start? Did they leave from Florida or from New York? Curious whose parents gave them a going away party and witnessed the state of the relationship before setting off together on this incredibly stressful experience together.

When I look at the video of Gabby in the back of that cop SUV. It's so sad. She seems so fragile. All this social media and everyone trying to become Instafamous. It's just not healthy. Combined with COVID, it's why so many of our youth now have anxiety and still living with their parents, etc.

In July, Ms Petito set off on a road trip from her hometown in Long Island, New York, with Mr Laundrie.
The journey was originally intended to last four months
Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie: What do we know about the boyfriend?

According to a Petito family attorney, the pair had gotten engaged, but postponed their wedding plans because of the coronavirus pandemic and decided to take the trip instead.
Gabby Petito timeline: Everything we know about her disappearance

If you had just returned home from an extended trip living out of a van, would you really want to turn around and go camping? Since the Laundries cancelled their initial reservation, and then made a new one, it seems to me there is little question that the purpose of this trip was 100% to help BL to get away.
I think is for them all to get out of Dodge, maybe to discuss next moves, but that's just a guess. Reportedly, they kept to themselves and left early on the 8th. What a lovely camping experience! jmo

In July, Ms Petito set off on a road trip from her hometown in Long Island, New York, with Mr Laundrie.
The journey was originally intended to last four months
Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie: What do we know about the boyfriend?

According to a Petito family attorney, the pair had gotten engaged, but postponed their wedding plans because of the coronavirus pandemic and decided to take the trip instead.
Gabby Petito timeline: Everything we know about her disappearance

So her parents probably bought her the van, and supported this cross country trip with Brian. I would assume they approved of him and didn't think she was in an abusive relationship.

Do DV perps typically volunteer to go to jail in place of the victim?
In a toxic, volatile relationship, maybe? A true narcissist doesnt think they will be held accountable for anything anyway. Someone like that isnt admitting guilt by saying they would go to jail its more saying "thats how confident I am in knowing I can fool you"
MOO

Been on my mind since day one of the lawyer's appearance. Just who is he representing? Haven't heard anyone ask him - Are you representing the Laundries, Brian or both?
I thought Brian had a different attorney. Wasn't there a document posted in the last thread with the name of the lawyer?

ETA I just went back and checked the document and it actually lists the name of the prosecutor. Surely he must have a separate attorney by now? It's never really been clear if he is representing Brian or the parents.

Last edited:
What would someone say in this type of situation if they were NOT a victim of DV? Are all people who don't push the blame on someone else to be considered DV victims? Not sure I'm understanding the logic on that. Is the normal reaction expected to be one of denial of any involvement, even if they were involved?
In this situation, her willingness to accept ALL blame points to an unhealthy perception, as is his willingness to put it all on her

Could be virtue signaling?

edited to add: IOW “ see what a good guy I am? I am not an abuser“
I think so, yes.

When the cop says no, because they don’t have any charge on him, notice he doesn’t say, Well, I was definitely slapping her before, can you charge me with that? Or for speeding to evade police stop?

What would someone say in this type of situation if they were NOT a victim of DV? Are all people who don't push the blame on someone else to be considered DV victims? Not sure I'm understanding the logic on that. Is the normal reaction expected to be one of denial of any involvement, even if they were involved?
I cant decipher if your question is rhetorical or not. Im not speaking about anyone else but GP and BL here and I can clearly see through all the videos that she is a victim. DV isnt just physical, its emotional; its verbal; its sexual. None of us really know the ins and outs of their relationship but the girl I was looking in the video was that of a girl beaten down. MOO

Right. She began blaming herself before she even got out of the van. Even his speeding was all her fault. At least one of the officers must have picked up on that when he asked Brian, Did she put her foot on the gas pedal, too? Imo
I missed that. I've only been able to watch pieces at a time. Which one said that?

Been on my mind since day one of the lawyer's appearance. Just who is he representing? Haven't heard anyone ask him - Are you representing the Laundries, Brian or both?
And on that same topic, for the federal case, doesn't an attorney have to make a "notice of appearance" for the defense, just as the notice was made yesterday for the assistant US Attorney? @Alethea ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member