Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish they could issue a statement to the effect of, We have reason to believe that Mr. Davis likely encountered a local known to the area and to police so that people could stop thinking it was BL and that LE are doing nothing…
There was this yesterday. You may have easily missed it!

.......Reports of a possible sighting of Brian Laundrie in Newman, GA could not be confirmed by police.

"We have not had an official sighting with the the City of Newman," Newman Police Department Chief Blankenship told Fox News Sunday.....

Gabby Petito: Search for fiancé Brian Laundrie broadens: LIVE UPDATES

I don't doubt the veracity of Dennis Davis' statement of his encounter with this strange man. I just don't think it was actually BL. I don't think BL would have purposely flagged down a stranger to ask for directions. BL never wore bandanas. BL was seemingly insisted on referring to Gabby as his fiancee, not his girlfriend.

It's possible local LE did not jump on this hot tip because they already know who he is. "Well, looks like Jim Bob is driving around town again all tweaked out and bother folk." Local LE are usually pretty familiar with the interesting characters living in the area. DD calls the FBI. FBI notifies local LE to check it out. Local LE says, "White F-150, you say? Bandana? Rambling nonsense? Yeah, that's Jim Bob being Jim Bob."

You'd be surprised how often it happens that small local LE already know who you're talking about when you call in a tip.

JMO

ITA with you. My opinion is, he took his own life in the place where the Mustang was found. Or, he's been long gone out of the country.
Again, IMO, all this Dog and other bounty hunters nonsense, is just that, nonsense and creating a circus of crazy and sending LE on wild goose chases.
Can any sighting be him? Yes, most definitely. The probability, pretty slim, IMO. I don't believe he's visible on the AT. Or anywhere. At least I'd make sure I wouldn't be.
After Saturday Night Live and their "Dog" discussing BL, I'm sorta sure if he was on any trail or anywhere whatsoever, he ain't no more.
I called my nephew and half jokingly told him to grow his hair out, shave his beard and for the love of all that is good, don't wear cargo shorts and keep away from any and all establishments selling beef jerky or camping supplies.
Not gonna be popular, but, his parents can't even leave the house for a gallon of milk. They can't even go out in their yard. It's a lynch mob atmosphere. (Never thought I'd use those words in a situation such as this.)
None of us know what's going on in their heads or their house, for that matter. They could be trying to suggest possible scenarios to FBI and LE. They could be in contact with Gabby's family. We don't know. We don't necessarily have a right to know. None of them needs to confirm nor deny anything. I sincerely WANT to know, though.
Again, all my opinion and thoughts, on the sad set of circumstances we're here to discuss, are mine.

R.d964802bdd4fe975e7567845c932ef69

They usually are referred to as a lean-to.

Not my normal idea of a lean-to but it does fit the definition...

Mornin' all. I don't think this will ever become a cold case because I believe this case is already solved. MOO. It's just a matter of bringing the offender into custody. JMO.

I briefly looked at Thread 50 and saw there was a lot of discussion last night on BL's proposed return trip to Florida to clear out a storage locker. I hadn't posted on that much because it was never confirmed. I realize that back on September 15th, the Daily Mail stated that GP's mom herself mentioned it, and that they also republished a hand-written time line that her Uncle prepared and had posted on social media, but the fact that no other outlet ever picked this up always bothered me. MSM outlets typically only print information when it can be verified or if not verified, at least independently corroborated. Maybe by the time they tried to verify this her parents were asked by LE to stop talking. MOO. Additionally, while it is easy to jump to the conclusion that GP informed her mother of this herself as she sat in the hotel, it is equally plausible that GP never said anything to her parents about this. We just don't know.
Boyfriend of missing Gabby Petito returned to Florida alone 10 DAYS before she was reported missing | Daily Mail Online

But, in light of the revelations by his lawyer that BL's sister saw him after he returned on 9/1, I now believe this deserves some scrutiny. If this occurred it can potentially be a very important piece of information. IMO this trip never made sense. And, I am now wondering if the parents pulled him home because they learned of the Moab incident. MOO. Somewhere in Thread 48 or 49 a member posted a transcript of his sister's brief interview with ABC News. I think something in that interview may tie into this, so I am going to see if I can find that post. MOO.

As a side note, happened to notice earlier this morning that in a DM article currently on the site, they do not describe a trip to FL in August, despite a detailed timeline at the end of the article, including nap of pre/post disappearance events. Curious.

I hadn’t realized the AT was so accommodating with cabins free to hikers or fugitives.

The “accommodations” that are pictured here are rudimentary at best. These are not a cabin or cottage. Dispersed camping runs along the most southern states although the northern states don’t allow it.

Last edited:
ITA with you. My opinion is, he took his own life in the place where the Mustang was found. Or, he's been long gone out of the country.
Again, IMO, all this Dog and other bounty hunters nonsense, is just that, nonsense and creating a circus of crazy and sending LE on wild goose chases.
Can any sighting be him? Yes, most definitely. The probability, pretty slim, IMO. I don't believe he's visible on the AT. Or anywhere. At least I'd make sure I wouldn't be.
After Saturday Night Live and their "Dog" discussing BL, I'm sorta sure if he was on any trail or anywhere whatsoever, he ain't no more.
I called my nephew and half jokingly told him to grow his hair out, shave his beard and for the love of all that is good, don't wear cargo shorts and keep away from any and all establishments selling beef jerky or camping supplies.
Not gonna be popular, but, his parents can't even leave the house for a gallon of milk. They can't even go out in their yard. It's a lynch mob atmosphere. (Never thought I'd use those words in a situation such as this.)
None of us know what's going on in their heads or their house, for that matter. They could be trying to suggest possible scenarios to FBI and LE. They could be in contact with Gabby's family. We don't know. We don't necessarily have a right to know. None of them needs to confirm nor deny anything. I sincerely WANT to know, though.
Again, all my opinion and thoughts, on the sad set of circumstances we're here to discuss, are mine.

I tend to agree, with your entire post.

If I had to vote on an 80/20 basis, I would say 80% BL has taken his own life, 20% he has successfully skipped town and stayed out of custody for 3 weeks.

Trip could make perfect sense to me. Few people can take off on extended cross country trips like BL and GP did. without some brief return to take care of some business. This may have been preplanned with the end of a storage locker lease.
LE has to know about this and can verify certain things. If they questioned parents upon missing persons report, they surely asked about any storage lockers. Flight manifests easily checked. The trip was no secret.

It's hard to catch up and retain all the info but

I agree have seen posts here from others that, do seem to reflect that exactly.

The transcript is posted in Thread 47, Post 333. [Does anyone know how I can edit this long link to relabel it as Post 333? Prior to posting it is not giving me that option that I see. Oh it did it itself! Lol]

The following question seems to relate to his final return on 9/1. But IMOO may give insight into him being pulled back home mid-trip. Just how often, if at all, do they need to protect him from himself? Because emptying a storage locker that could remain rented for 2 more months is certainly cheaper than a R/T ticket back to Florida. JMO. And, who needs 5 days to do it? MOO. This is absolutely MOO thinking out loud.

Question: So you didn’t know he came back without the …?
Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he was home, because that’s what he did when he was – actually, I don’t mean that.

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

R.d964802bdd4fe975e7567845c932ef69

They usually are referred to as a lean-to.

Yes. I have stayed in many while backpacking in the Adirondacks. They are usually a first come first serve with a occupancy limit. You could end up staying in one with a unknown person. Most people are crashing for the night and up and early the next day, moving on. IMO

Brian has had a job though. He was also on the cross country trip and wasn't he participating in the channel?
I think all these fights were over running out of money!
I do not think any money was coming in!
The Restaurant bill was one red flag!

They should.have just gone home and regrouped and took a breather!

Last edited:
There was this yesterday. You may have easily missed it!

.......Reports of a possible sighting of Brian Laundrie in Newman, GA could not be confirmed by police.

"We have not had an official sighting with the the City of Newman," Newman Police Department Chief Blankenship told Fox News Sunday.....

Gabby Petito: Search for fiancé Brian Laundrie broadens: LIVE UPDATES

Pretty sure it's Newnan Georgia with an "N" not a "M" and it's not related to the Dennis Davis account, that was on the AT in Tenn and North Carolina border.

Newnan Georgia is 45 minutes south of Atlanta, of course, they both could be misidentifications or fabrications.

I agree with you. I think he's dead in that reserve.

I keep thinking the "flight home" didn't happen.

I can't remember hearing anything about the neighbors seeing BL during those few days, so I have to wonder if the two of them didn't just concoct the story so Gabby's parents might put her in a hotel for a few nights because they needed a break from van life but couldn't afford it on their own.

Gabby's mom started to mention it, which would be normal if she was originally told BL had flown home those days, but then she backtracked--as though she might later have found out it didn't happen. Same with Cassie--she started to mention her brother flying but then backed off and said it was an ongoing investigation.

I'm think perhaps both of the young adults were in that hotel for a few days.

JMOO and MOO

I think all these fights were over running out of money!
I do not think any money was coming in!
The Restaurant bill was one red flag!

It seems that the fights were part of the general nature of their relationship.

"One minute, they'd be all over each other, the next minute, he'd be like, 'We're fighting,'" says Laundrie's friend, Ben Matula, describing their relationship when they were teenagers in Long Island, New York. "They always had some drama."
Matula, who spoke to PEOPLE exclusively for this week's issue, adds: "There was always something below the surface where things weren't 100% wonderful."

"They had times they were toxic and times where everything seemed a lot more healthy," Chen tells PEOPLE. "They had very low lows and very high highs. But they really seemed to love each other. When things were good, you'd be like, 'Why can't I have a relationship like that?' When they were bad, you'd be like 'Oh my God, just break up and spare yourself from the drama and everyone else from having to hear about it.' "

'They Always Had Some Drama': Friends Reflect on Romance Between Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie

The transcript is posted in Thread 47, Post 333. [Does anyone know how I can edit this long link to relabel it as Post 333? Prior to posting it is not giving me that option that I see. Oh it did it itself! Lol]

The following question seems to relate to his final return on 9/1. But IMOO may give insight into him being pulled back home mid-trip. Just how often, if at all, do they need to protect him from himself? Because emptying a storage locker that could remain rented for 2 more months is certainly cheaper than a R/T ticket back to Florida. JMO. And, who needs 5 days to do it? MOO. This is absolutely MOO thinking out loud.

Question: So you didn’t know he came back without the …?
Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he was home, because that’s what he did when he was – actually, I don’t mean that.

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47
Ha! That would make sense as to why she didn't finish that sentence.

Trip could make perfect sense to me. Few people can take off on extended cross country trips like BL and GP did. without some brief return to take care of some business. This may have been preplanned with the end of a storage locker lease.
LE has to know about this and can verify certain things. If they questioned parents upon missing persons report, they surely asked about any storage lockers. Flight manifests easily checked. The trip was no secret.
See I disagree. That was IMO the most inconsequential, non-urgent matter to be attended to that would require a 7 day departure and the expense of a R/T airline ticket. Death of a beloved family member? Yes. To save 2 month's rent on the storage place by moving the stuff into the Laundrie garage instead? No, not for me. MOO though of course. This always made zero sense to me until now - until I consider that it might have been to force a cool-down separation. Again, not fact, MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn