VA VA - Brittany Williams, 7, Richmond, 18 Aug 2000

I would love to find out that Brittany is alive and well and magically cured of AIDS despite no treatment but it's just not medically possible outside a miracle. For that reason I do not believe this woman is Brittany, unfortunately. Heartbreaking case.

The woman who has come forward claiming to be BW seems to have many surgical scars, including a feeding tube scar from childhood, but doesn't recall what any of her surgeries were for at that young of an age.

Seeing that her foster parent had been charged with 73 counts of welfare fraud, as well as accused of taking $24,000 in government benefits intended for Brittany, I'm leaning into the idea that perhaps this child's illness may have been a ruse, faked somehow (a la Gypsy Rose), for whatever reason (more attention, notoriety, accolades for being such a selfless wonderful woman to take in and care for all these sick kids...) I have a feeling, if this woman is BW, there will me much more to this story. MOO.

‘I am Brittany Renee Williams’: Woman says she has DNA to prove she is missing cold case Henrico girl, after 21 years

3) This woman is lying about the DNA results connecting her to Brittany's mom.

Yes, I distrust the alleged DNA test. But no reason to distrust that she was adopted or has the scars she says she has - yet.

I do wonder - how was the missing girl Brittany diagnosed with HIV? At what age, with which test? Did she have a verified viral load? Take medication? They are positive she had it?

And the woman who came forward, was she formally tested for it?

We will never know these these answers, though.

I also wondered if Brittany was born in the 90's...did they automatically test babies back then for AIDS? Or just assume if Mom had it baby would too? I hope and pray this is Brittany, she has had a good life, and she does not have AIDS or any other permanent health issue or traumas.

Seeing that her foster parent had been charged with 73 counts of welfare fraud, as well as accused of taking $24,000 in government benefits intended for Brittany, I'm leaning into the idea that perhaps this child's illness may have been a ruse, faked somehow (a la Gypsy Rose), for whatever reason (more attention, notoriety, accolades for being such a selfless wonderful woman to take in and care for all these sick kids...) I have a feeling, if this woman is BW, there will me much more to this story. MOO.

Wow, I hadn't thought of that angle. I'd add that to the list of possibilities, but I would be surprised if the state would give foster parents extra money to treat diseases that were not formally diagnosed with legitimate testing. However, perhaps this foster woman was actually a clever con artist who faked medical documents.

How did this woman claiming to be Brittany get adopted? Wouldn't the adopted family have any info on the disappearance? When did Brittany disappear and when was this woman adopted?

‘I am Brittany Renee Williams’: Woman says she has DNA to prove she is Virginia girl missing 21 years

This article says her “sister” and herself did separate DNA tests and they came back as an almost 96% match. Idk.
I think it is her.Based on the paper the news showed which had the results.

Wow, I hadn't thought of that angle. I'd add that to the list of possibilities, but I would be surprised if the state would give foster parents extra money to treat diseases that were not formally diagnosed with legitimate testing. However, perhaps this foster woman was actually a clever con artist who faked medical documents.

How did this woman claiming to be Brittany get adopted? Wouldn't the adopted family have any info on the disappearance? When did Brittany disappear and when was this woman adopted?
BW probably would have got social security. I have heard foster families complain about the lack of sharing past information on the kids or lying and not disclosing medical information. I do not believe BW adoptive parents to be innocent in some parts of this. It is possible they are ,but i think they have knowledge of something.

If taken on separate occasions, I'm even more skeptical of the "DNA tests." For example, the same person could have taken the test twice, hypothetically. Hopefully it is sorted-out properly by law enforcement. JMO.
So it is possible someone is only 95 percent related to themselves? Just asking .If the same person sent in results on both sides ,why only 95 percent as a certain ?

Some interesting quotes from article cited above:

"Stevenson and McElroy wasted no time taking their own, in-lab DNA test through Labcorp. They say they were not surprised by the results. The report, which can be used as a legal court document, says the two have a 95.83% probability of being half-sisters." <--If they had faked the results (sent in both samples from the same person), I'd expect the results to say something like "they two have a 99% probability of being twin sisters."

"“And yes. I’m going by Brittany now. I don’t want no ties to my adoptive name. That is not me,” said Stevenson."

"Stevenson says she didn’t get answers from her adoptive parents about her adoption. Stevenson’s birth certificate does not match the birthdate of Brittany Williams. Stevenson says she has not yet been able to get hold of adoption documents."

Sounds like she is NOT close with her adoptive family and they haven't been helpful to her at all. I wouldn't be surprised if the adoptive family got her by less than legal means.

Some interesting quotes from article cited above:

"Stevenson and McElroy wasted no time taking their own, in-lab DNA test through Labcorp. They say they were not surprised by the results. The report, which can be used as a legal court document, says the two have a 95.83% probability of being half-sisters." <--If they had faked the results (sent in both samples from the same person), I'd expect the results to say something like "they two have a 99% probability of being twin sisters."

"“And yes. I’m going by Brittany now. I don’t want no ties to my adoptive name. That is not me,” said Stevenson."

"Stevenson says she didn’t get answers from her adoptive parents about her adoption. Stevenson’s birth certificate does not match the birthdate of Brittany Williams. Stevenson says she has not yet been able to get hold of adoption documents."

Sounds like she is NOT close with her adoptive family and they haven't been helpful to her at all. I wouldn't be surprised if the adoptive family got her by less than legal means.
Your very talented. TY .

So it is possible someone is only 95 percent related to themselves? Just asking .If the same person sent in results on both sides ,why only 95 percent as a certain ?

You're right. I don't know how specific this lab's test is or the circumstances of how they went about testing. So I shouldn't have made that comment. I assumed it wasn't an extremely specific test, but thinking about it, my comment is likely wrong.

You're right. I don't know how specific this lab's test is or the circumstances of how they went about testing. So I shouldn't have made that comment. I assumed it wasn't an extremely specific test, but thinking about it, my comment is likely wrong.
I was thinking of sending my own DNA in twice just to see .Who knows the world is weird.

I was thinking of sending my own DNA in twice just to see .Who knows the world is weird.

I think the article implies they went in-person to a lab, but yeah, who knows. Let's see what the LE testing shows.
A "long lost sisters" scenario would be a nice ending.

I would love to find out that Brittany is alive and well and magically cured of AIDS despite no treatment but it's just not medically possible outside a miracle. For that reason I do not believe this woman is Brittany, unfortunately. Heartbreaking case.
It’s more likely that she never had it. There’s only a 25% chance of a mother passing it on to her unborn baby. Someone either assumed she had it, or lied about it for benefits.

I think the article implies they went in-person to a lab, but yeah, who knows. Let's see what the LE testing shows.
A "long lost sisters" scenario would be a nice ending.
LE testing , ?
It would be wonderful! They are sisters but I think KS/BW story will be way more than a long lost sisters tale. I hope and pray people get caught up in the past.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back