Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and too bad for that poor guy undergoing chemo who just wants some rest right? Should he go thank BL’s parents for this? Are you serious right now?

Like who cares about the neighbors who may need peace, forget their small kids who might be scared and confused, don’t worry about their animals who are barking all day long. They can stand there and protest without screaming into bullhorns from sunup until sundown. Finding BL isn’t the most important thing in their lives, and they shouldn’t be punished because his parents are hiding. This protesting hasn’t worked yet and IMO won’t at all.

moo.

I reckon if one of them caught the slightest glance of him in their back gardens it would be over immediately, so there's that...

and this is 6 days old.
Searches are very very expensive and very very resource intensive
Cost of search for Brian Laundrie estimated at nearly $1 million and counting

Yes, someone has estimated that have accounted for that much money being spent on the hunt. I didn't say that they didn't. What I said is that most of that will be in salaries that are already going to people on the payroll. Its not like who ever makes the decision on the search parameters is hiring extra raw recruits off the street to go search. They are using people who would have been working somewhere else that day if not for stomping around in the muck. The guy in that article who estimating the cost said that most of the cost would be in salaries. And I pointed out that they were knocking off most days at normal closing time so very few people wer piling up days of overtime.

The FBI charged Brian with “unauthorized use of a debit card/PIN”, so why didn’t they also charge him with “unauthorized use of a vehicle”?

There is no known history of Brian driving the van alone without Gabby. When BL returned to Florida from August 17-23, he didn’t take the van with him, he got on an airplane to get home while the van was parked outside the hotel where Gabby was staying at.

Yes, someone has estimated that have accounted for that much money being spent on the hunt. I didn't say that they didn't. What I said is that most of that will be in salaries that are already going to people on the payroll. Its not like who ever makes the decision on the search parameters is hiring extra raw recruits off the street to go search. They are using people who would have been working somewhere else that day if not for stomping around in the muck. The guy in that article who estimating the cost said that most of the cost would be in salaries. And I pointed out that they were knocking off most days at normal closing time so very few people wer piling up days of overtime.

Tons of specialized equipment and professional teams to search that dangerous swamp!

When I was going through chemo I wanted one thing and one thing only: peace and quiet so I could increase my chances of possibly going to sleep and getting some rest. I really feel for these neighbors. I do understand the desire to protest, but the recklessness of one young man seems to be wreaking havoc on so many, not to mention one poor soul being dead. And whether or not he did it (I know he's entitled to innocence until proven guilty), he most certainly didn't act in her best interests by driving her van back to Florida. All MOO, of course.
100% agreed! For me, the only time I wasn’t in pain and complete misery some days was when I was asleep. Good restful sleep is life sustaining medicine for a cancer patient. The protestors mean well, but they could prolong this poor guy’s recovery by not letting him sleep.

The FBI charged Brian with “unauthorized use of a debit card/PIN”, so why didn’t they also charge him with “unauthorized use of a vehicle”?

There is no known history of Brian driving the van alone without Gabby. When BL returned to Florida from August 17-23, he didn’t take the van with him, he got on an airplane to get home while the van was parked outside the hotel where Gabby was staying at.

Because it’s not a crime?

MOO, they initially could not prove he didn't take it without her permission, but after she was located, IMO, you have a valid point there. Though they may have thought it wasn't worth the fight since the atty would probably still raise it. They don't want charges to be thrown out. Benefit of adding the charge would be minimal compared to potentially having it challenged so they went with a charge that was a lock. MOO, IMO is my guess.

One can report a person missing and get action if there is reason to believe that person is a danger to himself or others. The Laundries likely reported that BL was extremely agitated ,depressed and saying he wanted to kill himself. That he left without walket and cell phone also shows a mental distress though, really, given his predicament and media attention, Public opinion, of course he was on the brink. That he didn’t return for several days and was without those phone and wallet was sufficient reason , given his state of mind and circumstances to classify him as endangered.

"Wallet" = case. Yes, in normal parlance that usually implies "and all the stuff you'd expect to keep in it on a day to day basis," but in a world where "saw" and "spoke to" can't be relied on in the usual casual way, I'm inclined not to take "wallet," coming from the Laundries or any spokesperson for them, as 100% certainly meaning that. I go places with my ID & a couple basic cards, maybe some hydrating lip gloss, and my insurance info all the time and leave my "wallet" at home.

Oh, sorry. I thought that you were naming items that he would need for long-term camping. jmo
Oh, geesh. I see how you would think that. I neglected to hit the reply button to someone's post. It's the person who writes like Mickey Spillane, Jessica Fletcher and a Harlequin romance author all smushed together.

Edited to add a smiley face. :)

Thank you for posting this. I did not watch video 2 in its entirety as I did video 1 and I was completely unaware of the part quoted above. I was aware of the "contact supervisor" piece but was not aware that it got as far as them discussing a reversal of an order. I did not think there was this level of formality to their stop. Very interesting. This confirms to me IMOO that as we had been discussing since the release of video 1, that they truly did believe he was the victim. This is evidence of that, as opposed to a "Well, we don't know which of them really started it so we separated them, etc." MOO
Yes, the second set of videos reinforces Gabby saying herself that she started and continued the physical stuff.

Brian tried to minimize this, but Gabby just said it, straight out. Reinforced her hitting him a few times, including calling him names.

He did as well and also said so.

Their recollection of events mostly aligned. Way more often than not. And I don't think they had time to craft a narrative. I mean she stated clearly that he hit the curb because she was hitting him, and used punching motions while she described this and said she was calling him an idiot.

My opinion and observations only!

He is a person of interest in a high-profile homicide. They are obviously not chasing down a guy purely due to his theft. But the theft ("knowing use of an unauthorized access device with intent to defraud") is intrinsically related to the homicide...of a person who happens to have been traveling for months and involved for years with the POI, who also happened to be reported by an independent third party as abusing the dead person in broad daylight and who happens to be the last person reported seen with the dead person.

Come on, y'all.
Yes, I get all of this - but why not just come straight out with it and issue an arrest warrant for murder? I get that this maybe some sort of 'strategy' - but either they have the evidence that points to B as the killer, or they don't. And seeing as B is still a POI and the only arrest warrant is for fraud, I am guessing they are missing a piece of the jigsaw.

I am sure some savvy defence attorney would come up with a way to play this manhunt for fraud charges as prejudicial in any forthcoming murder trial. Or is that not a thing in the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752