Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an off topic question. If you receive the reward money for a tip that gets BL found and arrested do you have to pay taxes on that $?
I know tips can be anonymous but when you're talking hundreds of thousands of dollars that's a lot of money for most people.

believe that IRS code says "income from any source," so yes

Do you have a link, please, to where it states they've had several properties that they've sold?

The reason I ask is because I also thought I'd read/heard this, but when I searched online yesterday I couldn't find anything to back up my thoughts, so figured I'd just dreamt it.

A property portfolio would certainly come in handy when needing to harbour a fugitive, that's for sure... ;)

MOO

Here are 2 I found on the Sarasota County property appraiser website.

https://www.sc-pa.com/propertysearch/parcel/details/0404051084

https://www.sc-pa.com/propertysearch/parcel/details/0428162040

MOO What was his motivation for slapping/hitting her (per the witness)? That was a premeditated act, it might have been a reaction to a situation but we decide how we react. With that same thought process, he wanted to hurt her, I don’t think her death was planned but I do think it was most likely premeditated. Premeditation can happen in an instant it does not have to be planned. Premeditation can be you made me so angry I’m going to kill you, an altercation that escalates, simmering anger that explodes. I think cause of death will help to know if it was premeditated. Strangling, multiple blows, deliberate actions as opposed to a single head wound that could result from a fall.

I didn't realise there was a distinct difference between "planned" and "premeditated".

Seems like a very plausible scenario. It's too bad BL didn't learn to leave her keys and phone with Gabby and take a walk to cool down.
There was no need to take her phone/keys to cause her to panic unless that was the point to make her panic.
He was afraid she was going to leave him stranded as well. They both feared the other would take off in the van without them.

I can't explain the truck, but it doesn't take much money to buy an older one.

The girlfriend in California comment isn't surprising. If this is Brian, the only thing that is curious is why he didn't refer to Gabby as his fiancé.

The Yosemite text message has several possible explanations. One of them is a storyline Brian is creating. He and Gabby argued and decided to separate and meet up in California. He's reinforcing the story when he shares it with other people.

If what Gabby's friend Rose Davis said is true, that Brian would sometimes hear voices, Brian's way of thinking and his ability to build a story that makes sense, could be fractured.

I see Brian as a deep thinker and someone who is fond of words, but he prefers them in a book. Socially he probably experiences constraints on his ability to communicate in a way that makes sense to others. I'm like this, too. I open my mouth and mischaracterize or misrepresent what I'm trying to convey. I can be articulate and intellectual, and also stilted and awkward.

Stress and anxiety can lock me inside my head, and when I try to speak I'm sometimes only able to provide a skeletal outline of what I'm wanting to convey.

"My girlfriend and I got into a fight. I need to get to California."
"My fiancé is back at the van doing work. I need to get to the van."

MOO

I like your comment. However - he did not seem awkward or inarticulate at the Moab stop, and that would seem to be a very high-stress situation, at least before he could see that he was not being looked at as the potential aggressor.

Yep. Everybody was "man" back in the day. :)
Yeah man, it was groovy. Outasight!
I can’t find the post asking about suggestions for the AT Trail moniker. I went out side to water my flowers and now heck, I don’t know where. Is this even the same thread? lol
Multitasking Sunday
Anyways, here’s a few to start with.

Malefactor’s Benefactor

Fifth Dimension

All Holds Barred

Absconder Beyond Her

Why didn't he get a plate? Even if he didn't realize it was BL until a few minutes after. He could have turned around, caught up and got the plates...
One account I read stated he did try to find the car again once he realized it looked like BL. But then presumably too much time had gone by. It is a good thing that he took it seriously enough to persist in reaching out to the authorities, even if it may not pan out.

I can verify that F-150's are as common as cornbread in the South. Many many of them on the road and for sale.
I agree. Lol can confirm. You can’t leave your house here in the south without seeing an F150 or a Silverado. There are TONS of them everywhere. Like you said…on the road & for sale. A lot for sale because they are very common “first trucks” for guys who turn 16. So you can find those ranging from brand new & a good chunk of change or older & relatively cheap. All IMO of course, but I have lived here all my life.

Aren't F-150s the bigger ones of the lineup? Or do they come in different sizes? Just thinking that if I'm hard up for cash (bc who knows when I can earn some more), I'm going to try to buy the cheapest clunker I think will get me to where I think I want to go.

I'm also thinking that if I'm so out of my mind (for whatever reason) that I'm asking strangers in NC/TN (wherever they were) at night for back roads directions to a place 2500 miles away bc I believe my dead girlfriend that I've recently spoken to is there, and there's a literal bounty on my head, how likely is it I've chosen and managed to find and acquire a vehicle to purchase on the down-low?

Yes, he could have stolen it, though absent (afaik) a sketchy legal history, he knows how to hot-wire a car? Or lucked into finding (and dared to risk being sighted/caught) one with the keys in it?
It's not the bigger of the line-up (there's 250, 350, etc) but it would be bigger than a Ranger. I think that's what you're asking. It would be the most inconspicuous option, color and all, but I'd be more inclined to believe it was choice made by a lack of options.

I didn't realise there was a distinct difference between "planned" and "premeditated".
My understanding is it turns to premeditated when a decision is made to harm them.
Premeditation
Someone premeditates a crime by considering it before committing it. Premeditation requires that the defendant think out the act, no matter how quickly—it can be as simple deciding to pick up a hammer that is lying nearby and to use it as a weapon.

What is premeditated and deliberate conduct?

Yes. He is from Florida, not NC or TN. I wonder where he went, if he hiked the AT, if he went home, if he is still trying to get anyone to listen to him.
He could find the nearest Precinct or Sheriff's Barracks right on his phone I'd think. MOO

I have an off topic question. If you receive the reward money for a tip that gets BL found and arrested do you have to pay taxes on that $?
I know tips can be anonymous but when you're talking hundreds of thousands of dollars that's a lot of money for most people.
Reward money is taxable income in the US.

If, hypothetically, the engineer really did see BL, perhaps BL is in a complete psychological break (potentially has been off and on this whole time) and believes Gabby is alive and called him. He could think that is real in his mind. I kind of hope this is the case… seems easier to find in a vehicle traveling through towns than hiding on foot in nature.

It's not the bigger of the line-up (there's 250, 350, etc) but it would be bigger than a Ranger. I think that's what you're asking. It would be the most inconspicuous option, color and all, but I'd be more inclined to believe it was choice made by a lack of options.
I agree that it was probably a lack of options, but I could most likely go a block from my house and see at least 3 or 4 white Ford F150s. Imo

MOO What was his motivation for slapping/hitting her (per the witness)? That was a premeditated act, it might have been a reaction to a situation but we decide how we react. With that same thought process, he wanted to hurt her, I don’t think her death was planned but I do think it was most likely premeditated. Premeditation can happen in an instant it does not have to be planned. Premeditation can be you made me so angry I’m going to kill you, an altercation that escalates, simmering anger that explodes. I think cause of death will help to know if it was premeditated. Strangling, multiple blows, deliberate actions as opposed to a single head wound that could result from a fall.
I think there is a difference between aggressively slapping someone to hurt them and slapping them away from you. I think Brian was trying to get away from her and slapped and pushed her away as she followed him up and down the street. When that didn't work he tried to lock himself into the van. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa