SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original post had this...My ears think Mandy's Podcast has better quality audio.

Mandy’s podcast 5:32 mark
Island Packet 2:09 mark

‎Murdaugh Murders Podcast: Who Killed Maggie & Paul? Part One on Apple Podcasts

‎Murdaugh Murders Podcast: Who Killed Maggie & Paul? Part One on Apple Podcasts

‘My wife and child were just shot badly’: SLED releases 911 audio in Murdaugh

‘My wife and child were just shot badly’: SLED releases 911 audio in Murdaugh homicides
Thank you.

Paul was shot head & chest, death certificate at link.

Maggie’s death certificate has not been released? Probably because of the gunshot wound to the back.

Murdaugh Murders: Death Certificate Confirms Paul Murdaugh Was Killed By Multiple Shotgun Blasts

Location? Somewhere near the dog kennels. Nothing on evidence as in shoe/boot prints or tire tracks.

I wonder why no shoe prints for anyone? That seems very odd. Maybe no tire tracks if no vehicle went back there but no shoe prints after a heavy rain seems strange. Even if grass covers it, the ground under it still generally deforms somewhat. With higher grass, meaning grass that hasn’t recently been shaved to the ground, the grass usually shows where someone or something has been. I say this having followed the steps of a suddenly adventure-seeking dog who ventured beyond my sight in the yard (not a little one and did I mention the near-opaque darkness out here?) on a rainy, moon-sliver (no full moons seem to occur when I need them, I’m sorry to say!) night. Flashlights are my friend. Of course, in the MM/PM case, everyone was shocked and it was chaos, of course, so maybe no one saw value in looking. MOO.

So sick but this was probably a hate crime against gays. Couple of drunk teens see this young man alone and out of gas. If that’s the case they probably thought they were so funny until they woke up sober, or maybe not. I can hardly stand to think about it — the fear of his last moments.

One detail that I’ve pondered is, several times they mention his loosely tied shoes. Made me wonder if part of this was they had taken his shoes and were driving behind him knowing he couldn’t get away fast barefoot. And after he was down they put his shoes back on.

MOO.

It’s anecdotal insight only but loosely tied shoes never seem to stay on well for me in normal times and walking in the dark after running out of gas would be one of those times. Being hit by a car? I’ve never experienced that but once was in a major but low-speed car crash and one loafer ended up far from me and the other barely was on. Anecdotal and MOO.

So sick but this was probably a hate crime against gays. Couple of drunk teens see this young man alone and out of gas. If that’s the case they probably thought they were so funny until they woke up sober, or maybe not. I can hardly stand to think about it — the fear of his last moments.

One detail that I’ve pondered is, several times they mention his loosely tied shoes. Made me wonder if part of this was they had taken his shoes and were driving behind him knowing he couldn’t get away fast barefoot. And after he was down they put his shoes back on.

MOO.

It may have been a hate crime, certainly, and yes, it all is too horrible to contemplate. His poor mom! :( All the poor families and kids of all these people! I just keep thinking that there was a lot of disregard for the lives (and deaths, when you think if it) of many people around this area in the past few years at least: A hardworking housekeeper with kids who depended on her, a young lady out on a boat ride, a young man who ran out of gas, an affluent married mother of two, and one of the mother’s college-age sons. And all connected in just one or two steps. No need for six steps as in the Six Steps to Kevin Bacon. Adding to the angst for me is that these all seem rooted in indifference to the value and human rights of others in the first four and perhaps simple expedience in the last two. MOO.

MOO.

No idea what kind of road surface there was but you’d think walking barefoot on any road would show somehow on the soles of a person’s feet—road tar and grime on asphalt, indents from pebbles on chip-and-seal roads, and compressed gravel. Then again, I remember the autopsy conclusion and others’ opposing views of that. I just can’t think anyone would walk barefoot in the dark out in the country when the person had shoes if only because of roadkill and rocks. It wouldn’t get you anywhere faster, for sure. I need to research this again but I am thinking that, statistically, a person is safer locking the doors and staying with the car EXCEPT if the car is on the highway and there’s safe egress. Once I confirm, my kids will get a new safety warning. MOO.

Paul was shot head & chest, death certificate at link.

Maggie’s death certificate has not been released? Probably because of the gunshot wound to the back.

Murdaugh Murders: Death Certificate Confirms Paul Murdaugh Was Killed By Multiple Shotgun Blasts

Location? Somewhere near the dog kennels. Nothing on evidence as in shoe/boot prints or tire tracks.

Maggie was not only shot in the back. This is the actual quote:

“Maggie was shot multiple times, including in the back, with a different
gun, and cases of a type of ammunition known as 300 Blackout were found nearby, according to two people familiar with the situation. The family owned an AR-15 style rifle that can use that type of ammunition but it wasn’t recovered at the scene or turned over for inspection, the people said.”

Excellent article BTW.
The Unraveling of the Murdaugh Dynasty: Unsolved Murders, Insurance Fraud and Missing Millions

Been thinking. If AM was involved & his father on his death bed, seems he was closest to his father working with him and all. The mom supposedly has dementia?

I wonder how the father’s will has been taken care if and by whom?

Just heard a friend was undermined by brother and got the family home in his name.

Jmo

I wonder why no shoe prints for anyone? That seems very odd. Maybe no tire tracks if no vehicle went back there but no shoe prints after a heavy rain seems strange. Even if grass covers it, the ground under it still generally deforms somewhat. With higher grass, meaning grass that hasn’t recently been shaved to the ground, the grass usually shows where someone or something has been. I say this having followed the steps of a suddenly adventure-seeking dog who ventured beyond my sight in the yard (not a little one and did I mention the near-opaque darkness out here?) on a rainy, moon-sliver (no full moons seem to occur when I need them, I’m sorry to say!) night. Flashlights are my friend. Of course, in the MM/PM case, everyone was shocked and it was chaos, of course, so maybe no one saw value in looking. MOO.
There may be evidence of footprints and/or tire tracks. That info has just not been released. Not surprising because it's an on-going investigation. JMO.

Maggie was not only shot in the back. This is the actual quote:

“Maggie was shot multiple times, including in the back, with a different
gun, and cases of a type of ammunition known as 300 Blackout were found nearby, according to two people familiar with the situation. The family owned an AR-15 style rifle that can use that type of ammunition but it wasn’t recovered at the scene or turned over for inspection, the people said.”

Excellent article BTW.
The Unraveling of the Murdaugh Dynasty: Unsolved Murders, Insurance Fraud and Missing Millions
Yes, and for all we know, the shot to the back could have occurred last -- after she was incapacitated and on the ground. Probably not likely, but possible. JMO.

There are so many things that do not add up about this case, it absolutely drives me crazy!
  • Is there any evidence that points to AM being an opiate addict and alcoholic for 10+ years? No car accidents, no whispers in the law community about being impaired in court, no rumors or innuendo from friends and frenemies, no OD's or other illness that could be attributed to a long-term addiction. He looks pretty healthy. Maybe this is proof that gingers really have no soul.
  • CES is AM's opiate dealer, an opiate dealer that has never been busted, not on LE radar as a drug supplier, nor seems to have supplied anyone else drugs besides AM.
  • Where did all the money go? AM's lawyers seem to be pushing the narrative that he stole from the law firm to fund his so-called drug addiction. Which brings me to...
  • Is CES rich? Are there any irregular bank deposits or signs of money laundering? You'd think 10+ years of supplying opiates to AM would afford him a more comfortable lifestyle than what he was living.
  • AM decided to fake his death because he thought his life insurance policy had a suicide clause? No way, he's a lawyer and can interpret the fine print.
I feel like AM's attorneys are treating the public like they are stupid in order to garner sympathy for their client and taint the jury pool.

I 100% believe AM killed his son and wife, probably with the help of CES. That the fake "hit man" debacle was a desperate attempt to persuade LE that he was not responsible for those deaths when it became apparent that they were focusing on him. And when LE didn't buy that narrative, he concocted this supposed opiate addiction as a means to enter "treatment", get some breathing room, and keep himself out of jail. Pitiful.

This confuses me. Why on earth would the defendants “sell” a mediation video to a reporter? The only party that would potentially benefit on it getting released would be the plaintiff, IMO.

I also find it interesting that it has already been on the court’s record that MT was providing confidential info to reporter, MM.

Last edited:
Folks it is as simple as that. No mystery to it for me.

Who killed Stephen Smith, and why?

BBM
You do know that SC is the deep south right? And SS was gay. If he was involved, as has been said, with a Murduagh do you think the rest of that proud, powerful family would have looked on that favorably? IMO they would not have. And if he threatened to take it public it would have been a motive to kill.

Being gay in the south and Bible Belt states is not viewed the same way as it is in more progressive states. I know because I live in a Bible belt state. It is absolutely wrong to view it that way, yes, but it is also a fact.

The south is an old old place where change comes very slowly, if at all. I have been to enough southern states like Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama, Virginia, NC, W Virginia, Tennessee and Georgia that I know that. The cities in those states are more progressive toward gays but the rural areas, not so much, if at all. If you don't think that, drive through some of those southern states and count how many Confederate flags are still flying proudly on lawns or on the beds of pickup trucks. Talk to some of those good ole boys out in the country and you will find out just how they feel.

No offense meant to anyone, just saying it like I think it is.

JMO

I believe Stephen Smith pulled over on the side of the road because he was having car trouble. A truckload of boys, including Buster and Paul, were on their way home from a baseball game and came upon Stephen’s unmistakable yellow car. They pulled their truck up alongside him and asked if he was having car trouble (sound familiar?).
Stephen got out of the car because he thought his “friends” were going to help him. Instead, they pulled him up into the bed of the truck, dislocating his shoulder, and proceeded to hit him in the head with a bat (he also had some defensive wounds on his hands) to prove their heterosexuality or some dumb thing like that. Then they threw him in the road 3 miles down as they drove home.
MOO
Sounds like a very solid theory. Especially if they heard rumors SS was involved with a Murdaugh.

JMO

BBM
You do know that SC is the deep south right? And SS was gay. If he was involved, as has been said, with a Murduagh do you think the rest of that proud, powerful family would have looked on that favorably? IMO they would not have. And if he threatened to take it public it would have been a motive to kill.

Being gay in the south and Bible Belt states is not viewed the same way as it is in more progressive states. I know because I live in a Bible belt state. It is absolutely wrong to view it that way, yes, but it is also a fact.

The south is an old old place where change comes very slowly, if at all. I have been to enough southern states like Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama, Virginia, NC, W Virginia, Tennessee and Georgia that I know that. The cities in those states are more progressive toward gays but the rural areas, not so much, if at all. If you don't think that, drive through some of those southern states and count how many Confederate flags are still flying proudly on lawns or on the beds of pickup trucks. Talk to some of those good ole boys out in the country and you will find out just how they feel.

JMO

I had the impression that MM was Democrat. That would generally imply (although not certain) a greater empathy and progressiveness toward gays. Of course I don't know how the Murdaugh side of the family felt or what their political leaning is/was.

I would appreciate further insight from you and others who have a better understanding of this area.

Thank you! I have never followed a murder that was so secretive.
I would really like to know how these murders occurred, I what order, and where the victims were found. Sigh. We will probably never know.
I have never followed a murder that was so secretive.
BBM
I have. The Rhoden murders. LE wouldn't even let a whisper out. Gov. DeWine took it all the way to the state supreme court to stop all 8 victims autopsies from being released to the public after news media sued the state of Ohio to get them. DeWine won and those autopsies have not been released yet, 5 + years later.

JMO

Folks it is as simple as that. No mystery to it for me.

BBM

JMO
This was my cow noise (MOO) until we learned how shady Alec is. I introduced this theory to Websleuths ! Nothing else explains by the investigation into PMs death caused SLED to reopen the SS murder. But with all the crap we know about Alec now . . . I’m not so sure.

BTW, Sandy Smith (Stephen’s mother) has repeatedly said this is her theory of the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288