Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's obvious to me that the attorney became involved because of the incident/altercation, whatever, that occurred the night before at their residence involving GP's father JP. The incident no one seems to want to talk about or explain. When the van was confirmed to be on the property is when the LE, returned to the home. The Laundries, I think called the attorney the night before or that morning and he told them at that point not to make any comments. Now, the can is open and we know what has happened since then. There are still so many questions, but prior to the incident involving JP at the Laundries home, there wasn't even a missing person report for Gabby...was there?

There's no mystery about the "incident".

JP is mentioned because it is he who asked for the wellness check.

He didn't go to the Laundries in person; and I feel in fact pretty sure that the North Port police eventually said this in the news.

These cases are especially sad when it's the "boy next door".
What happened Brian? How can you go from this sweet looking boy to a murderer (*IF* that's what happened)?

Brian, please turn yourself in so your attorney can work to make sure you get the help and support you need. Our hearts are broken for Gabby, and for you too.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Ted Bundy was sweet looking too...

I don't read much into DD getting BL's name wrong. In fact, if this was some kind of "fake 911 call", I would expect him to get the name right.

Unless he was being double reverse sneaky..... ; )
himm i didn't hear the 911 call but i constantly call him Brian"LANDRY" by mistake, as that's a more common name in my head. what did he call him? thanks.

Wow, those range from not funny to straight up douchey.

Agreed. I particularly liked the business owner from LI who was like "Um, nobody by your name has ever been in our guest book or showed up in the online booking system; so stop lying."

Either way, I don't think any of them were funny; certainly don't think it makes him sound appealing as a mate; and I don't think I'd have a different opinion about these two factors, even if he were someone I liked - it's not the fact that I loathe the kid. I feel sure I'd be like "None of this is funny" regardless.

I still dont understand all the legal obligation to produce him, or permission from the parents to speak to him? BL is not a minor! Yes the home was owned by Ls, but was it BLs and GPS legal address? How is LE was denied access to find a missing adult at their legal address?
Requires a warrant to search house. I assume not enough info at that point to get one.
Mis

Missing person, her van parked outside her address? How about calling APS for a wellness check?
not enough to allow LE entry without permission. APS applies to vulnerable adults, seniors, etc.

I'm really curious as to how many times you've hiked the AT because that ^^^ is not at all the culture IME. The culture along the AT is more "who you were you aren't now".
The fugitive well known along the Appalachian trail
I've hiked the AT in all of VA, SE part of TN and all of NC. I can say the culture is friendly, alert and cautious on the southern end. Information is frequently shared and the occasional Ranger encounter. We've had more than our fair share of AT murders and other crimes.

Can't speak to other sections of the trail.

Moo...

Requires a warrant to search house. I assume not enough info at that point to get one.

not enough to allow LE entry without permission. APS applies to vulnerable adults, seniors, etc.

From the dim mists of my memory, isn't there something about how once LE learns/proves the POI is in fact at home, that said POI is in fact obligated to talk to LE; or at least, that it looks really bad to have them not do so? (Hence all the scenes in the movies about people scrambling down fire escapes to evade the LE at the front?) Maybe the Laundries didn't trust Brian to be able to say anything that wasn't suspicious.

IMO Why do we think he is alive? I am sorry if this has been addressed earlier, but this is a lengthy time to be out in the wilderness (we presume, at least to avoid people). At the very least he would need food/water to sustain him for this length of time, and would be a very heavy pack to carry. My apologies, but it seems unlikely, to me, that he could do this given his inexperience with camping/hiking. Just wondering.

I completely agree about probable cause----that was her van, and her most recent address. If she was missing, the police had probable cause to see if she was in the home or the camper. They would be looking for a living person, or remains or even a crime scene, as they went through the property.

They would not be able to do a forensics type search, without a warrant. But they could d0 a cursory search, like a 'well being' check, without a further warrant. JMO

Yes, I agree and think this should have happened. The fact that they took the van makes it even more glaring. Why take the van but not either do a probable cause search or serve a warrant to go in and look for her if need be. I mean, her van was right there, the van she was last known to be traveling and it was at her own residence. Makes sense that she might be in there in her own home but it doesn't seem they even tried to get in there by warrant or probable cause. We shall see later if more info comes out.

Is that Brian on reviews. Born in Mexico,wife and kids. Moved to FL 3 1/2 years ago? x

IMO, it's "Brian openly lying on reviews because he thinks this makes them funnier", but again, since I can't yet prove this, that's why I hedged my certainty.

Chief amongst my reasons for so thinking, is that while it may very well be some jerk who changed their display name to screw around with people; the fact of the time-spread in reviews is suspicious.

By which I mean, a couple-months-old review from Patchogue, jibing with Florida reviews the said amount of years ago (3-4 years) and aggregated under one account; that makes it a lot less likely to be fraudulently not-Brian's account.

I'm thereby ruling out that it was some canny faker with a time machine; unless there's some really inappropriate Google programmer out there who thinks this is cute to mock up.

As for the truthfulness of the reviews themselves, I'm going to let people's own senses of humor, language interpretation etc., be the judge on that one. ;)

True. But I also wouldn't stop for a guy in a truck waving me down through an open window at 12:50 am (the reported time of the actual encounter.) And DD was there to leave a car for his hiking group in the trail head parking lot so I don't think he could have been alone....
JMO
Now THAT is a good question. So if he was leaving a car in the parking lot, who/where was his ride this entire time? Waiting in the parking lot while he was driving around googling and making 911 calls?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member