Found Deceased SC - Sheridan Wahl, 21, Myrtle Beach, 19 Sep 2021

I don't know much about Instagram, but did anyone else notice that one instagram account with initials JR posted on a bunch of SW's pics 1 week ago? The posts are strings of different emojis followed by "......ba" [urban dictionary states "ba" means "badass"]?? Is this just spam? Seems weird to me. This person posted on every single photo from August 7 2020 to Sept 16 2021 except for two photos: the "stolencar" pic on Sept 17 and a bikini pic on Aug 30. All of the posts from this account were made 1 week ago, apparently on the same day.

Yup, just spam nonsense.

View attachment 315957 View attachment 315959

I don't think she loses control and accidentally ends up in the cornfield. The 1500 ft "plow" through the field is nearly straight, with no evidence that the car attempted to brake, reverse or change direction at any point. The red circled area on the Google map shows a dark, short "driveway" connecting Hwy. 378 to the cornfield. If she was speeding away from MB she would have had to have slowed way down to make that sharp 90° turn from the highway into that driveway to get into the cornfield. In my view, this action was not accidental but deliberate.

I know what you’re saying, but it might be possible to be accidental if the driver blacked out temporarily, removing their ability to brake or change direction until the car came to a rest. How it came to a rest though would be key in establishing whether the subsequent fire was started deliberately or not (ie impact or slowed to a stop). If the fire occurred ‘naturally’, and SW was in the car, she was lucky (at that point, at least) to come to and exit the car, or be pulled from it if she wasn’t alone.

All of that said, the aforementioned discussion around the use of the word “removed” for the number plates still hints at a deliberate abandonment of the car (though, playing D’s A once again, the word “removed” could describe the plates being ripped off in the journey through the field or impact with something like the ditch; you’d think they would be quickly located in that case though).

I wonder if the abduction didn't occur close to where the car was found. Possibly she was forced off the road or tricked into stopping. She was placed in another vehicle and her car immediately destroyed. She could have died anytime in the next 48 hours. This would require two people to kidnap her. The main weakness of this hypothesis is that this occurred on a US highway on a Sunday afternoon, and somebody would be likely to drive by.

I have the feeling that much information is being kept from the public. Her father is reported to have been driving around that afternoon looking for her. Obviously her mother realized something was wrong almost immediately. Where was he looking? If she started to drive back to Tampa he wouldn't be able to catch up with her. Was there something in the last call which made her mother think she might still be in Myrtle Beach?

Your observations of mania are spot on. And I could go with this EXCEPT, the one thing that is bothering me is that the license plates were removed. Were they removed before the crash? Immediately after the crash?

And, yes, I know that paranoia can be a part of extreme mania, but would she have actually have had the presence of mind to remove the plates? Did she have a screwdriver with her? Had she, or someone else, removed the plates well before the crash? Was she vulnerable and someone took advantage of this? Mania can lead to a person associating with people with less than noble intentions because common sense is lost.

LE is so, so silent. I really want to know what they know.

Was it actually reported the tags were removed or did the report say the car had “NO” tags.
If the car is a recent purchase and has paper tags issued from the dealership, the tags would be consumed in the fire. The person reporting the burned car may have just assumed the tags were removed because there was no metal tag.

Exactly. The hyper-condensed timeline - this is what's so confounding.

IF she was murdered, when did the killer have time to murder her? He would have been too busy driving 55 miles from MB to the Scranton cornfield. OR maybe when they hit the ditch in the cornfield, the killer forced SW to get out and they both ran into the nearby woods. Then, sometime during the next 42 hours, he dumps her body at the FD. But the FD is 10 MILES away. That means crossing vast fields and woods on foot if he wanted to avoid being seen with a missing woman, walking along Hwy 378. Would seem this murder scenario almost demands a second vehicle and/or an accomplice.

There's one other possibility, which is that she was carjacked after she left the area, she was delivered to a second vehicle, her car was torched, the carjacker got into the second vehicle (early report that man was seen fleeing/driving from scene), and she was later put at the back of the fire station water tower. This seems farfetched, but not impossible, which is one reason I started wondering about mental health and suicide.

Was it actually reported the tags were removed or did the report say the car had “NO” tags.
If the car is a recent purchase and has paper tags issued from the dealership, the tags would be consumed in the fire. The person reporting the burned car may have just assumed the tags were removed because there was no metal tag.

Linked upthread

upload_2021-10-4_9-31-54.png

There’s like zip about this case. I think it’s super bizarre. The timelines are odd, the location of car and body are odd. How in the world did her car get all that corn down? I figured it would have gotten stuck with how tall the corn stalks were. This is all imo jmo speculation, could someone else have made that trail into the field prior to her car going thru it? As a shortcut. Not even a suspect or anything, because the farmers in the area where I lived would do that to get to the roads easier with their tractors. Is this a possibility in this case? That maybe someone else utilized it? It just seems like such a clean cut for a car to do. My opinion tho. Just seems odd.

It is very strange that her phone did not answer after that last call and the calls went to vm. If she drove herself, the phone ought to have been with her, right? Where is it? I feel that Myrtle Beach PD is eager to remove the responsibility from their city - a tourist place, and they don’t need bad advertisement. And yet the last place where she was at least seen alive was that scooter shop.

Another thing. If she had her car, and the daytime weather in Myrtle beach in September was around 85 degrees Fahrenheit, how come she was able to walk around barefooted? And for how long? And how come no one noticed it? She might have burned her soles. No one reports the state of her feet when she was found. Walking on Myrtle Beach barefooted, and then, 10 miles through the field, she must have been injured…was she?

There’s like zip about this case. I think it’s super bizarre. The timelines are odd, the location of car and body are odd. How in the world did her car get all that corn down? I figured it would have gotten stuck with how tall the corn stalks were. This is all imo jmo speculation, could someone else have made that trail into the field prior to her car going thru it? As a shortcut. Not even a suspect or anything, because the farmers in the area where I lived would do that to get to the roads easier with their tractors. Is this a possibility in this case? That maybe someone else utilized it? It just seems like such a clean cut for a car to do. My opinion tho. Just seems odd.

I agree. I think the path already existed before the car was driven through it. I've been looking at a couple of circumstances where vehicles are driven into corn fields whether by design or accident. They rarely take a path so long because the mown down corn stalks hamper movement.

The Toyota Corolla has a ground clearance of about 6.7 inches. That is incredibly low for a TC to motor through a mature corn field as far as it did. Plus, cornfields aren't smooth, they were ploughed leaving large humps of earth in rows. I believe the clean cut of the path was created by the farmer.

What it does suggest, IMO, is that someone may have been familiar with the path. There would have to be a strange confluence of events for a vehicle, possibly stolen from a dead woman, to end up 55 miles away and end up in that particular field. Possibly the individual who drove the car didn't expect it to go on fire after trying to find a shortcut to a different location.

It is very strange that her phone did not answer after that last call and the calls went to vm. If she drove herself, the phone ought to have been with her, right? Where is it? I feel that Myrtle Beach PD is eager to remove the responsibility from their city - a tourist place, and they don’t need bad advertisement. And yet the last place where she was at least seen alive was that scooter shop.

Another thing. If she had her car, and the daytime weather in Myrtle beach in September was around 85 degrees Fahrenheit, how come she was able to walk around barefooted? And for how long? And how come no one noticed it? She might have burned her soles. No one reports the state of her feet when she was found. Walking on Myrtle Beach barefooted, and then, 10 miles through the field, she must have been injured…was she?

The only thing I am thinking as that nowhere have I read that she was barefoot at the scooter place. She just said she didnt have shoes so they wouldnt rent one to her. That could very well mean she had flip flops/sandals on and they do not rent scooters to someone without close-toed shows on for liability purposes. I do believe it was stated in the police report no shoes/barefoot which could also mean if she had flip flops on they fell off or something? But I just think the scooter rental people are assuming that meant barefoot maybe.

The only thing I am thinking as that nowhere have I read that she was barefoot at the scooter place. She just said she didnt have shoes so they wouldnt rent one to her. That could very well mean she had flip flops/sandals on and they do not rent scooters to someone without close-toed shows on for liability purposes. I do believe it was stated in the police report no shoes/barefoot which could also mean if she had flip flops on they fell off or something? But I just think the scooter rental people are assuming that meant barefoot maybe.

I have family and friends in Florida, and they seem to live in flip flops and shorts. The weather rarely gets below 70 in some areas.
I could understand a scooter business requirement for closed toed shoes and it makes sense for someone to be denied a rental over not having “shoes” when the person is wearing flip flops.

I read somewhere yesterday that there were no shoes found on/near her body, though.

Re: mania vs. abduction/murder. Doesn't have to be either/or. In fact, being in the throes of a manic episode would make her far more vulnerable to victimization.

JMO.

I totally agree with you. However - do we have any official statement about her mental illness? If not, I won’t even comment on it until we get more information, officially.

Ok so with all the shoe talk I realized that we could just call and ask.. So I did. The lady that answered the phone said scooters aren't rented by the hour but for 3 hours at 70 dollars. I asked about any shoe requirements. She said there were none. I the again asked so you dont have to wear tennis shoes and she said no. Then she said you can wear sandals or flip flops. You just want something on the bottom of your foot for when you put your foot down. Im assuming she meant for the hot concrete.

So if she had on any sandals or flip flops at all then she could have rented a scooter.

Could she have offered her car to someone for cash - on the condition they get rid of it? Perhaps her plan was to report it stolen - for some unknown reason or no reason if she was in some sort of confused state. If she is a user, perhaps she took the money to buy drugs (might explain those poor bare feet being walked on)... and died of an OD behind the fire station. She's that close to getting help....

I have suspected there could be more to the story at the scooter rental. Perhaps it was coupled with a behavior, but the reason quoted has just been regarding no shoes. My opinion.

Ok so with all the shoe talk I realized that we could just call and ask.. So I did. The lady that answered the phone said scooters aren't rented by the hour but for 3 hours at 70 dollars. I asked about any shoe requirements. She said there were none. I the again asked so you dont have to wear tennis shoes and she said no. Then she said you can wear sandals or flip flops. You just want something on the bottom of your foot for when you put your foot down. Im assuming she meant for the hot concrete.

So if she had on any sandals or flip flops at all then she could have rented a scooter.
I wasnt aware we knew what particular scooter rental place she was at. The last time I was in Myrtle Beach, 2019, there were tons of those e-scooters you didn't even need to interact with anyone to rent, just install an app. Maybe not anymore because they can't be sterilized though.

I have suspected there could be more to the story at the scooter rental. Perhaps it was coupled with a behavior, but the reason quoted has just been regarding no shoes. My opinion.
I've come to a similar opinion. The scooter rental place turned her away, her mother was immediately concerned for her safety and the police seem to have had some kind of recorded interaction with her. I think she was was apparently intoxicated just nobody wants to say it.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee