Resolved UK - Hatfield, *GRAPHIC* Whtmale 25-40, XBOX clothes, boots w/paint, Conquer bike, Sep'21 - N/A

StillDiggin

Reaction score
Can you help Hertfordshire Police to identify a male who was found deceased in Hatfield on 8th September 2021? For further information and images please see UK Missing Persons Unit

Age range
25 - 40
Ethnicity
White European
Height
172cm (5 Ft 7 Ins)
Build
Thin
Date found
08 September 2021
Body or remains
Body
Circumstances
The male was found deceased on the 9th September 2021.
Hair
Dark (Very Short Dark Blonde Hair, Blonde Stubble) - Short
Facial hair
Stubble
Eye colour
Blue
Eye colour detail
Light Eyes
Clothing
Shirt/Blouse - T-Shirt - Blue - Unknown - Addidas T-Shirt

Trousers - Jogging - Grey - Unknown - Xbox Tracksuit Bottoms, XBOX Written On Right Leg, Green Stripes Down Either Side

Jumper - Hooded - Grey - Unknown - XBOX Written Across Chest In Green

Footwear - Boots - Black - Unknown - Black/Brown - Unknown Make, Work/Safety Boots With Paint Splattered On Them.

Jewellery
Watch - 1 - Black Cassio Watch On Left Wrist

Possessions
Empty bottle of Jameson's Whiskey, empty large bottle of beer, black and red back pack, black man bag, bottle of water, empty cheese and onion sandwich, empty packet of fridge raisers, some coins, tobacco, some lighters and a bicycle.

More context is needed. How did he die? He's just lying there seemingly uninjured. If he'd collapsed off of his bike presumably he'd be visibly injured and have scuffed clothes, although he could have fallen in such a way that his face was spared. It almost seems like he got off his bike, left it in the road, laid down and died? That's just what the photos seem like, although whoever found him may have moved the body.

Given his empty drink bottles I wonder if he had problem with alcohol. Although normally people with alcohol poisoning wonder around a lot rather than laying down delicately, and he would have probably wondered far from his bike.

Given the fridge raisers and paint on his shoes I wonder if he worked as a decorator.

He looks towards the younger end of 25-40 to me. I would have guessed late 20's. I really don't think he's near 40, especially given his drinking and smoking which would have aged him faster than average.

So much information missing. We mainly need to know the cause of death. I wonder if he had an unexpected medical event like a heart attack, felt ill and lied down. Without his phone he couldn't call for help.

Quite often, the first thing young people know about congenital heart problems is their first major cardiac event. This famously happened to footballer Fabrice Muamba during a match. Exerting himself on his bike would have made him a bit more vulnerable to such events.

He wouldn't have been travelling far, it's not a road cycling bike that serious cyclists who travel long distances tend to use. He's also not equipped for a long bike ride.

I can't seem to find this case on the UK missing Persons Unit website anymore. The link in the OP now goes to their homepage. Perhaps he's been identified?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back