Found Deceased ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, vehicle found, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 #2

IMO we have always known this was a suicide. Linked here is a podcast (that was also linked above) and an article. Her family and LE acknowledge the likelihood.

Missing: Anneliese Heinig — Dark Downeast Maine True Crime Podcast

Anneliese Heinig of Richmond is still missing, police say | newscentermaine.com

Well yes, but I was referring to the details of what pushed her over the brink, and why she left her car where it was, why she chose that spot, and that sort of thing.

Well yes, but I was referring to the details of what pushed her over the brink, and why she left her car where it was, why she chose that spot, and that sort of thing.

Personally, I'm not sure I'll ever believe that this was a suicide. My opinion only.

I am happy she was finally found, but I also agree with you on not fully believing it was a suicide :(

@interestedincases @Meredith28
What do you two see about this case that makes you disbelieve that AH committed suicide? Even her mom believes it, if you listen to the podcast posted above. I'm new to this but it seems straightforward to me. Please, educate me.

What do you two see about this case that makes you disbelieve that AH committed suicide? Even her mom believes it, if you listen to the podcast posted above. I'm new to this but it seems straightforward to me. Please, educate me.
I tend to think suicide or OD. But I have untold respect for the other two - @Meredith28 has been a constant here since the early days and @interestedincases looks to be a heck of a bass fisherperson, earning my instant admiration. :)

If the podcast you are referring to is Dark Downeast, I respectfully disagree that Anneliese's mother was convinced that her death was by suicide. That was not my interpretation. I don't have sources to quote here, so you could say that I don't have anything to back up my thoughts, but I have spoken with a friend of Anneliese who strongly agrees with me. We don't need our opinions to be validated here, that's why I stated that it was my opinion only.

I will ask this, though. That exact area was searched *repeatedly* over the many months that Anneliese was missing. I understand that things can be missed, but how does it end up that a random layer stumbles upon her remains nearly two years later in the exact location LE believed her to be and was searching? This is really a rhetorical question. Again, my opinion only.

I haven't listened to any podcasts, I've only followed this thread and the news stories. She had no history of self harm. She had plans with her daughter for her birthday and if I remember correctly, she even had decorations in the car?? I can't remember all specific points since it's been so long so I can't really tell you "why" (I don't want to misquote anything) I think that, but right off I always thought it could be 50/50 on what happened. I do know suicide never makes sense to those of us living so even though I have my doubts, this probably is the truth, especially since her parents thought that from the beginning also.

I tend to think suicide or OD. But I have untold respect for the other two - @Meredith28 has been a constant here since the early days and @interestedincases looks to be a heck of a bass fisherperson, earning my instant admiration. :)

Thanks! I'm a fisherwoman at that ;)

IMO we have always known this was a suicide. Linked here is a podcast (that was also linked above) and an article. Her family and LE acknowledge the likelihood.

I have a spouse and another close family member that work in mental health. My 2 cents is things are never clear with people who are at the end of their rope. Jumping off a bridge, if that is really what happened, or continuing to walk down the highway until she froze or was hit by a drunk driver who didn't report it or she became homeless on the streets or she went down the drain of drug addiction are all likely outcomes. When faced with these possibilities the family chooses to believe suicide because it is easier? Cleaner?

Is mental illness that results in trying to walk across frozen tidal marshes at night in a snow storm "suicide" or just crazy? I don't know what happened and I don't know what the family knows.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back