SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
This confuses me. Why on earth would the defendants “sell” a mediation video to a reporter? The only party that would potentially benefit on it getting released would be the plaintiff, IMO.

I also find it interesting that it has already been on the court’s record that MT was providing confidential info to reporter, MM.
BBM

To get money to pay RB when she wins.

JMO

Folks it is as simple as that. No mystery to it for me.

Who killed Stephen Smith, and why?
So sick but this might have been a hate crime against gays. Couple of drunk teens see this young man alone and out of gas. If that’s the case they probably thought they were so funny until they woke up sober, or maybe not. I can hardly stand to think about it — the fear of his last moments.
No idea what kind of road surface there was but you’d think walking barefoot on any road would show somehow on the soles of a person’s feet—road tar and grime on asphalt, indents from pebbles on chip-and-seal roads, and compressed gravel. Then again, I remember the autopsy conclusion and others’ opposing views of that. I just can’t think anyone would walk barefoot in the dark out in the country when the person had shoes if only because of roadkill and rocks. It wouldn’t get you anywhere faster, for sure. I need to research this again but I am thinking that, statistically, a person is safer locking the doors and staying with the car EXCEPT if the car is on the highway and there’s safe egress. Once I confirm, my kids will get a new safety warning. MOO.

I think Ella Mae and others besides you who have weighed in on my thought, have logical points about his shoes. I was thinking of other reasons his shoes were “loosely tied,”but if he had any time walking with out shoes, the soles of his feet would no doubt give the ME clues.

Not too much has come out about this either, but this murder could likely have a torture aspect, and that’s where I was coming from. Not sure what to think except this young man who had ambition and potential seems to have had his life snuffed out in just the worst way.

Only my mind wandering. Only MHO.

This was my cow noise (MOO) until we learned how shady Alec is. I introduced this theory to Websleuths ! Nothing else explains by the investigation into PMs death caused SLED to reopen the SS murder. But with all the crap we know about Alec now . . . I’m not so sure.

BTW, Sandy Smith (Stephen’s mother) has repeatedly said this is her theory of the crime.
I agree with you and Sandy. I too believe it was the motive. Only question in my mind is was it Buster or an older with much more to lose if SS went public man?

JMO

So sick but this might have been a hate crime against gays. Couple of drunk teens see this young man alone and out of gas. If that’s the case they probably thought they were so funny until they woke up sober, or maybe not. I can hardly stand to think about it — the fear of his last moments.

I think Ella Mae and others besides you who have weighed in on my thought, have logical points about his shoes. I was thinking of other reasons his shoes were “loosely tied,”but if he had any time walking with out shoes, the soles of his feet would no doubt give the ME clues.

Not too much has come out about this either, but this murder could likely have a torture aspect, and that’s where I was coming from. Not sure what to think except this young man who had ambition and potential seems to have had his life snuffed out in just the worst way.

Only my mind wandering. Only MHO.

I was thinking of other reasons his shoes were “loosely tied,”

BBM
I don't think there is anything strange about SS wearing loosely tied shoes. Teenagers around here wear them that way all the time. My grandsons do. I asked them once if they wore their shoes with the laces hanging loose and untied to let those teenage boy feet air out. I am sure that anyone who ever had a teenage son or grandson knows that smell very well. lol

JMO

I had the impression that MM was Democrat. That would generally imply (although not certain) a greater empathy and progressiveness toward gays. Of course I don't know how the Murdaugh side of the family felt or what their political leaning is/was.

I would appreciate further insight from you and others who have a better understanding of this area.

The Murdaughs are Democrats and have been Democrats since Democrats ruled the South (a long, long time).

There are so many things that do not add up about this case, it absolutely drives me crazy!
  • Is there any evidence that points to AM being an opiate addict and alcoholic for 10+ years? No car accidents, no whispers in the law community about being impaired in court, no rumors or innuendo from friends and frenemies, no OD's or other illness that could be attributed to a long-term addiction. He looks pretty healthy. Maybe this is proof that gingers really have no soul.
  • CES is AM's opiate dealer, an opiate dealer that has never been busted, not on LE radar as a drug supplier, nor seems to have supplied anyone else drugs besides AM.
  • Where did all the money go? AM's lawyers seem to be pushing the narrative that he stole from the law firm to fund his so-called drug addiction. Which brings me to...
  • Is CES rich? Are there any irregular bank deposits or signs of money laundering? You'd think 10+ years of supplying opiates to AM would afford him a more comfortable lifestyle than what he was living.
  • AM decided to fake his death because he thought his life insurance policy had a suicide clause? No way, he's a lawyer and can interpret the fine print.
I feel like AM's attorneys are treating the public like they are stupid in order to garner sympathy for their client and taint the jury pool.

I 100% believe AM killed his son and wife, probably with the help of CES. That the fake "hit man" debacle was a desperate attempt to persuade LE that he was not responsible for those deaths when it became apparent that they were focusing on him. And when LE didn't buy that narrative, he concocted this supposed opiate addiction as a means to enter "treatment", get some breathing room, and keep himself out of jail. Pitiful.

I think CES knows a lot more on AM than he is saying, for sure. There was that very strong wording of "Alex better not mess with me" that could almost be construed as a threat. If he didn't have something to hold over AM's head I do not think he would have dared to issue what was almost a challenge to AM.

JMO

The Murdaughs are Democrats and have been Democrats since Democrats ruled the South (a long, long time).

Interesting. Because the South is strongly GOP now, right?
So, does this mean that the Murdaugh's are supportive of gays? Would a potential gay relationship with a Murdaugh cause a problem?

Interesting. Because the South is strongly GOP now, right?
So, does this mean that the Murdaugh's are supportive of gays? Would a potential gay relationship with a Murdaugh cause a problem?

You are correct.
I don’t think it would cause a problem in their immediate family, although I do not know them personally.
I do think that it could have been more of a peer-related thing. Nothing premeditated but a group of guys taunting Stephen, which turned ugly. JMO

MM and PM were liabilities to AM.

Maggie by a potential divorce settlement would have cost him a pretty penny, not to mention a financial audit triggering a million questions.

Paul by the boat crash and impending criminal trial and civil trials (AM being named in the suit) would have been another wipe out of his finances.

If AM could orchestrate his 'attempted shooting' by a friend on the side of the road, and the alleged ripoff of his dearly departed housekeepers children, I don't think it's a stretch to think he is capable of much, much worse. He should be sitting in jail right now not in a cushy rehab.

MOO

This. And it would be a plus if those two had life insurance policies. Win win.

From Cody Alcorn FB

This is breaking following my interview this week with Eric Bland who is the attorney for the sons of Gloria Satterfield, the former housekeeper of Alex and Maggie Murdaugh.
“The law firm of Bland Richter, LLP is pleased to announce on behalf of the Estate of Gloria Satterfield (“Estate”) that on Friday October 1, 2021 a settlement was reached with attorney Cory Fleming, his law firm Moss, Kuhn and Fleming and their insurance carrier in connection with the pending lawsuit. Mr. Fleming and his firm agreed that the Estate will be paid back all legal fees and expenses Mr. Fleming and his law firm received from the $4,300,000 they recovered for the Estate in connection with the claims asserted against Alex Murdaugh for the death of Gloria Satterfied. In addition, their malpractice insurance carrier agreed to pay to the Estate their full policy limits of insurance. Mr. Fleming stepped forward and did the right thing by the Estate. Mr. Fleming and his law firm maintain, they—like others—were victims of Alex Murdaugh’s fraudulent scheme. A more comprehensive joint statement from Mr. Fleming, his firm, and the Satterfield Estate will be issued later this week. Mr. Fleming and his law firm were represented by Thomas Pendarvis from the Pendarvis Law Offices, P.C. in Beaufort, South Carolina and David Overstreet of Earhart Overstreet in Charleston, South Carolina. The estate will continue pursuing other culpable parties who resist acceptance of responsibility for their part in this tragic matter.”

Great news that these defendants settled quickly. Very glad for the Satterfield sons. Fortunately they were put in touch with attorney Eric Bland, who seems to be doing great work for them. JMO.

Very glad these young men are getting proper representation and results now. Three cheers for Bland!

I do have a hard time believing that CF didn’t have any suspicions about cases with AM. I am very happy for GS’s sons but hope everyone is still held accountable. There was/is some serious malfeasance and malpractice going on. OMHO.

I was just re-reading the story, below. Loveday says no one has come forward with a clue — is she saying NO ONE has called in to the tip line with leads? That is amazing and says a lot. I guess that might narrow down the list of potential suspects. :eek: MOO.

The $100,000 reward offered by Alex Murdaugh and his son, Buster, to help spur tips to solve the killings of Paul and Maggie Murdaugh, expired on Thursday.

<snipped>

We are disappointed that no one has stepped forward with any leads to solve the murder and claim the $100,000 reward. At this time the family is evaluating what additional steps can be taken to solve the murders of Maggie and Paul,” according to a statement from Amanda Loveday, a Murdaugh family spokesperson.
[BBM]

$100K reward for leads in Paul and Maggie Murdaugh killings expires today. What to know. | Island Packet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member