Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is also used to help adults that may harm themselves due to mental illness or may be suicidal.

Thanks. I assume mental illness is covered because it can be a disability (isn't always but can be.) At any rate, I'm not sure calling APS for a wellness check on an apparently non-disabled 22-year old missing woman like GP would get results if LE can't.

JMO

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1445147001532866566?s=19

Dennis (hiker) says FBI is investigating and he plans to meet with them tomorrow.

I’m glad the FBI is checking this out. It’s difficult sometimes for people to call in tips because they are concerned they may be ridiculed on social media! I feel we should be conscious of this! If everyone had to feel it was 100% BL before calling the tip line, the tip line would be quite silent. I’d rather have my tax dollars follow and investigate a claim that goes nowhere versus BL be able to continue hiding!

Not necessarily KNEW, but definitely suspected. jmo

Yes, but I meant that they may not have known he killed her but they knew he
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1445147001532866566?s=19

Dennis (hiker) says FBI is investigating and he plans to meet with them tomorrow.

Well, they are certainly looking at it as a hot tip. In the same amount of time between DD calling it in and FBI visiting him, BL could have driven from Wyoming to Florida

Agreed. I particularly liked the business owner from LI who was like "Um, nobody by your name has ever been in our guest book or showed up in the online booking system; so stop lying."

Either way, I don't think any of them were funny; certainly don't think it makes him sound appealing as a mate; and I don't think I'd have a different opinion about these two factors, even if he were someone I liked - it's not the fact that I loathe the kid. I feel sure I'd be like "None of this is funny" regardless.
OMG. BL is like, the lamest person ever. (I realize my comment is lame also, lol).

Yes, I agree and think this should have happened. The fact that they took the van makes it even more glaring. Why take the van but not either do a probable cause search or serve a warrant to go in and look for her if need be. I mean, her van was right there, the van she was last known to be traveling and it was at her own residence. Makes sense that she might be in there in her own home but it doesn't seem they even tried to get in there by warrant or probable cause. We shall see later if more info comes out.
I'm also curious, for all the legal eagles out there, if someone takes a vehicle that doesn't belong to them, and the owner of said vehicle is reported missing or found deceased, is that grand theft auto?

This kind of stuff infuriates me.

Email Suggests Police Purposely Delayed Releasing Additional Bodycam Footage of Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito Argument: Report

New emails discovered suggest that that the Moab, Utah, police chief may have purposely delayed releasing additional bodycam footage of the dispute between Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie.

“It became obvious to me watching the news that information had been withheld from the media,” former Grand County attorney Happy Morgan, who requested the additional footage, said.

“I thought that that was inconsistent with the truth and inconsistent with the email,” Morgan told 2News. “And I’m concerned that if I hadn’t pushed the matter at city council and then again the next day, that that tape would still be withheld.”

Can anyone please help me out here.
I can only use my phone or tablet. Mainly my Iphone
It is discouraging when I cannot upload anything to this website. Can anyone please help me out so I can upload documents and photos to this thread
@Thora_Jay
When you hit Reply and the box to type opens up, you'll see some icons at the top. The one to the right of the smiley face is for uploading photos. Click that and it gives you a box for the url of the photo. You can get the url with a long-click on the photo, it then do "copy link" (I'd be more specific but depending on the site, the options could be different, but you want to copy the link). So when the box opens here asking for the url, put your cursor in the box and the option to paste should come up. Hit paste, save/close the dialog box, and your pic should appear.

For clips, do same as above on the site where the clip is, but instead of the picture icon in the WS reply icons, click the one to the right of that (looks like film negatives/a movie reel).

If you just want to link to another site, all you need to is, when on that site, tap the url at the top of your screen, click copy, then in the WS reply space, tap and the click Paste in the options that appear.

One more thing: if you have something you downloaded to your phone /device, for privacy's sake on ANY site, I recommend uploading that item to imgur, then copying the link and following the process/es I outlined above. If you upload directly from your device, it's possible for people to see the metadata to know where you are.

I hope that's helpful. It might sound like a lot of work or confusing if you haven't done it a bunch before, but it's pretty simple once you get used to it.

And Ps - for webpages, or SM sites like Twitter, insta, etc., you can also usually use the "share" function (one of the iPhone buttons at the bottom of the screen), then "copy link". Or, if on a SM app, a post will usually have three dots at the top right, with an option to share (then copy link).
:)

==================================
Luna20 said:
Not sure if this has been discussed. I’m curious if BL and friends are waiting for the COD in order to align the his story to it?
==================================

If BL does not already know the cause of death, that changes this entire case dramatically.

IMO, the COD will not be announced until BL is arrested and charged with murder. I've said this all along -- why give him or his attorney any wisp of an advantage, just as @Luna20 said, too.
The public wants to know, of course, but IMO, they and we will just have to wait...

Google reviews written by Brian Laundrie: Google Maps

Does anyone know how to view the email address associated with this account/reviews?

I personally think it is some saddo who has changed the account name and reviews trying to be funny but jmo.
It would be interesting to know the email address tied to the account as that can't be amended even though the name can.

I don’t believe he’s having a breakdown personally I think it was an intentional encounter with Davis.

I agree with you. IF it was him, a big if, then I think it was intentional. As were the explanations/excuses to the 2 people who picked him up hitchhiking that he was camping by himself for days. It doesn’t make sense that a person so disoriented and confused (or severely dehydrated as others have posed) would have the wherewithal to be driving a vehicle, even if he had the means to obtain one. It seems to me that someone trying to drive in that condition would end up attracting the attention of the police or driving themself right off the road in the middle of the night.

All MOO.

There's no mystery about the "incident".

JP is mentioned because it is he who asked for the wellness check.

He didn't go to the Laundries in person; and I feel in fact pretty sure that the North Port police eventually said this in the news.
Okay, I have not seen the incident report that isn't redacted stating what you said. But, regardless, this is what got the ball rolling. The attention that was called to the importance of the matter. I'm also sure he was able to prove Gabby's ownership of the van or LE at that point ran the plates.

Google reviews written by Brian Laundrie: Google Maps
Not sure what made you think to search for this but it's eye opening. There's something very wrong with this guy IMO. I read through half his reviews. Some of these were 2 years ago - so he was 21? To me this is not a sign of an immature 21 year old trying to be funny but rather a loner with no social circle. MOO.

I'm also curious, for all the legal eagles out there, if someone takes a vehicle that doesn't belong to them, and the owner of said vehicle is reported missing or found deceased, is that grand theft auto?

When Gabby died, unless she had a will leaving the van to BL, her parents would inherit the van. So at that point, BL was driving the van without the permission of the legal owners.

If it can be proved that BL knew Gabby was dead, yes, he could be charged - but obviously, that fades into the background and it might take a murder conviction to press that claim.

But the van was taken by search warrant very soon after Gabby's body was found, and by then, BL had disappeared.

Not sure what made you think to search for this but it's eye opening. There's something very wrong with this guy IMO. I read through half his reviews. Some of these were 2 years ago - so he was 21? To me this is not a sign of an immature 21 year old trying to be funny but rather a loner with no social circle. MOO.

Couldn't agree more.

Not necessarily. If someone has customarily used the vehicle for months or years, the implied consent doesn't automatically die just because the titled owner of the vehicle died.

For instance, I have several vehicles titled in my name. My daughter frequently drives one of them. If I die tomorrow and she continues to drive that car she would not be charged with theft. My estate could go after her for the car, but the police wouldn't unless the owner (dead me) filed a complaint.

Unfreakenbelievable.

I will say if you’ve ever looked up how to share a tip of anything (other than this case) with the FBI it is very impersonal. And, there is no way to follow up with your “tip” or case that I see.
Yeah, but still, he called 911 - in TWO states. And here we are 3 days later???

If they had done that based only on the Missing Persons report (so it would have been a welfare check), they would have major league damaged the use of data from the van once it was properly obtained, by warrant.

LE knew that.

They were already there, taking the van by whatever means, search warrant or probable cause. I have said several times that if they had cause for that, they should have had cause to look in the house for her as part of the missing person's case, in my opinion. OR gotten an additional warrant for it -- again, my opinion.

The Sheriff of Polk county said himself that HE would have arrested Brian based on that van being there, so to me, that means LE would have had probable cause to go in the house to see if she was there.

I can't make any decisions on what LE KNEW or did not KNOW "would have" damaged something about the case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members