Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I am now wondering how do we know that the storage unit stuff was moved to the L’s garage? Did I miss that ?

The source of this information is Gabby's Mom. The one that the Laundries wouldn't talk to. We must therefore assume she learned the info when it happened. I think it was just some BS cover story. The only thing that makes sense is that they broke up so he flew home and put her stuff into storage.

Not only that - that storage unit must have been massive: it took >5 days (!) to move the items. Hmmm, sure, makes sense.

Do we know for sure exactly how many days he was gone? Could have been dates for extra cheap or free airline ticket. Also, BL might have had other business to tend to as well. Maybe clear garage to make room for stuff, organize, pitch.

Dog the Bounty Hunter working to confirm tip on Brian Laundrie

Dog the Bounty Hunter has been working to confirm a tip about a recent sighting of Brian Laundrie near the Appalachian Trail, it was revealed Sunday.

We’re doing everything we can to verify Dennis’ tip but there isn’t much to go off other than the location. But we’re working that tip for sure.

Lyssa, 34, said she has been running down close to 3,000 tips that have flooded into the 833-TELLDOG hotline during the past week. Dog has suspected Laundrie was hiding out on the Appalachian Trail since his hunt began a week ago.

Dog has also continued to search for Laundrie in Pinellas County on the west central coast of Florida on Sunday. The bounty hunter will remain there until there is concrete evidence to look elsewhere.

This is what Gabby's mum and step-dad said about Brian coming back to help with the storage unit.

.....She's also questioning Brian's trip back to Florida in August to help his father move their belongings out of a storage unit.

Brian left Gabby in the Fairfield Inn in Salt Lake City and flew back home to Florida from August 17 to the 23 to help his father empty out a storage unit where he and Gabby had their things.

According to Schmidt, Brian's father offered to let them keep their belongings at his house so they wouldn't have to pay for the storage unit.

He left Gabby at the hotel so she, understandably, wouldn't be alone in the van. Brian then flew back to Utah and they left the hotel together on August 24.

Schmidt now wonders why it was necessary to move Gabby's things during their road trip and what became of her stuff.

'Where are her things?' she asked......

Boyfriend of missing Gabby Petito returned to Florida alone 10 DAYS before she was reported missing | Daily Mail Online
When you think about it, the traffic stop was on the 12th, he left on the 17th and returned on the 23rd. They were probably not getting along after that police encounter. They were obviously on need of a break from each other and from living out of a van so maybe he used the storage situation as a reason to get away. Possibly he moved all of her belongings to the storage, with the idea that they were breaking up. If he went back and told Gabby what he had done, that probably didn't go over very well. He returns on the 23rd. If what he told the lady who picked him up hitchhiking is true--that he had been hiking and sleeping on a tarp on his own for a few days, it sounds like he no sooner got back from Florida before he took off again. There were only a few days between when he returned and when Gabby was last seen. All told, they didn't spend much time at all together after the encounter with the police. I doubt they ever recovered from the fight that day on the 12th.

This is what Gabby's mum and step-dad said about Brian coming back to help with the storage unit.

.....She's also questioning Brian's trip back to Florida in August to help his father move their belongings out of a storage unit.

Brian left Gabby in the Fairfield Inn in Salt Lake City and flew back home to Florida from August 17 to the 23 to help his father empty out a storage unit where he and Gabby had their things.

According to Schmidt, Brian's father offered to let them keep their belongings at his house so they wouldn't have to pay for the storage unit.

He left Gabby at the hotel so she, understandably, wouldn't be alone in the van. Brian then flew back to Utah and they left the hotel together on August 24.

Schmidt now wonders why it was necessary to move Gabby's things during their road trip and what became of her stuff.

'Where are her things?' she asked......

Boyfriend of missing Gabby Petito returned to Florida alone 10 DAYS before she was reported missing | Daily Mail Online
Removed double post.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen any safety warnings go out to those along the Appalachian Trail or the reserve? I am concerned about the safety of the citizens who may encounter this POI. We already know of one dead individual; we don't want more before he is captured. Anyone see any warning to the public instructing them what to do if they encounter him?

Amateur opinion and speculation only
AT Conservancy posts trail updates for different sections of the trail https://appalachiantrail.org/trail-updates/state/
AT Convservancy posted on 8/28 on FB that they have "...not received information on the whereabouts of Brian Laundrie from law enforcement officials or from our government agency partners. The ATC, in its mission to protect, manage, and advocate for the Appalachian Trail, will assist law enforcement in any feasible capacity if/when we are provided with this information and asked to assist."

I live 8 miles from an AT overlook and get to other access points in under 10 miles. Haven't seen or heard of any warnings of BL. It's possible AT thru-hikers get alerted to warnings like this during their registration process. Staff/volunteers/ thru-hikers/backpackers and others spending dedicated stretches of time there may receive info to be aware of the situation.

Leaves are starting to change color so the AT will see even more visitors in coming days/weeks. If he's along the trail somewhere maybe that will flush him out!
Explore by State

Re. speculation that BL is in his parent's house hiding out, some of us may just think that's an interesting theory. We don't know where he is so why not pan out and consider all possibilities? Most theories WSleuthians suggest in this case seem possible at this point. We simply don't know yet. I do respect the insights of WS posters who say they have a strong sense one way or another re. his location(s).

This is my 2nd WS case to follow and I had firm convictions for the other case - but this one is something else. I want to believe that LE knows much more than we do and that BL's parents' steely shell will eventually crack. We'll see justice for GP - I feel certain about that.

BL is thought to have left on 17th and returned on 23rd. There hasn’t been much in the way of sightings of GP during that time but some content was posted on various channels, some of which is not thought to reflect where she/they actually were at the time. Makes sense, she’s got plenty time on her hands and she’s not going to share their real predicament with followers.

Insta posted on 19/8: Login • Instagram

YT posted on 19/8:

TikTok from 20/8: TikTok

TikTok from 21/8: TikTok

I called this out back on Thread #35. I'm sure I'm not the only one that can't keep up on all of the posts in these pages and threads - but Wow! Has no one else had any concerns about this until now?!

This is too much. They have all of her things. No arrest warrant because Gabby is dead so she cannot have them arrested for taking her things. They are real pieces of work. I’m starting to think the whole family are a bunch of demons.

Hahahahahaha. Love it.

But I don’t give him that much credit.

I can’t stand the sight of BL so I’ve never watched him in any video nor looked at his photo with more than a brief glance. The duck feet thing has me almost curious enough to take a peek though. It sounds like a birth defect.

And I don’t want to get into making fun of his appearance but I suspect he has more than one defect. His head and face shape remind me of photos I’ve seen of people with fetal alcohol syndrome. Maybe his mom is or was a big drinker.

Ok I just saw the duck walk. A YouTube video of just that creature’s feet. It is unreal. The guy is part duck.

My experience tells me that a contact with LE is a huge stressor. Even policemen say they are nervous around police and would like to avoid any detention by police.

And that's just worrying about traffic stops - people get anxious.

This was not a traffic stop. This was a criminal charge. They both knew that. It's awful to suddenly find yourself in that situation, when you thought it was just a kind of regular "couple's spat." If they had been on the streets of SF, not only would no one have called LE, but no one would have answered, and LE would not have come. They'd have directed you to their online report system.

I know this from personal experience. I was pretty amazed that so many LE showed up to this call in Moab...but it's Moab. They have their own community policing (clearly) and to my eyes, they're not at all inept. LE most other places I know about/have lived is much thinner.

In a perfect world the Moab LE incident would have prompted GP and BL to separate or seek help. Instead it may have become just another point of contention in an already deteriorating relationship. IMO.

Bringing this back from like 27 threads ago, but someone here posted a link for nomadic statik’s webpage before it was password protected? I think it was on the way back machine. Can’t get it to pull up. :/

When you think about it, the traffic stop was on the 12th, he left on the 17th and returned on the 23rd. They were probably not getting along after that police encounter. They were obviously on need of a break from each other and from living out of a van so maybe he used the storage situation as a reason to get away. Possibly he moved all of her belongings to the storage, with the idea that they were breaking up. If he went back and told Gabby what he had done, that probably didn't go over very well. He returns on the 23rd. If what he told the lady who picked him up hitchhiking is true--that he had been hiking and sleeping on a tarp on his own for a few days, it sounds like he no sooner got back from Florida before he took off again. There were only a few days between when he returned and when Gabby was last seen. All told, they didn't spend much time at all together after the encounter with the police. Evidently, they never recovered from the fight that day on the 12th.

I feel the same way.

Any thoughts on how he would have flown? Which airports he might have used etc?

I can see why GP would have stuff in storage if she moved there from Wilmington, but I don't get why BL would put stuff in storage, since he lived with his parents to begin with. All I can think is that he put some stuff in storage to make room for Gabby moving in 2 years ago. So, were they planning not to return to Fla at all after the trip? Maybe he went home to take his stuff from storage and move it back to his parents AND took her stuff from his parents to put it in storage with the rest of her stuff. There. Break-up accomplished! Except that he then went back to SLC and killed her 4 days later. So maybe NONE of GP's stuff is currently at his parents, but in storage, and all those boxes in the garage are his stuff that he took out of storage to move back to his parents. Gabby may not have known that that's what he did and neither does her mom. ???? Does this make any sense? jmo

BL is thought to have left on 17th and returned on 23rd. There hasn’t been much in the way of sightings of GP during that time but some content was posted on various channels, some of which is not thought to reflect where she/they actually were at the time. Makes sense, she’s got plenty time on her hands and she’s not going to share their real predicament with followers.

Insta posted on 19/8: Login • Instagram

YT posted on 19/8:

TikTok from 20/8: TikTok

TikTok from 21/8: TikTok

One thing stood out to me in the TikTok video from 8/20. BL is popping open a bottle of Freixenet cordon negro brut cava. I recognize the bottle. AP told the police that neither of them drank during the Police bodycam footage. That is definitely alcohol.

MOO.

Last edited:
"Hi son."
"Hi Dad."
"Can you fly back home and move your stuff (out or in) from the storage unit?"
"Sure."
What a hassle. You're on the dream vacation of a lifetime. The adventure to forever remember.
Now, you have to cut it short to do something as banal as move stuff? Something you can do when you return?
I don't know who's worse. Them for asking or him for returning.
What's with that?
MOO

Good point! I missed that!

5 days for 2 big men to move a storage unit? or move into a storage unit?

nah.

Something else was going on.

moo.
With my very limited knowledge of what was actually going on, my theory is that Brian went to Florida to take a break. It had only been 5 days since the police incident--he more than likely made the flight reservations a few days before hand, so the plans seem to have been made right after that fight on the 12th. He may have used moving things out of the storage as an excuse, but may actually have moved whatever Gabby had left in the house over to storage with the intent that she would not be returning due to a break in their relationship. (There was a post earlier that LE had stated that nothing of Gabby's was in the house when they went there.) I would guess that when he returned, there was no intention of keeping the relationship in tact, and they continued fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa