Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, neighbor reported X missing, Montezuma, 27 May 2021 #2

With exactly zero suspects (and not even a shred of evidence to suggest he might be dead until yesterday) it’s going to now take some incredible look to get an arrest soon.
They likely have suspect(s) without alerting the public, and his body is the evidence that he’s been deceased some time.
They definitely need to fill in the gaps to make an arrest but they are much closer now that they have a body and likely additional forensic evidence.

They likely have suspect(s) without alerting the public, and his body is the evidence that he’s been deceased some time.
They definitely need to fill in the gaps to make an arrest but they are much closer now that they have a body and likely additional forensic evidence.
It's hard to tell what evidence they will be able to get from the body after this long. Hopefully the forensic anthropologist will be able to find things.

Iowa girl from the CR area here and that makes sense to me too. Planting would be done by May and the body was most likely concealed in the tall grass that borders the field. It could be that the farmer was harvesting in his combine near the edge of the field and saw the body in the grass since they sit up pretty high in those combines. I could be wrong, but it’s my guess based on the facts we have now.
I’m in southwestern Ontario and we farm out 7 acres for soy beans/corn to the farmer across the street, our tree line and grasses aren’t that long end of May. Also not to be insensitive but vultures would not take long to be in the area. We can’t go back and change the outcome however we can ensure justice for this sweet boy.

I have a kid who turned 11 in May. I hug and kiss and snuggle that kid so much. Constantly checking up. Wanting to know what’s up. Asking tons of questions. Irritating the kid. Then I’m making jokes and hugging, smooching and giving a hard time because I’ll never, ever stop being irritating because I love my dang kid! More important than money, drugs, lovers or anything else on the planet is my kid. Without my kid, nothing else matters.

I’m so sorry, Xavior.

Also a Iowa girl near CR..dont farm but surrounded by corn/soy beans field. They just harvested the beans and the fields are..well, I cant even go on right now.
I had posted last week that the fall harvest was well underway and the hunters were stirring. I know that means whatever the fields are hiding will likely soon revealed. It still came as a shock to me and totally took the wind from my sails. I had planned to go fishing in Montezuma this weekend, but not sure now if I even feel like going there anymore at all.

I had posted last week that the fall harvest was well underway and the hunters were stirring. I know that means whatever the fields are hiding will likely soon revealed. It still came as a shock to me and totally took the wind from my sails. I had planned to go fishing in Montezuma this weekend, but not sure now if I even feel like going there anymore at all.
My heart hurts for you, your children, and your community @SharonNeedles.
So many of us that had to leave rural life were envious... however, just like Mollie, this is just another reminder that evil and misfortune do not discriminate. :(

Lifelong Iowan here. This is beyond sad. I have a son almost the same age, I can't imagine. I'm glad there will be some closure, but I also think this was done by a terrible person. I feel for that farmer who found him as well. That would be mess me up to happen upon remains of a child like that. RIP Xavior

Many were alarmed at the custodial parent not speaking publicly, but there are still many family members-- including mom, and friends that are grieving this moment. Sending them warmth, comfort, and support for more difficult days ahead. :(

ETA - add news

This case has weighed heavy on the officers as well, a majority of which have children themselves, Mortvedt said. But not as heavy as it's been for Xavior's family, he added.

The wait for her son's safe return has been excruciating, Xavior's mother, Sarah Harrelson, previously told the Register.

"The word 'why' will drive you crazy. Why him?" Sarah Harrelson, 41, said.

Xavior's father, Travis Harrelson, is holding on to the fact that the child's human remains have not been identified yet, Bolen said, referring to a conversation she had with him Thursday night.

"He's not ready to give up on that," Bolen said.

Body found in Montezuma: Investigation continues after remains found

Last edited:
Body of adolescent found near Montezuma could be Xavior Harrelson

Oct 1, 2021

The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation said they discovered clothing that was similar to what 11-year-old Xavior Harrelson was wearing when he went missing. If confirmed, it marks the end to a monthslong mystery gripping the entire state.

DCI officials on Friday said it could be weeks before the remains are positively identified.

Harrelson went missing on May 27. Authorities said he was last seen riding his bike in Montezuma, where he lived with his mother.

Harrelson went missing only days before his 11th birthday. A neighbor reported him missing.

Iowa DCI agents haven't confirmed the body is Harrelson, but they say the evidence points in that direction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back