Found Safe UK - Antonino Coppola, 23, from Richmond, Surrey, missing from Bow, East London, 16 Sep 2021

It will be good if someone searching for AC does read all the ideas on Websleuths as may give some further clues and places to search. Not everyone is aware of what happens in drowning instances and the link is there if they choose to read. When Anthony Knott's family were looking for him they were grateful for any leads good or bad. Sadly Anthony was found in the river in Lewes and I do hope that we will have a more positive outcome with AC.
That was a very sad case. I think ACB Murders just meant be mindful how you word it. Be sensitive with your wording. JMO MOO.

Is Bow Road an overground station (as not all of the London Underground is underground)? Reason I ask is could AC have had a signal and messaged someone/received a message to pick him up? That person might have messaged to say 'make an excuse say you feel sick' (or even pretend to throw up).

People don't just throw up from anxiety or a bug or food poisioning they can throw up from drug withdrawal or some people can even vomit on command (especially those who are practiced in Bulimia). JMO MOO

Edited: for international wordage - sorry I used the expression Throw Up which means to vomit.

Is Bow Road an overground station (as not all of the London Underground is underground)? Reason I ask is could AC have had a signal and messaged someone/received a message to pick him up? That person might have messaged to say 'make an excuse say you feel sick' (or even pretend to throw up).

People don't just throw up from anxiety or a bug or food poisioning they can throw up from drug withdrawal or some people can even vomit on command (especially those who are practiced in Bulimia). JMO MOO

Edited: for international wordage - sorry I used the expression Throw Up which means to vomit.
Bow Road is an "open" underground station, I would call it overground actually. So signal should work! it's not like Piccadilly Circus or other stations completely under the ground.

Hi everyone, I am new here. But I have been following this case on social media very closely and I find it so weird that in broad daylight can one person disappear like that. The police has been very silent in all this, but I am really hoping it's down to them having possible leads and not inactivity....

I just wanted to mention that I don't think it was premeditated. I remember reading that their final destination was Bromley-by-Bow, which is only the next stop on the line from where he got off. So he must have been feeling pretty awful to not be able to hold it for just two more minutes. The fact that he vomited literally as soon as he stepped out of the station adds to that.
Bromley-by-Bow might look a bit rough on street view, but there is a lot of fancy new builds popping up in that area. So moving there could not necessarily be a downgrade, especially if he wanted to be closer to work. With Brexit and Covid, a lot of the young force has returned back home and there is real staff shortages in the hospitality sector. So again I would not be surprised if a waiter now could earn more money that assistant manager elsewhere beforehand.

Plus why disappear on purpose when he is with his friend on the tube, and not at a more quiet moment (for example when his friend is at work, and him alone at home)?

I have seen some others mention the possibility of going towards limehouse cut or river lea, but both of these are a 20 minute walk away. Which again makes me think that if he couldn't hold his stomach for 2 minutes, I doubt he would have voluntarily walked that far. In fact river lea is ever further than what would have been their final tube stop.

In my opinion, he either felt really unwell somewhere nearby looking for a little side street, or fool play, someone saw him be weak and perhaps followed him (and then the possibilities are endless...)

Cameras on Uber taxis could also help, so I am hoping the police are looking at those.

Interesting, as Bromley-by-Bow is the next station. So even though he got off at Bow Road, he can't have been too far from their destination.

View attachment 315656

I do wonder if he decided to walk back home (embarrassed people saw him vomit at tube, chance of having dirty clothes if he potentially soiled himself as well), in which case you'd hope he would have texted his friend of his intention/change of plan. Unless whatever happened was before he reached that stage (or was triggered by him getting his phone out of his pocket/bag?).
He did turn right out of the station which is in the general direction of Bromley-by-Bow.

Last edited:
I am certain that the police can request information held under data protection if they thought Antinino was back in hospital but not sure how long this would take. I am not sure if this possibility can be ruled out or not at this stage.
With transport services it is the case of a data protection form being sent by police to obtain a persons movements. Medical information may be more complex

Protecting NHS patient data
Common Law Duty of Confidentiality

Protecting patient data - NHS Digital

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am sorry I have been quiet, been busy with work.

So, Antonino is his first name in full. Addressing to him as Antonio would be incorrect. I think his mates call him Tony or on social media they address him as Bro.

also no they are not related but they know each other well. They have lived together in London, also when they go back to Positano they hang around with the same people.

There also is some other guys from Positano in London which they go out with.

As of today his brother is still in London.

From chi l’ha visto I have noted a flat tone from Ciro on the phone JMO MOO. I don’t know if that has any relevance.

Personally I don’t think this is a voluntary disappearance more like something gone wrong.

I kee following social media etc. But again I think the lack of news is frightening.

I don’t know why the police is not releasing more info? Maybe the cctv footage?

Hi all,

I am sorry I have been quiet, been busy with work.

So, Antonino is his first name in full. Addressing to him as Antonio would be incorrect. I think his mates call him Tony or on social media they address him as Bro.

also no they are not related but they know each other well. They have lived together in London, also when they go back to Positano they hang around with the same people.

There also is some other guys from Positano in London which they go out with.

As of today his brother is still in London.

From chi l’ha visto I have noted a flat tone from Ciro on the phone JMO MOO. I don’t know if that has any relevance.

Personally I don’t think this is a voluntary disappearance more like something gone wrong.

I kee following social media etc. But again I think the lack of news is frightening.

I don’t know why the police is not releasing more info? Maybe the cctv footage?
Thank you for your update. A flat tone may simply mean loss of hope as it has been some time now. I expect there will be a press release if more is known.

I'd have a blimmin flat tone too if it were my friend! More than that, I would be on to the police and asking where they are in the investigation and whether they propose actually doing anything further publicly, because one appeal in 15 days is frankly not good enough.

I think his brother and/or other family and friends should contact one of the nationals and put it to them to follow up as a human interest story. So far, this case has attracted really no coverage at all in London, bar the local press.

Given their failings in light of recent events, the police need to start pulling their act together, and showing they are actually doing their job.

Good point! I was thinking of it along slightly different lines of 'knowing he was about to make himself missing and not see his family for a long time' (go underground, as opposed to suicide) so therefore was sick. Originally I assumed due to his age that it was an acute appendicitis situation. JMO MOO

I agree, it just seems quite a long time to have not been found if he collapsed in an alleyway or a pavement etc. Then again, it seems he was legitimate in telling his friend he felt unwell as evidenced by the vomiting. I'm not a doctor, but I think it'd have to be quite an unusual presentation of appendicitis for it to burst so quickly and for him to bypass the stage where he'd be in a lot of pain. Even if forced to lie down I'd expect there would be a period where he could shout/scream.

Personally I think it's unlikely he'd be attacked in broad daylight in the middle of the day by a complete stranger and somehow hidden or moved, although I guess stranger things have happened.

The key fact for me is that it seems he's left the area of the tube station himself while his flatmate is down on the platform with their luggage waiting. I can't see a circumstance where personally I would attempt the journey onwards or back home without atleast going down to the platform and letting my flatmate know. If he was that ill where that was infeasible then how was he going to make it anywhere? I see the argument for him perhaps moving around the corner out of embarrassment of being sick. But then I just can't see how something could happen on the A11 there in daylight.

I'd have a blimmin flat tone too if it were my friend! More than that, I would be on to the police and asking where they are in the investigation and whether they propose actually doing anything further publicly, because one appeal in 15 days is frankly not good enough.

I think his brother and/or other family and friends should contact one of the nationals and put it to them to follow up as a human interest story. So far, this case has attracted really no coverage at all in London, bar the local press.

Given their failings in light of recent events, the police need to start pulling their act together, and showing they are actually doing their job.

Sorry for the double post. You have a lot more experience than me on what the Police norm is. I notice he isn't on Missing People. Do you think it's possible he has been located or the Police are confident it's voluntary and that's why there has been no further appeals and that he hasn't been added?

Sorry for the double post. You have a lot more experience than me on what the Police norm is. I notice he isn't on Missing People. Do you think it's possible he has been located or the Police are confident it's voluntary and that's why there has been no further appeals and that he hasn't been added?

Has someone notified Missing People? If someone contacts them and asks them to add, if they say they can't it may elicit some more info, as you suggest, but surely his family should be kept informed if that is the case?

I agree, it just seems quite a long time to have not been found if he collapsed in an alleyway or a pavement etc. Then again, it seems he was legitimate in telling his friend he felt unwell as evidenced by the vomiting. I'm not a doctor, but I think it'd have to be quite an unusual presentation of appendicitis for it to burst so quickly and for him to bypass the stage where he'd be in a lot of pain. Even if forced to lie down I'd expect there would be a period where he could shout/scream.

Personally I think it's unlikely he'd be attacked in broad daylight in the middle of the day by a complete stranger and somehow hidden or moved, although I guess stranger things have happened.

The key fact for me is that it seems he's left the area of the tube station himself while his flatmate is down on the platform with their luggage waiting. I can't see a circumstance where personally I would attempt the journey onwards or back home without atleast going down to the platform and letting my flatmate know. If he was that ill where that was infeasible then how was he going to make it anywhere? I see the argument for him perhaps moving around the corner out of embarrassment of being sick. But then I just can't see how something could happen on the A11 there in daylight.

If there is no way he would have attempted the journey onwards or back home without at least going down to the platform and letting his flatmate know , then that sort of thinking also rules out the intentional disappearance during the same circumstances (i.e. leaving a friend down the platform with luggage and not letting him know thereafter)

There really aren't that many more options left if we rule out severe illness and foul play too. If you google "knife crime broad daylight", you will sadly see plenty of results, so I would not really say it's that unheard of. I do agree that the chances of it happening right on the A11 are slimmer.

But some others have mentioned here earlier that he was already throwing up as he was walking out of the station. That probably means that he may have made a mess of what he was wearing, and/or the entrance/corridor. They did also mention that when he looked back, he looked as though he was embarrassed people had seen him. If he had "more to give" and quite urgently, there is every chance he could have taken the first road on the right again, away from people, which again increases his chances of external involvement. If you look on street view, there isn't any pub or restaurant in direct sight to the right of station (maybe a bit further down).

If it were me in that situation and I had a choice between entering a tube station with clothes that I had puked on (and maybe even more), or 15 minutes walking home via empty side streets, I would have rather done the latter and texted my friend to meet me there.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefdartz