Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
I a
Is there anyone here that is interested in or hopes that Brian is found to be innocent of Gabby's death?

Isn't that the best outcome for HER and her decisions, that we
Spot on. I totally agree. Said it before, I think he fantasized about murdering her for a long time. Jmo
Interesting...What makes you think he wanted to kill her for a long time? Do you have inside information? Do you think the trip was a set up to get the woman he hated into an isolated spot so he could carry out his fantasy?

Does anybody think there might be a couple pranksters out there? I mean, there are hundreds or thousands of guys that resemble BL, might one or two of them think it might be kind of funny to go out and pretend to be BL around the AT or anywhere else BL might be suspected of hiding? Get a kick out of seeing on the news of a BL sighting that they staged. Just a random thought.

IMO, that depends on whether or not the man in question is smart enough to know that by doing this they'll probably almost assuredly earn themselves, at minimum, a visit from LE. This, IMO, generally scares most average white-guy pranksters out of their shorts.

It's not impossible - risk-taking behavior of the adolescent, impulse control area of the brain in flux until mid-twenties, seven (? I just pulled some stat out of my butt) seasons of "Jackass", and all - but I'd like to think the men have got more common sense.

Does anybody think there might be a couple pranksters out there? I mean, there are hundreds or thousands of guys that resemble BL, might one or two of them think it might be kind of funny to go out and pretend to be BL around the AT or anywhere else BL might be suspected of hiding? Get a kick out of seeing on the news of a BL sighting that they staged. Just a random thought.

i've wondered this as well...some people will do anything for attention...not speaking about any of the reported sightings so far, but it's always a possibility.

Why hasn't Brian been charged with murder? I've read all the speculations, but none really answers the question. There is no logical reason, I can see, why he hasn't been formally charged with killing GP. I can think of reasons why they haven't, but considering what's transpired, they don't make sense either. FBI must be convinced he did murder her or they wouldn't be on this huge, expensive, vast, and time consuming man hunt. Not for credit card fraud!! I just don't understand why he hasn't been charged with the crime.
Apparently the reason has to do with laws that say they've got to move on a murder charge within 30 days. So it would expire if he remains missing. Another thing is in Florida is that there's some law about the right to a speedy trial & it's got to be set up within 6 months, & that clock starts ticking with the charge. This is me paraphrasing a lawyer I saw on tv--I'm hoping a lawyer might chime in & fix my wording as I can't remember some of the legal terms around all this.

It's a strong statement to make. These are her parents and her immediate response would normally be "of course not". To say "I don't know" implies she believes they are involved but just can't face that fact yet.
Sometimes I don't know just means I don't know, though. She must absolutely be in a tailspin right now - she's lost Gabby, her parents, her brother, and her children are crying everyday and protesters have been outside her house shouting at her with bullhorns. I think "I don't know" is an honest reply.

The van was taken away on the 14th and because we had originally been told that was the day Brian took off, I assumed he took off because of what may have been left behind in the van.
However now we know that Brian left on the 13th, so besides talking to the attorney, what else could have been going on that day? I don't believe he took off in a hurry, I think it was planned.

Why hasn't Brian been charged with murder? I've read all the speculations, but none really answers the question. There is no logical reason, I can see, why he hasn't been formally charged with killing GP. I can think of reasons why they haven't, but considering what's transpired, they don't make sense either. FBI must be convinced he did murder her or they wouldn't be on this huge, expensive, vast, and time consuming man hunt. Not for credit card fraud!! I just don't understand why he hasn't been charged with the crime.
I agree that the search would be very odd if they didn’t think he killed her. But I think they need specific evidence tying him to the crime, more than just evidence that he left her and had her things, in order to charge him. If they’re unable to confirm her COD with evidence (like his blood or bite marks or definitive evidence on her) or are unable to recover the weapon (looking for a match in the reserve), they may not be able to tie it to him yet beyond a reasonable doubt.

Also, there are laws for speedy trial. They may be waiting until he’s in custody because of that.

Thread OPEN

Mod Note:

We have started to loose focus of the thread once again. If your post is primarily about your opinion of the Attorney, it is off topic. It is ok to have opinions and not post them on a public thread.

It is OK to discuss what the Attorney has shared with media as it is presented. This includes, pointing out changes to previous statements and trying to determine why things may or may not add up.

What is not OK is trashing the Attorney. The Attorney is not the one named a POI in this case. Discuss the information from him as it is presented.

Lastly, Cassie is not named a POI. As is the case with the Attorney, you may discuss what she has shared in the context of her statements. You can discuss what does or does not add up in your perspective. It is not OK to trash her.

Your words and comments are here to stay. Will your future self still be comfortable with the statements you posted?

Help us maintain the golden standard Websleuths has set for the true crime community.

Best,
Tiff

Brian Laundrie ‘Lookalike’ Spotted Outside Atlanta, Georgia — Placing Him On Track To The Appalachian Trail
Interesting article link posted previously in this thread. In looking as hard as I can at the picture from the Peachtree sighting, I was trying to look at his ears and couldn’t see well enough. Between the mask and sunglasses (in not bright sun. Dusk) it does obscure whomever was photographed in Peachtree was trying to obscure his identity. It DOES appear that the man is wearing a black covid-type face mask, not a dark beard. And the hair looks grown to about an inch or so and lighter colored possibly dyed, which I would absolutely expect a fugitive to do.
Arm hair looks similar to BL.
Plus the fact that 2 people described black cut off shirt.
It is interesting.
Also of note in the article was the revelation that there is a California in GA.

Last edited:
It's a strong statement to make. These are her parents and her immediate response would normally be "of course not". To say "I don't know" implies she believes they are involved but just can't face that fact yet.

I feel like her speaking out unfiltered like that is what prompted the parents to now “ suddenly” remember they were off by a day when they last saw BL. They know she knows more and might blow any land mines they left behind..

IMO, that depends on whether or not the man in question is smart enough to know that by doing this they'll probably almost assuredly earn themselves, at minimum, a visit from LE. This, IMO, generally scares most average white-guy pranksters out of their shorts.

It's not impossible - risk-taking behavior of the adolescent, impulse control area of the brain in flux until mid-twenties, seven (? I just pulled some stat out of my butt) seasons of "Jackass", and all - but I'd like to think the men have got more common sense.

Oh I could definitely see some buddies getting together and trying to hoax people, 15 minutes of fame and all.

The van was taken away on the 14th and because we had originally been told that was the day Brian took off, I assumed he took off because of what may have been left behind in the van.
However now we know that Brian left on the 13th, so besides talking to the attorney, what else could have been going on that day? I don't believe he took off in a hurry, I think it was planned.
The van was taken on the 11th when Gabby was reported missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam