Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why so many seem to be hung up on the DV issue. GP in her own words told LE, that BL usually walks away and they take a break from each other. Again, I'm not taking sides, I just do not see anything that screams that there was ongoing DV in this situation. One of the witness statements was that she was the aggressor, her statement was that she was the aggressor, BL's statement was that she was the aggressor. who's to say that this was an ongoing issue. It sounds to me like they would generally take a break when frustrated with each other. To my point, I think reading entirely too much into the situation my be taking focus off of other factors in the following weeks. Could have been a lot of things. I personally have no idea, but I'm not sure anyone including her thought she was in a bad situation.

I agree

That’s a good point, don’t quote me on it but I’m sure I read somewhere earlier that the family actually spoke to the FBI in detail when he went missing and they’ve also turned over DNA samples, I just feel like they’re not speaking to the public about anything maybe because of how badly they are perceived in the media. Honestly up until this morning I thought he was alive but it’s been so long without capture it’s changed my mind, as much as I’d love him to face the music and give gabbys family any answers they might want.

The longer this goes on that's a distinct possibility, all those 911 calls show there was a lot of uncertainty in that household.

I suspect that Gabby was wasn't fully cluing her parents in on just how much she was letting Brian off from responsibility. Her getting the van (at his request, as IIRC he said her previous vehicle was too small), her possibly paying for the only real phone, her possibly having the only credit cards, Gabby working all day on her business, while he, IMO wouldn't let her finish uploading, because he was bored and wanted to to go play. His assuming full control of her vehicle, her time, etc. I think she was carrying the show, trying to make it work, and it's not uncommon for kids in that age range, especially women, to hide that the guy is not pulling his weight.

I agree with this. And I'll also add that a codependent partner in a relationship (which my observation of what we've seen of their dynamic, not just as the stop, tells me she was, or was on her way to becoming) will OFTEN be carrying both the emotional and financial load for the pair. Which is, of course, embarrassing (that your partner can't get his act together, and that you're covering for him), so I would absolutely find that consistent with not sharing ugly details with parents.

Add to the mix that a codependent person is going to be desperate to keep that relationship and so will often not only protect the other (financially, emotionally, legally) but also really really really don't want to hear from anyone who is going to criticize or judge them, the relationship, or the partner. So they isolate and insulate against that possibility. Being miserable in the relationship can feel better and less scary than losing it. It's an incredibly debilitated and powerless place to be, mentally. IME & research/application volunteering and advising.

Was that in the new video MsBetsy? I completely missed it if it was. I think I remember the other officer talking with her about that. My last few posts have been about the fellow whose copcam was just released. But I was so mad, I may have missed what you're referring to.
No, it's in one of the older videos so it may have been another officer. I think she was in the car when she said she was really stressed after working on her videos and that Brian didn't believe she could do it.

When they were first separated and she was still outside, the officer asked her about what kind of work she did and she started by talking about working in the juice bar, that she was a nutritionalist, etc, and then talked about the Van life blog. Imo

Morning/Evening folks!

Wowee, just checked out the 2nd body cam footage. Not an easy watch.

Got two questions for folks to help with my understanding:

1. Is the majority of Florida vegetation in preserves and the like evergreen? Like green all year round? I ask because it's autumn there. If there's less leaf cover and bare bushes it's harder to hide, I doubt BL would have suitable camouflage like clothing.

2. Does it get cold around this time of year on the Appalachian Trail? I ask because I am also doubting Brian took much warm clothing if any with him.

If he's out in the elements sooner or later he'll be "smoked" out

1. most vegetation stays green year round because it rarely gets cold enough to kill it off. January can get cold enough but it grows back quickly. Very few native trees or bushes lose their leaves. Our oak trees keep leaves year round. They thin out a little but the trees aren’t bare. Off the top of my head I can’t think of any bushes that go leafless in winter.

I'm not sure why so many seem to be hung up on the DV issue. GP in her own words told LE, that BL usually walks away and they take a break from each other. Again, I'm not taking sides, I just do not see anything that screams that there was ongoing DV in this situation. One of the witness statements was that she was the aggressor, her statement was that she was the aggressor, BL's statement was that she was the aggressor. who's to say that this was an ongoing issue. It sounds to me like they would generally take a break when frustrated with each other. To my point, I think reading entirely too much into the situation my be taking focus off of other factors in the following weeks. Could have been a lot of things. I personally have no idea, but I'm not sure anyone including her thought she was in a bad situation.

Brian admitting to taking the keys to her van to try and force her to take a walk and cool off is a huge red flag and indicator of DV, even aside from the physical altercation. On top of that, witnesses stated Brian was hitting her before she had to climb through the window of her own vehicle because he wouldn’t let her in—the red flags for DV were up and flying high during the Moab incident, IMO.

NEW: “To my knowledge Cassie went for a day.”
Laundrie family attorney says Brian’s sister Cassie was at the campground last month – despite Cassie saying in an earlier interview she hasn’t spoken to Brian since he returned to Florida.
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1443965282553368587?s=21

Gabby Petito case: Laundrie’s sister was at the campground with rest of the family, attorney says | NewsNation Now
That's interesting! So either she saw him there or by the time she got to the campground, he had already left into hiding. If the latter, then technically she didn't lie.

No. The 911 caller stated that the male was hitting the female. So, no, it is not true that “all indications were that gabby was the aggressor”.

audio:

“The gentleman was slapping the girl”

“they ran up and down the street, he proceeded to hit her”

also, remember that there were TWO witnesses.
1) the 911 caller
And 2) Christopher, the one that LE found at the location once they arrived at Moonflower. This is the witness that LE called AFTER he arrived at the stop near Arches. The LEO thanks Christopher for his statement and says “I’m glad I found you”. This witness caught the tail end of the fight between GP and BL. He did not see BL hit GP.

IMO…this second witness caught the tail end of the argument where GP was in defensive mode, trying to get into her vehicle that he was locking her out of, trying to get her phone back, and trying to not be left stranded by BL.

MOO.

I have read all the info, and repeatedly watched the videos. I know what the 1st witness said. I also know that GP, BL, and the second witness all said the opposite. I'm just saying that there seems to be a running theme that BL abused her, and I just do not see the evidence of that. I'm not saying its not the case, I just don't see it. I would also venture a guess that if not for the eventual outcome, most others wouldn't either. It's a lot of speculation.

I feel the same.

I don't think that means that they were asked for drivers' license and registration, though. I think that means that they ran the plate from a computer, and may even have done that after sending GP on her way. They referred to the van as his throughout the video, as in, "are you OK with her driving your van?"

Domestic violence is a crime. There was reasonable suspicion that they had committed a crime or were about to. The police would definitely want to find out who these people are by asking for their drivers license. Searching for warrants, prior DV, etc. Checking registration to see if it the van was stolen. It is all documented.

RIP Xavier Harrelson

“At this sheriff’s office, when he showed up with her car and she was no place to be found, we would have never let him out of our custody that day,” Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd told reporters during a press conference about a child *advertiser censored* sting, Fox 13 reported.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/01/sheriff-wouldve-immediately-detained-brian-laundrie/

Even the linked article says he stated that at an unrelated press conference.

As others have pointed out, he can say that but he probably couldn't have done it legally anyway.

His statement feels like he is 100% marketing himself at GP's expense. It's distasteful, imo.

Last edited:
Also, I think she picked that particular van because it would be easier to drive. A larger van would have more space, but would be more expensive and harder to maneuver.

She was so mindful and methodical with her planning. She really put time into trying to make this happen for them. She doesn’t seem impulsive at all, which is something I see a lot of on social media. It’s so sad that this happened to her.

NEW: “To my knowledge Cassie went for a day.”
Laundrie family attorney says Brian’s sister Cassie was at the campground last month – despite Cassie saying in an earlier interview she hasn’t spoken to Brian since he returned to Florida.
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1443965282553368587?s=21

Gabby Petito case: Laundrie’s sister was at the campground with rest of the family, attorney says | NewsNation Now

Now this is interesting. If Cassie went to see Brian at the campground during the family camping trip? IMO, it might show the family was gathering to say goodbye to BL that weekend, knowing they were sending him off into hiding.

Again, if this is true, it means Cassie has been providing false information from day one and the lawyer is confirming it with this statement.

MOO.

They may not. So far, this is first lie caught. Which is a reason defense attorneys want their clients to keep mouth shut. The others Laundrues have said nothing. Not one direct quote from them. Zero, so no lies.

There seems to be an overall lack of information, or lack of truthful information coming from the Laundries. Typically through their attorney. Since he speaks for them then the deceipt belongs to the Laundries. Again JMO

They may not. So far, this is first lie caught. Which is a reason defense attorneys want their clients to keep mouth shut. The others Laundrues have said nothing. Not one direct quote from them. Zero, so no lies.

Not the first lie for me. The dates he released about the pick up of the mustang are untrue and don’t line up with photos and dates I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaraJune2288