Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on this thread mentioned a scenario wherein BL could be shot by a vigilante or vigilantes. I just saw this tweet from a verified account so I'm hoping it is allowed. The person is a Tennessee state representative.

His words:

"This Laundrie dude has been spotted in Cocke county. Someone should have told him that this is the wrong place in TN to hide. My people will shoot thugs like this dead."

https://twitter.com/JeremyFaison4TN/status/1444755325815513092

Just says private owner. It's a bigger one. Can carry 10 people. It's flying pretty low considering the mountain range. But I have been checking on that area along the AT the past few days and this is the first helo that I have seen. o_O

I’m wondering if you see any helicopters where BL might be if he got on the Trans America trail, assuming he found it, in eastern Tennessee where he met the hiker around one in the morning and drove 6-seven hours until it started to get light? Where would that put him? Is anyone checking that area out? Maybe his plan is to drive at night pitch a tent on free government lands during the day.

Does the FBI have to give warning that they are coming?
I honestly don’t know how it would work in this particular case; what justification or warrant they would need to suddenly raid a home without warning.

I'm afraid I'm not buying Dennis Davis' story. It is indeed interesting but I think this was simply a case of mistaken identity. I would also ask Mr. Davis if he got a look at the gentleman's ears? Brian has pointy, distinctly shaped ears. However, unless Brian is completely out of his mind and had yet another* psychotic break why would he still be telling random strangers he had a fight with his girlfriend and she loves him? Like if this was Brian is he just drifting round the country thinking Gabby is still alive and he's trying to "find" her? Plausible and also very creepy if that's the case. One would think if you did encounter him he would simply ask for directions and walk away rather than give a portion of a life story. This whole encounter reads more like a ghost story on the Appalachian Trail or, simply a man in a dark bandanna probably on meth.
I can't rule out the psychotic break just as you described it. I experienced an incident in my family that most of you would think I made up. I simply don't have enough info to decide yet. Ime

So do we have a confirmation that this flight back to FL and then back to UTAH really did happen ? I blinked and missed that. If it did happen I am very suspicious as to the motivations - I don't think emptying out a storage container to save money is the full story. KG
I don't believe that we have heard the real story about this flight back to Florida to clear out a storage unit and then a flight back to Utah. The cost of the flight alone would have probably paid for a few months of the rent for a storage unit. JMO

If he's indeed on the run and trying to evade detection, it seems strange to me he'd mention anything about a fight with his girlfriend at all, as this recent witness has recounted the person he's so sure was Laundrie did. All while he's the sole person of interest in a homicide case involving his own fiancee? One would think he would avoid making any comments to anyone that might make him more recognizable.
Yes, but he hasn't been silent. He told the couple who picked him up hitchhiking in Wyoming that his fiancé was back at the van doing work. It could have been Brian feeling uncomfortable and chatty, but it's certainly curious.

And so in my opinion it makes sense that he would continue to do this.

Well, if that was indeed Brian Laundrie in the pickup truck, in some sort of a fugue state, maybe they should start monitoring the location in CA that he and Gabby had planned to head to. Perhaps in a psychologically stressed mind someone could hear voices, block out what he may have done to her, and think she’s calling him to meet her there as planned? I know. This isn’t a movie or book plot, but…

Or is Occam’s Razor at play here (the simplest answer is usually the answer)? Meaning, perhaps he did commit suicide near the FL home but not in the reserve. Maybe south of there (weren’t all searches north of the highway and parking area?) where no one has searched?

And of course BL could be dead in the reserve, just undiscovered. I don't buy that he has a truck and stopped to ask a passerby directions. His face in dim lighting in the dark, I don't think that witness can be positive it was BL. So often sightings are false in these types of cases.

No, he would be recognized and captured in Asheville. He is near the AT trail, where there isn't much cell phone service, in his Ford pickup truck and he only comes out at night and I think he is losing his mind also. Someone will find him, it's only a matter of time.
Yes, he would be recognized in downtown Asheville but there are many small mountain towns around Asheville where he could go undetected especially if he’s moving at night.

Yes, he would be recognized in downtown Asheville but there are many small mountain towns around Asheville where he could go undetected especially if he’s moving at night.

I don't know. Most people have heard about him. He may come near to Asheville for supplies, but people who run even little stores would likely recognize him.

I think some.guy that.looks.like Brian went out a d asked this guy for directions! He knows.ppl.are.looking for him and decided to have.some.fun at someone else's expense! I do not think.for a.moment that was BL.

Jmo

If you have ever been to Eastern NC, you can :0)
I have stayed on the outer banks many times. It’s lovely. Don’t know what you mean by that.
In an attempt to diffuse this bickering, I never said I thought he went to California North Carolina. I posted that there were two California’s in North Carolina. That’s it. So to me, it’s either, that it wasn’t Brian Laundry and it was just some guy trying to go to California, North Carolina, or it was BL trying to go to California or North Carolina.

I have been active on Websleuths for only 5 cases - for whatever reason these were the only ones that called me. The other 4 the perp was apprehended and is either in prison, offed himself, or is awaiting trial. This case is the 5th. It will happen.
It doesn't always, though. My first case here was Crystal Rogers. The person responsible was known from the beginning. Despite FBI involvement, that man is still living in the community and has not been brought to justice. She had FIVE kids. Her parents never gave up. The community hasn't given up. Yet Brooks Houck is a free man today still.

Why do you think it's obvious? I don't have an opinion until we hear more, but curious why you don't think it's possible.

If he's alive he wouldn't be asking somebody for directions. It would be pretty much the last thing he would do. Where did he get the pickup? Why no phone so he can get his own directions? He would need money for gas... it was dark... There's just no way. Does not add up at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288