Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think her parents bought it. Her mother said "the kids" bought it.

"Nichole Schmidt: They bought the van, they converted it.

The goal was to spend four or five months crisscrossing the country, having adventures — even working on organic farms — and chronicling it all in real time on social media."

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/gabby-petito-disappearance-case-brian-laundrie-48-hours/#aoh=16330980463434&csi=1&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s

It would not surprise me if they both put money in. But it appears it was titled in GP's name.
I’ve read—I think it was in JP’s interview on Dr. Phil, but I could be mistaken—that Gabby traded in her Nissan (the one they used on the earlier CA trip) to help pay for the van. Perhaps that’s why it was titled in her name. MOO

I wondered this after watching the new body cam footage. The officer asks BL if he would be “ok” with Gabby taking the van for the night. IMO it wasn’t up to BL because it was HER van. Just thought that was odd in the stop.

At that point in the video, GP was about to get arrested and they were discussing how to separate BL and GP without booking her into jail. Since BL indicated they couldn't afford a hotel the discussion had moved to BL camping out and GP staying in the van. They were asking BL if he was ok leaving the domicile and letting GP stay there instead. It wasn't about ownership of the van. The van was their domicile. If they lived in a house owned by a male aggressor LE wouldn't make the female leave the home because it was owned by the aggressor. I am certain LE knew who owned the van at that point. Its almost the first thing they do in a stop is run the plates.

Last edited:
First video?
Yes, it was the first one hour video that was posted on thread 3 or 4. I haven't had a chance to look at the new video other than the first couple of minutes. It was in the beginning, when the officer first questions Brian. It was when he questioned him about speeding and swerving onto the curb, and right after Brian said the swerving was her grabbing the wheel.

But still they would attempt - they would say what they last saw him in. He lived at home. Mom could see what clothes are missing and if he packed a bag. My point is they made no effort to describe anything and that is very telling

We actually do not know if the parents revealed any details like that, or if the police have decided not to reveal the details.

Police said on Twitter that it was the first time the Laundrie family had spoken with them in detail about the case.
Gabby Petito timeline: Everything we know about her disappearance

What we are doing is speculating about things we do not know. imo

Perhaps the FBI don't want a potential lynch mob going after BL, or anyone messing up the investigation for them ... I haven't seen them ask for any help to find him.

NOTE. October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Please support local domestic violence shelters. Donating clothing, furniture, food and money can help victims get a much needed fresh start. #GabbyPetito #JusticeForGabby

https://twitter.com/WFLAJosh/status/1443928782012878849
Thanks for this. One time a group I was involved with did a drive for our local shelter and they mentioned that they had a huge need for underwear and socks because most people don’t think to donate those items (and obviously underwear would need to be new). Just in case anyone is interested.

We could do it in Gabby’s memory.

First of all, acc to attorneys I know, the Laundrie’s attorney is spot on and has done an excellent job legally. He’s warded off LE very effectively. PR-wise, not so good but I don’t think anyone expected this unprecedented social media blitz.
If and When the case goes to court and trial, the Laundries, most certainly BL if they find him, will need another attorney. This is not a wealthy family, and so they had better be saving the big bucks till then. Even if BL is not found or found dead, a civil suit from GP’s family is most certainly going to happen. This is just the beginning of the saga
Hm, he has been contradictory at the least, and increased unnecessary exposure to his clients with cold (the family response to the murder of their future daughter in law that lived with them for two years was "may Gabby rest in peace") and odd statements ("tell that dog"). Although a perfectly legal tactic is to remain silent, it's not always the best. And I don't see how he's warded off LE - either they are not forthcoming with the investigating officers, which will just pile up charges down the road, or they are co-operative and therefore not being warded off. LE is certainly not stopped from getting items or evidence from his clients home.

IMO, it's most likely she would have been released/bailed out without having to contact her mom. MOO.
Yeah but if I remember correctly she was talking to her mom during the police stuff. I could be wrong, but I remember reading that. So if she would have gotten arrested, I would’ve been in a plane so fast

It just occurred to me that had the family hired an attorney for BL whose specialty is criminal law, it could be perceived as the family knowing he is guilty of homicide. Instead, they went with an attorney who does not specialize in criminal law and they will most likely switch attorneys if BL is caught and charged. Not a moment before. IMO.

But still they would attempt - they would say what they last saw him in. He lived at home. Mom could see what clothes are missing and if he packed a bag. My point is they made no effort to describe anything and that is very telling
My theory is that maybe they know somehow that he’s deceased because the description is so vague it really could be anyone so they don’t need the publics help, they even left out the colour of the backpack. I’m not a hundred percent on the route to the preserve but wouldn’t he have to go through some form of cctv so they could at least see the top part of him.Obviously JMO it just seems odd to me.

I’ve read—I think it was in JP’s interview on Dr. Phil, but I could be mistaken—that Gabby traded in her Nissan (the one they used on the earlier CA trip) to help pay for the van. Perhaps that’s why it was titled in her name. MOO

I don’t read the “they bought the van” as in they both contributed it, I read that as it was something they did on their own. Their own idea, one or both of their money paid for it. I don’t think it necessarily means both contributed financially. I think it was titled in her name because she paid for it with her own money. Like you said, she traded in a car. Van life seemed to be her idea, and doesn’t seem like he liked it at all. I’m sure she paid for it.

Yeah but if I remember correctly she was talking to her mom during the police stuff. I could be wrong, but I remember reading that. So if she would have gotten arrested, I would’ve been in a plane so fast

The fact that they were in a stop and GP was hysterical was already an enormous red flag. Her parents have to have been concerned after that.

Hm, he has been contradictory at the least, and increased unnecessary exposure to his clients with cold (the family response to the murder of their future daughter in law that lived with them for two years was "may Gabby rest in peace") and odd statements ("tell that dog"). Although a perfectly legal tactic is to remain silent, it's not always the best. And I don't see how he's warded off LE - either they are not forthcoming with the investigating officers, which will just pile up charges down the road, or they are co-operative and therefore not being warded off. LE is certainly not stopped from getting items or evidence from his clients home.

Not being forthcoming with LE doesn't pile up charges down the road. Committing crimes does. Admitting to crimes or lying to LE would also get the charges piled up. That is why staying silent is the best option in certain circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27