Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I was able to obtain on search her hotel stay. It is said "where she was last seen publicly"Gabby Petito's Utah hotel, where she was last seen publicly, was 2 blocks from FBI field office: report

I'm wondering if she took off before BL returned. Assuming he even left. Tracked via phone location tracking her and hitched his way to her.

Edit for typos

Timeline of the "flight home" was that he returned on the 23rd. On the 24th they were photographed leaving the SLC hotel together. For all I know, there is absolutely no witness statement, tiktok, body cam, Instagram, or msm article that GP ever wanted to be separated from BL other than the girlfriend who said that after they had a fight she would often come to stay at her house for the night. Its unlikely that BL would have ever had to hunt her down.

Not sure whether these series of tweets were posted or not

https://mobile.twitter.com/wflajb

J.B. Biunno
@WFLAJB

·
Oct 1

On Cassie Laundrie: The public deserves to hear the full, unedited interview she did with
@GMA
. Hoping that
@ABC
releases it to clear up any possible contextual murkiness surrounding what she meant by “I haven’t been able to talk to him.”

….

J.B. Biunno
@WFLAJB

·
Oct 1

To all on this thread, yes I’ve seen the transcript, but I want to hear/see the full, unedited interview Cassie Laundrie did with
@GMA
. I think it’s important to gain a full understanding of that exchange about not hearing from #BrianLaundrie.

J.B. Biunno
@WFLAJB

·
Oct 2

#CassieLaundrie Interview Update:
@GMA
has restored the link & published a *modified* video report of the original Cassie Laundrie story, and they removed this specific line by the reporter: “she hasn’t spoken to her brother since he returned to his home in Florida.”

J.B. Biunno
@WFLAJB

·
Oct 2

Link below. You’ll notice that
@ABC
has removed the written article but writes in the video caption, “Editor’s note: This story has been updated with additional quotes.”

J.B. Biunno
@WFLAJB

·
Oct 2

Reporter on
@GMA
: “What’s, just kind of as his sister, the oddest thing to you about all this, if you had to?” Cassie Laundrie: “That I haven’t been able to talk to him. I wish I could talk to him.”

J.B. Biunno
@WFLAJB

·
Oct 2

It’s worth nothing that Steven Bertolino, Laundrie’s attorney, said that Cassie “misinterpreted” the question. Although it’s worth asking, how do you misinterpret such an open-ended question that didn’t directly inquire as to whether she had spoken to him?

J.B. Biunno
@WFLAJB

·
Oct 2

Last of Thread: So was Cassie Laundrie taken out of context? Or did she really insinuate that she hadn’t seen Brian Laundrie since he returned to Florida without Gabby on September 1?

Timeline of the "flight home" was that he returned on the 23rd. On the 24th they were photographed leaving the SLC hotel together. For all I know, there is absolutely no witness statement, tiktok, body cam, Instagram, or msm article that GP ever wanted to be separated from BL other than the girlfriend who said that after they had a fight she would often come to stay at her house for the night. Its unlikely that BL would have ever had to hunt her down.
Ty

LOL I've been here all along but the threads have moved at lightening speed for awhile and I'm just ow realizing how much we really don't know!

Therein lies the concerning part, as we all know.
We know the neighborhood is full of ***********.... but none of them have mentioned seeing any type of "moving" projects (moving stuff from or to storage or garage).

Even so, all of this is easily verifiable for the FBI if they can snag them on that they may use it to turn up the heat.

Cops in Gabby Petito bodycam named as emails 'cast doubt on police'

QUESTIONS RAISED
Police released Robbins' body camera video of the incident on September 16, five days after Gabby was reported missing, but it took them 14 more days to release Pratt's video, despite numerous requests.

Moab Police Acting Chief Braydon Palmer told KUTV that the delay was caused by the small department being overloaded by requests for the video.

However, emails obtained by the network have cast doubt on Palmer's story, suggesting it may have been pressure from the former Grand County attorney, Happy Morgan, that forced the department's hand.

The following day, KUTV reports that Morgan wrote an email to Palmer, who is currently in charge of the department after Chief Bret Edge took an absence of leave amid an investigation into Moab PD's handling of the incident.

Palmer responded to Morgan within the hour, saying he planned to release Pratt’s body camera video the following day.

Article can be read in its entirety at the link above

It gave them something that they could use to charge him with a crime, which would obviously allow law enforcement to hold him once he was found.

The investigation into Gabby's death will take time, as they are waiting on the autopsy report, and likely still gathering and processing evidence.

Proving that someone was murdered is one thing, but proving that Brian was the one who murdered Gabby is another thing entirely.

I have every confidence they will get there.

There is also the possibility that LE doesn't want to release whatever evidence they know about GP's killing until after they have BL in custody just in case BL hasn't already gotten rid of whatever it is that might tie him to that evidence. Probably a stretch by now, but there is still stuff in the Laundrie home they haven't carted away. Plus, I really don't want to think about the possibility that LE doesn't have anything that directly ties him to the homicide so I'm grasping at straws.

the question is, was there something BL needed to hide or get rid of even before Gabby went missing? Did he have something incriminating on him after having been in Moab that he needed to deal with?

Its the one thing I don't get, in a relationship and you are a 22-year-old guy do you really nonchalantly leave and come back for 4-5 days? Others here though have said it was a planned event and everyone concerned knew beforehand, however?

It’s possible that law enforcement does not have a warrant for murder in this case in the off-chance BL makes it to another country (like Canada) that refuses extradition to the US in cases where the death penalty might be enacted. They may have plenty already to charge him. MOO

Okay, so the date is correct when he posted it but the place tagged doesn't necessarily mean it's correct? It had to have been posted Aug 13th, but could've been from anywhere not necessarily Utah?

AFAIK…yes..the date posted means activity on that date. The content of the post doesn’t necessarily reflect the date of the post, nor does it confirm a place of the post.

Moo.

On an average, how long does it usually seem to take LE to release a cause of death for a person who has been shortly missing, and then found and manner of death ruled a homicide? (Not taking anything in consideration related to a POI being on the run). Like if they know of no one else being involved, and I know everything is so individualized, but just a general idea of a timeline if there is an obvious cause...

The coroner normally releases the cause of death via the final Death Certificate. It can take some time due to backlogs in forensic crime labs and due to corpse presentation. The pandemic has contributed to the backlog with lack of lab personnel. Testing takes 8-12 weeks when everything is stable. Perhaps the FBI can get speedier results. Additionally, COD may be withheld until a particular POI is located.

As a For Instance:
FYI, I have followed the murders of RV’er’s James and Michelle Butler since they went “missing” on Padre Island. Once their bodies were recovered in October 2019, it took months and months for COD. And there are details that have not been released due to a gag order. The murderers trials have yet to occur due to COVID but March 2022 is the latest date set.

the question is, was there something BL needed to hide or get rid of even before Gabby went missing? Did he have something incriminating on him after having been in Moab that he needed to deal with?

My biggest drawback to the idea that he went home for some nefarious reason before going back to commit premeditated murder is that the location was a seriously stupid place to commit premeditated murder. There has to be a 1000 different locations within 50 miles of that spot to ditch a body that would never be found.

is it possible they were planning BL's escape even prior to GP's death?

You are so right................so NO ONE has reported seeing all the moving activity of dad and son in mid to late August. I like my moving scenario, but I think that you are correct in thinking it never happened. GP's mom , I believe, said in an interview, that they are not commenting on the storage story....so maybe FBI is hep to what really transpired and doesn't want that information to be public. jmo

I'd love to know when she checked out of the hotel if she was alone and if any hotel security footage.

BL was with her when she checked out.

Gabby was last seen on August 24 checking out of a hotel with Brian in Salt Lake City, Utah .
Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

Which means very little, because BL's trip back to FL was apparently August 17th-23rd.
He could have arrived back on 23rd, stayed with Gabby in the hotel for the night, and left with her the following day.

Last edited:
It’s possible that law enforcement does not have a warrant for murder in this case in the off-chance BL makes it to another country (like Canada) that refuses extradition to the US in cases where the death penalty might be enacted. They may have plenty already to charge him. MOO

That sounds highly likely, and a reason I haven't seen mentioned no less ../hmmm.

I'd love to know when she checked out of the hotel if she was alone and if any hotel security footage.

The fact that she was near the airport and he was flying back says to me that they left together.

What I really want to know is whether or not they arrived together. He left on the 17th. Did she book in on the 17th? That would tell us whether they broke up or not.

Therein lies the concerning part, as we all know.

Even so, all of this is easily verifiable for the FBI if they can snag them on that they may use it to turn up the heat.
Is it possible that the whole "storage unit" story was made up either to give BL a story that he was in FL during a certain time or that maybe they all knew Gabby may not be returning from the trip? Speculation, MOO

I just find that whole situation fishy to say the least. As far as i have seen there hasn't been verified proof that BL was in FL during that time. (not saying he wasn't though) We just don't know it to be fact or not

To my knowledge, storage companies have security cameras near the units they rent. I'm sure the FBI will have that in time. Whether the Laundries added to or subtracted from one of them, will inevitably come to light.

Definitely on the climate-controlled ones, not so sure how extensive coverage would be, and then there is do they have it recorded and stored etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa