Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lawyer says the first, so IMO that's early morning on the 1st. He passed the toll to his (parents) home at 10:45am. Assuming he gets there and checks in with them since they cancelled their trip, and given the long drive in the timeframe assumed (last spotted by the other camper) I don't see a get together with his sister - where she doesn't see the van - is likely. Could have happened, sure, but not likely IMO. If she saw him on the 1st, it was probably on his way in from WY in the morning.
No matter when she saw him on the 1st or the 6th, she would naturally have asked "how's Gabby?". Even more so if he was driving the van without her in it. She stated that her kids liked Gabby, IIRC. No way she would speak to him and not ask about her.

I actually think he's in panic mode now and starting to realise just how out of his depth he is.

He needs to learn when to stop digging!

As an aside - is anyone else absolutely flabbergasted as to how on earth the Laundries have managed to pull this off!?

It's no mean feat evading capture from various LE units, SAR, officers on foot, search planes in the sky, bounty hunters, police tracker dogs, and various experts, not to mention the FBI for THREE WEEKS!

They (the Laundries) look so unassuming, so I can't wrap my head around how they've concocted what seems to be - so far - a very well executed plan.

I know we're not allowed to sleuth the parents, but it makes me wonder if they have a military background (or a skillset that would help in planning this) or if this is all just pure luck, and somehow they/Brian got lucky!

MOO
A 10 day head start is why he’s still on the run. Everyone here assumes he left town sometime after Gabby was reported missing but that can’t be true IMO.

The lawyer says the first, so IMO that's early morning on the 1st. He passed the toll to his (parents) home at 10:45am. Assuming he gets there and checks in with them since they cancelled their trip, and given the long drive in the timeframe assumed (last spotted by the other camper) I don't see a get together with his sister - where she doesn't see the van - is likely. Could have happened, sure, but not likely IMO. If she saw him on the 1st, it was probably on his way in from WY in the morning.

Could be. I was considering that she has kids. I think they're old enough to be in school. And now we have that postcard article from the Sun with postcards to her kids from the trip and most don't have stamps on them, I think it's possible, if not likely, that he wanted to see the kids and give them the postcards, so went after they were home from school. Idk.

Last edited:
I said about 44 threads ago that I don't think he's in a foreign country because of all the documentation needed these days because of the pandemic, and that many countries monitor travelers with public health checks for days after entry.
I do recall, nearly 3 weeks ago, when I proposed that he might be in the Bahamas, possibly you as well as other posters had said this.

Now the former FBI agent is saying he could be in the Bahamas or on a cruise ship—why aren’t they taking into account the pandemic, the new restrictions, the Covid tests and proof of vaccination, the quarantine period?

I think he's in Florida in a large group of young people, or possibly the AT but not moving. I said about 44 threads ago that I don't think he's in a foreign country because of all the documentation needed these days because of the pandemic, and that many countries monitor travelers with public health checks for days after entry. I don't think this guy is apt enough to cross international borders where there is no bonafide crossing. And I didn't suggest that they looked for non-interpol countries, I posted that because some people seemed to be questioning the reach/effectiveness of interpol.

Good theory. Many young people are out of touch with MSM. Besides, easy to disguise oneself with a hoodie, a baseball cap and sunglasses.

In my own research, I learned years ago that shaving one's head makes a person much less recognizable, especially to casual witnesses.

I don't think he's in a foreign country, either. I do wonder what his long term goals for this new life might be. He spent so much time reading, painting and drawing, nurturing potted plants, playing guitar and stacking rocks...maybe he's able to continue doing some of those things somewhere in Florida, while also moving around a lot?

Anyone had a chance to read this article? It says not only did the sister talk to Brian because he stopped by her house upon arriving in Florida on Sept 1st but that she also went on a camping trip with them on the sixth? Then in another paragraph of the same article it states she says she wishes she could talk to him but she has not been able to talk to him.

The attorney says it was all miscommunication. Is there any wonder why there is so much confusion trying to figure anything out.

Brian Laundrie’s sister saw him twice after return to Florida, was at Fort De Soto with family: attorney | WFLA

I don't think she says when she saw him. Maybe he napped and went later. Or maybe he didn't nap and went later. Or maybe he did see her on his way to his parents. Idk. But I'm not jumping to his sister is a blatant liar based on the very limited information we have. jmo

Assuming he had some plausible story about Gabby to tell--maybe after he got home his parents were all excited and said, "Oh, let's all go have dinner with Cassie! Oh don't worry, Brian, you can sleep in the back seat while we drive!"

This! But at the same time I dont know how laxxed all these places are on their restriction? I know Florida pulled back on a lot of them but Im fairly certain to get on a cruise ship you need the vaccine or negative covid test or both.

I do recall, nearly 3 weeks ago, when I proposed that he might be in the Bahamas, possibly you as well as other posters had said this.

Now the former FBI agent is saying he could be in the Bahamas or on a cruise ship—why aren’t they taking into account the pandemic, the new restrictions, the Covid tests and proof of vaccination, the quarantine period?
Could he have left the country before 9/11 though? Maybe he did get vaccinated. We don't know.

Thanks for Info.
A request for knowledge. If a person sells a car in Fl.is there a legal duty to provide the identity to stat dmv.
I am not local thanks.
I sold two cars in the past year - signed my name to my titles and handed them over - included a sales price for sales tax and the mileage - that was it. Didn't need to notarize it. didn't need anything from the buyer. I also filled out the transfer of ownership and mailed it to the DMV so that anything that happened with that vehicle they knew it was not in my name - left it up to the buyers to take the title and pay the transfer fees. I also removed the license plates.

Good theory. Many young people are out of touch with MSM. Besides, easy to disguise oneself with a hoodie, a baseball cap and sunglasses.

In my own research, I learned years ago that shaving one's head makes a person much less recognizable, especially to casual witnesses.

I don't think he's in a foreign country, either. I do wonder what his long term goals for this new life might be. He spent so much time reading, painting and drawing, nurturing potted plants, playing guitar and stacking rocks...maybe he's able to continue doing some of those things somewhere in Florida, while also moving around a lot?

LOL The long term goals.

h

But then are they not.admitting GUILT????
Imo they are being very calculated!
Every criminal who eventually goes free had to get a lawyer at some point.

You call a lawyer when you are foreseeing some potential legal issue. When you looking at a potentially huge criminal investigation of you, you call a criminal defense attorney. It has nothing to do with admitting guilt when you are already being looked at by law enforcement.

Rose, Gabby's friend, said that he had episodes. I'll take her word for it. For now.

He had "episodes" of insomnia, hallucinations and hearing voices, according to Rose. Now, that being said, most people who think they're "hearing voices" aren't, at least not in the psychiatric sense. And sleep deprivation can cause hallucinations. But what would cause that degree of insomnia?

It sounds to me as if BL had a lot of excuses for his behavior, which apparently Gabby believed and told her friend about. We haven't discussed this, but one reason a young woman stays with a difficult, tantrum-prone, easily frustrated young man is because she feels he has some kind of "issue" where he "needs help," and she wants to help. I think BL was highly dependent on Gabby in so many ways...
MOO. A lot of meth or even prescription adhd medicine like adderall. Take enough and you’ll be awake for days.

I personally don’t think he was doing this drug, it’s just an answer for what can cause that insomnia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288