Britney Spears speaks …

In my opinion, her father and his team just continue to show their true revolting selves. I believe her regarding how abusive he was and is.

I also believe her and her personal conservator seems to support her statement as well. I don't think her father has any option to resign and I bet he's sweating the idea of a forensic audit.

I also believe that she's going to need a full mental health evaluation after her father is out of the picture. At this point, it's going to be hard to know what medications she actually needs and what dad had prescribed as chemical restraints.

The documentary, which will be available to stream at 10 p.m., is based on a New York Times investigation into Spears' conservatorship and will examine how it has impacted her life for the past 13 years. Insiders, including a former member of the security team which monitored Spears for nine years, come forward with allegations about how the superstar's conservatorship worked, including allegations of how her life was under constant surveillance.

All the details about 'Controlling Britney Spears,' a new documentary about the singer - ABC News (go.com)

'Controlling Britney Spears' Filmmakers On Surveillance Allegations - Variety

The NYT article has some very interesting info. Link below - non-subscribers get a few free articles a month, I believe. A former security person stated there were 180+hrs of audio recordings from her bedroom, and there’s the issue of whether the father had access to her communications with her attorney. One of her (prior?) attorneys asked Jamie to confirm that Britney was the only one with access to her texts, email, vmail - and he seemed to confirm that he did not have access to same. Attorney-client confidentiality is a big deal and if he was using that illicit access to enrich himself at Britney’s expense…that’s a big problem for him. JMO.

‘Controlling Britney Spears’ Reveals New Details of Her Life Under Conservatorship

I keep saying this, but it is terrifying how close every one of us are to losing our entire freedom! She was rich, powerful and should have had anyone she needed at her fingertips. And look how abused and held captive she was. Legally!

I cant believe more people are not bothered by this. It's way bigger than a pop star who is fighting with her family. All of her rights were stripped and not returned!!!! For a woman who was still on TV shows, performing and holding residencies! That is not a person who is unable to have rights. It's not.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with many of you. Her father may not be the best conservator, but she definitely needs someone looking after her, so one should be kept on. If anyone believes her actions of late are sane, I worry about the future of this world and our younger generation. Britney is almost 40 years old, yet her behavior and actions of late are more of a defiant teenager than an adult with 2 kids.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with many of you. Her father may not be the best conservator, but she definitely needs someone looking after her, so one should be kept on. If anyone believes her actions of late are sane, I worry about the future of this world and our younger generation. Britney is almost 40 years old, yet her behavior and actions of late are more of a defiant teenager than an adult with 2 kids.

Nobody has put Justin Bieber or Kanye West, Lady Gaga, Pamela Anderson or Michael Jackson under a conservatorship. Justin has spoken publicly about drug use that was so serious that his bodyguards were checking him hourly to ensure he was breathing. Kanye isn't exactly the epitome of sane and both Lady Gaga and Pamela Anderson have shown as much flesh as Britney. Michael Jackson at best squandered his money and had seriously arrested development.

I fully expected Britney to act out and I also expect that when her every move has been controlled and I believe she will need to move forward a bit at a time. The are options rather than a conservatorship that would very likely be more suitable for her but eccentric is not a legal reason to keep someone locked away from the rest of the world.

Is this a free country where we have the right to make our own choices, and to live as we see fit, or is it not?

Has she broken the law or violated anyone's rights? I don't believe she has.
However it sounds like her rights have been violated.

She deserves autonomy and freedom as much as anyone else.

If you think anyone has the right to take that away from her, forcing her into a conservatorship, I think you should consider your motives.

Acting like a teenager is not grounds for conservatorship. The fact that someone would benefit from oversight is also not grounds for a conservatorship.

Have you ever read Facebook comments? If everyone who acted "irresponsibly" was stripped of their rights and controlled by someone else, half the population would fit the bill. Who is to say the person given charge doesn't also have things with them?

And what happens when a political belief or a lack of exercising enough constitutes someone taking control of your life?

I worked with an adult population that had SEVERE mental health issues and intellectual disabilities for 16 years! And the vast majority of them still held their own rights and responsibilities. Did they have guidance and assistance with life skills and tasks? Yes. Were they free to make decisions and had the final say so in their own lives? Yes. Every tiny thing that could be infringing on their human rights had to be brought before the Human Rights Committee to vote on. In this country, as an adult, our freedom and rights are everything. There is nothing that says this woman can't make her won decisions. If she was capable of doing the work she was doing with long hours and everyone was OK with that, then she can decide if she wants her cabinets painted.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back