CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobbi Pearl, some comments.
-Re 2) I believe the police did not take them out of the garage in order to not taint the garage as a possible crime scene. Don't forget, Barry's car was in the garage and they needed to preserve it and the garage and investigate it.
-Re 3) I put no faith in the "blue" description. The housekeeper AFAIK has no medical training, and blue could just be a metaphor for discoloured. Also, I wonder if it is possible that the blood could not drain from the head due to the belts- speculation only on my part. I feel the TPS has a tight handle on time of death, through scientific as well as other information.
-Re held hostage- the killers would have no idea if a family member could just show up the next day unexpectedly. Also, service providers could have visited the house, some of them had keys/access. It seems unlikely to me that they were held hostage into the next day. JMO
-Re The culprit/mastermind is someone that has complete influence and somewhat controls a family member. I agree with you that this is a definite possibility
- Re the house. It was probably pretty well unsellable given the notoriety of the murders. The family likely figured lets just tear it down and sell the land. Money foregone on the house was not a concern to them, the value to them was inconsequential. I do think it is terrible that they evidently didn't salvage and donate perfectly good things from the house to a charity or similar organization. And I also wonder why certain things were left in the house by the TPS as discussed in a published article from someone that entered the house before demolition.

Great reasoning and thoughts, I agree with your opinions too, all of this is "possible".

Sept 30 2021
Lawyers for estate of slain billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman warned of ‘violence’ and ‘kidnapping’ if files made public, but unsealed documents show they had no evidence
''When lawyers for the estate of murdered billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman asked a judge to seal probate files in 2018, they warned the court of “risks of violence and kidnapping” to heirs and the estate trustees if the files became public.

That specific written warning was footnoted to a sealed court document known until recently only as the “affidavit of AB.”

Sept 30 2021
Lawyers for estate of slain billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman warned of ‘violence’ and ‘kidnapping’ if files made public, but unsealed documents show they had no evidence
''When lawyers for the estate of murdered billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman asked a judge to seal probate files in 2018, they warned the court of “risks of violence and kidnapping” to heirs and the estate trustees if the files became public.

That specific written warning was footnoted to a sealed court document known until recently only as the “affidavit of AB.”

In my limited experience with the legal profession, I have found that lawyers often use exaggeration, hyperbole, and inflammatory language to win their point. 'Going up to the line, but not crossing it' in terms of misleading the court.

When the public and the likely the judge heard the phrases 'violence and kidnapping' they, no doubt felt there was a clear and present danger to the heirs, which in fact was not true. However the lawyers achieved their goal, which to them was all that mattered.

Full article @ link..
https://j99news.com/2021/10/01/real...unsealed-documents-show-they-had-no-evidence/

''AB turned out to be Bradley Krawczyk, husband of Sherman daughter Alexandra. Krawczyk was one of the four trustees appointed by the late Barry Sherman to handle their affairs.''

''Krawczyk swore the short statement with 13 paragraphs to justify the seal.''

''The Star has asked the Sherman children for an explanation as to why the Sherman property struggled so hard for so many years to keep the files sealed, especially given that there was very little information in the documents.

In an interview last December (before the Supreme Court ruling), Sherman’s son Jonathon said that while he, one of his father’s trustees, initially wanted the estate documents to be kept secret, he eventually changed his mind and hoped that the star would be successful in sealing them as they contain information he wants the newspaper to see. “My MO was fk Donovan, I do not want him to sneeze into my life …. My own personal view has changed …. There is nothing in there that is worth keeping a secret.”)

''As the star has previously reported, Jonathon and his sister, Alexandra, are fighting for control of the family fortune and philanthropy.''

Full article @ link..
https://j99news.com/2021/10/01/real...unsealed-documents-show-they-had-no-evidence/

''AB turned out to be Bradley Krawczyk, husband of Sherman daughter Alexandra. Krawczyk was one of the four trustees appointed by the late Barry Sherman to handle their affairs.''

''Krawczyk swore the short statement with 13 paragraphs to justify the seal.''

''The Star has asked the Sherman children for an explanation as to why the Sherman property struggled so hard for so many years to keep the files sealed, especially given that there was very little information in the documents.

In an interview last December (before the Supreme Court ruling), Sherman’s son Jonathon said that while he, one of his father’s trustees, initially wanted the estate documents to be kept secret, he eventually changed his mind and hoped that the star would be successful in sealing them as they contain information he wants the newspaper to see. “My MO was fk Donovan, I do not want him to sneeze into my life …. My own personal view has changed …. There is nothing in there that is worth keeping a secret.”)

''As the star has previously reported, Jonathon and his sister, Alexandra, are fighting for control of the family fortune and philanthropy.''

RBBM
Thank you, dotr!

Does anyone think it’s possible that KD was played? It seems that JS was the most annoyed with KD, maybe he was really the person pressing for the seal in order to waste KD’s time and resources knowing there was nothing worth protecting.

I know BK is AK’s husband (separated), but he’s also reportedly JS’s friend and technically his employee. Maybe JS asked him to do it.

(And lol at the ‘to sneeze’ comment. I think it may be ‘prying’ as the Toronto Star reported.)

bbm
Fighting against whom? Sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, ....?

bbm
Fighting against whom? Sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, ....?
Great point, had assumed what was meant was that AK and JS were battling each other for control - but who knows, maybe it is somebody else?

If indeed there was no real danger if the files were left open and nothing too exciting or controversial about the will, could it really be more about hiding a relationship ''that would otherwise be unknown''?
Speculation, imo.
Lots of info. @ link, did not finish reading it all so may not have copy/pasted, the most pertinent bits..
https://www.scc-csc.ca/WebDocuments-DocumentsWeb/38695/FM070_Respondent_Kevin-Donovan.pdf
''The Star’s investigation into the Shermans’ death also engages broader
scrutiny of the justice system, including the actions taken by police, as well as the public interest
in the regulation and taxation of large transfers of wealth. When Donovan learned the Estate Files
had been sealed, without notice to the media and with no information available, he commenced an
application to unseal them.
3. Since that time, the Appellants (the trustees of the Sherman estates and the estates
themselves (the “Estates”)), have fought unsealing at every stage. They assert that the privacy of
the estate trustees and beneficiaries (the “Sherman Trustees and Beneficiaries”) and security
concerns due to the murders justify overriding the open court principle that assures Canadians of
access to court proceedings and records. They continue to advocate for complete sealing of the
Estate Files, even after the Ontario Court of Appeal (“ONCA”) correctly held that they had not''

Last edited:
Great point, had assumed what was meant was that AK and JS were battling each other for control - but who knows, maybe it is somebody else?

If indeed there was no real danger if the files were left open and nothing too exciting or controversial about the will, could it really be more about hiding a relationship ''that would otherwise be unknown''?
Speculation, imo.
Lots of info. @ link, did not finish reading it all so may not have copy/pasted, the most pertinent bits..
https://www.scc-csc.ca/WebDocuments-DocumentsWeb/38695/FM070_Respondent_Kevin-Donovan.pdf
''The Star’s investigation into the Shermans’ death also engages broader
scrutiny of the justice system, including the actions taken by police, as well as the public interest
in the regulation and taxation of large transfers of wealth. When Donovan learned the Estate Files
had been sealed, without notice to the media and with no information available, he commenced an
application to unseal them.
3. Since that time, the Appellants (the trustees of the Sherman estates and the estates
themselves (the “Estates”)), have fought unsealing at every stage. They assert that the privacy of
the estate trustees and beneficiaries (the “Sherman Trustees and Beneficiaries”) and security
concerns due to the murders justify overriding the open court principle that assures Canadians of
access to court proceedings and records. They continue to advocate for complete sealing of the
Estate Files, even after the Ontario Court of Appeal (“ONCA”) correctly held that they had not''

O/T and ;););) Prince Philip's Will to Be Kept Private for 90 Years
"I have held that, because of the constitutional position of the Sovereign, it is appropriate to have a special practice in relation to royal wills," Sir Andrew said, per BBC. "There is a need to enhance the protection afforded to truly private aspects of the lives of this limited group of individuals in order to maintain the dignity of the Sovereign and close members of her family."

KD's latest article was just filler. It was the first article he has written in quite a while. If he had ANY news on developments, surely he would have written about it.
I fear even he is coming to the realization that this case is never going to be solved.

KD's latest article was just filler. It was the first article he has written in quite a while. If he had ANY news on developments, surely he would have written about it.
I fear even he is coming to the realization that this case is never going to be solved.
I agree that the article itself was filler. But I think his main purpose was that final sentence - JS and his sister are still at loggerheads, and who knows which side her ex, BK, is on.

Possibly unrelated, but wondering if this huge fire at a home under construction is the same spot where the Sherman home once stood?
speculation, fwiw..
Fire breaks out at house under construction in North York - CityNews Toronto
CTCN_WEB_PIC_OLD_COLONY_ROAD_FIRE_WIP_2021OCT5-e1633512775934.jpg

Firefighters at the scene of a three-alarm fire on Old Colony Road in North York on Oct. 6, 2021. CITYNEWS

Possibly unrelated, but wondering if this huge fire at a home under construction is the same spot where the Sherman home once stood?
speculation, fwiw..
CTCN_WEB_PIC_OLD_COLONY_ROAD_FIRE_WIP_2021OCT5-e1633512775934.jpg

Firefighters at the scene of a three-alarm fire on Old Colony Road in North York on Oct. 6, 2021. CITYNEWS
(!) Thank you for the information, dotr. ETA: I can’t link the photos or comments on twitter under this tweet, but it was an incredible fire.
Toronto Police Operations
@TPSOperations

FIRE: Old Colony Rd + Bayview Av 9:59pm - a house that is under construction is on fire - reports the flames are visible from Hwy 401 - police are on scene with
@Toronto_Fire
#GO1916262 ^lb

https://twitter.com/TPSOperations/status/1445572515959504900?s=20

ETA, just found this…(bbm):
Tracy Tong 唐麗盈
@TracyTongTV

·
19h

#DEVELOPING 3-alarm fire at a home under construction on Old Colony Rd in North York. It is a few doors down from billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman’s home where they were murdered in 2017. Photo by Desmond Brett
https://twitter.com/TracyTongTV/status/1445587116537237505?s=20

Last edited:
Old Colony neighbours must be freaked out, very curious to know the cause of the fire. imo.
Fire at mansion being built on Old Colony had TFS hopping

The Toronto Fire Service is still cleaning up from an all-night three-alarm fire at a mansion under construction on exclusive Old Colony Rd in North York. More than 50 units were required at the site of the fire which was spotted about 10 p.m. Tuesday.

Just saw this story and couldn't help but think of Honey & Barry...fwiw (it happened Sept 27 2018 ya'll likely saw it back then.)

Violent Toronto home invasion solved by a band-aid that was left behind | The Province

That’s terrible (!!) but interesting if it could be linked. BBM, from your link above:

“A search warrant for Owusu-Sarpong’s Jane St. apartment turned up three hard hats — two of them bloodstained with DNA traceable to the doctor — two construction vests, zip ties, a Taser, and a loaded handgun.”

Yonge & Eglinton. That’s 15 minutes from the Shermans’ former home. From google maps:
F687802F-7EE1-4B26-A300-FCCFD25B6534.png
(speculation): Being in construction clothes may explain why Honey might open the door to them and she was also injured. KD wrote that there were 160 break-ins in the Shermans former area within the year. I had wondered if they had continued robbing people after the murders and if there were changes to their patterns.

ETA: I imagine they’ve ruled out any connection to the crimes after this long.

Just saw this story and couldn't help but think of Honey & Barry...fwiw (it happened Sept 27 2018 ya'll likely saw it back then.)

Violent Toronto home invasion solved by a band-aid that was left behind | The Province
Good thing TPS didn't lock down the house for six weeks, so the victim's daughter could ultimately get in there and find the evidence leading to the culprit. imo.

from link above:

After Toronto Police finished dusting for fingerprints and taking photographs, they left and the doctor’s stepdaughter went upstairs to check if any of her late mother’s jewelry had been stolen. That’s when she noticed the bandage on the carpet of the master bedroom closet.

Video posted by Fire and Ambulance (hope it is fine to post) the last half is up close.
Luckily the new people had not yet moved in.
Just hoping that the house was not next to the one where LE showed up at the door at the time of the Sherman murders, although they had not phoned 911..
imo, speculation. rbbm.
Barry and Honey Sherman’s neighbours cite mysterious 911 call, visitor on day before billionaires found dead
''Toronto police were investigating a mysterious 911 call down the street from Barry and Honey Sherman’s home at the same time as the Apotex founder and his wife lay dead or dying, a Star investigation reveals.''

''At the scene, a brand-new two-story house that was still under construction became fully involved in flames that raged twice the height of the structure. Heavy flames raged out of the roof which quickly collapsed and through beautiful arch window openings. Firefighters battled the blaze relentlessly attempting to contain it to the one house in question, sporadically putting water on adjacent houses to protect exposure from the intense radiant heat that could be felt from a distance. Crews initially deployed an aerial water jet stream from the front of the residence and also fought the fire with ground hoses. A request to the City of Toronto was planned to increase water pressure in the sector due to high firefighting activity. Police also completely shut down Bayview both ways to allow a pumper truck to take water supply from a hydrant on the west side of the road, while the fire was burning on the east side of it. Paramedics were called in by firemen as well to take charge and assess a patient that took place in a neighboring house for discomfort. No other serious injuries were reported and bystanders explained that the house under construction was unoccupied and that the new owners were scheduled to move in soon.''

Not sure if mentioned previously, but a 'fire investigator' was called in to investigate the cause of this fire. I hope we will hear the outcome. I would've thought a brand new, still-being-built home in these days in the city of Toronto would use some kind of fire retardant products, so to me, it seems suspicious that the house went so devastatingly up in flames.

This home was said to have been a few doors down from the Sherman property. Interesting that the demolition of the previous house escaped our prying eyes. I don't believe there had been a vacant lot a few doors down at the time of the murders?

The Ontario fire marshal’s office has been notified after a three-alarm fire broke out at a house under construction in North York.

A fire investigator has been called in to determine the cause of the blaze.
Fire breaks out at home under construction in North York - Toronto | Globalnews.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle