Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I have seen other reports/comments about abusive episodes other than the one altercation that resulted in the video from Moab LE. It's a lot to sift through at this point, so I guess I can just say that I thought I had heard that, but having not been there I can't know for certain.

But I stand by my opinion that this was an unintentional killing and rather than own up to it, BL and his parents/lawyer are handling it in quite possibly the worst way possible.
I agree.
I don't think for a moment that Brian went back to finish the trip with the plan to kill Gabby along the way. This is one of the issues with an abusive (or what people call "toxic) relationship, the abuse can sometimes get worse as time goes on and someone goes too far in the heat of an argument. That's why it's so important to teach people that you never lay your hands on someone unless you are protecting yourself.

With a story that has received a gargantuan amount of attention, I want to be very clear: there is a chance this is nothing substantial.

Only sharing to alert our very loyal #WFLANow #HeyJB audience a stream is *possible* to separate fact/fiction on what some of you are hearing

https://twitter.com/wflajb/status/1445858075701923842?s=21

Re suicide by BL --

If he is dead, and he could be IMO, and it was suicide, d'oh, -- I'm thinking maybe his dad gave him a weapon for hunting game for food -- deer, rabbit, etc.
Easy and cowardly way out... and he's all of that. IMO. Just musing.

For whoever asked:

Jackson, WY is also called Jackson Hole.

More properly, Jackson Hole is the valley that the town of Jackson is in.
Wasn't the story that while hitchhiking, brian wanted to go to jackson. When he found out that they were going to jackson hole instead, he got out of the jeep. I thought the driver said that jackson was about an hour away, and jackson hole was about 10min away from where she picked brian up.

JMO

If you click on "tweets and replies" you'll see he tweeted just a few minutes ago.

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

Replying to
@kirstiealley
His parents claim they last saw him on Mon Sept. 13th. Up until yesterday they said it was Tues Sept 14th -- but then changed their story. Other than that -- no one I have spoken to has seen him in that timeframe. Cassie the sister says she saw him at the campground on the 6th.

1:51 PM · Oct 6, 2021

And a new one just now:

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

Afternoon update. Ill be on NewsNation around 5:45ET.

2:02 PM · Oct 6, 2021

I thought, maybe, until I saw the photos from the family camp out. IMO more than a nuance of psychopathy is required to smile through that event after taking her life. He wanted to erase her, and thought he had gotten away with wiping her off the earth. Little did he know the snow ball had only begun to roll. I can’t imagine he’s smiling now.
I feel that he was just trying to "act normal".

JMO

Huge difference. I think there's a tendency to turn every killer into a remorseless psychopath, who killed for pleasure.

That's rarely the case, and there's a lot of nuance there.

I continue to believe this was a crime of passion.

Sociopathy is defined by a lack of capability to empathise, domestic abusers aren’t necessarily sociopaths (but do, obviously, lack empathy towards the people they abuse). That’s a false equivalence.

Brian Entin just posted on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1445856928890904577

ETA: He says he's seen other movement on other days at the reserve and we shouldn't read too much into it, however the reserve is closed which is unusual. In his opinion, there is an area on the Venice, Florida they're focused on and will talk more about the drone they're using during the report tonight.
Any more info on this area in Venice? First I am hearing of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member