HI HI - Kyle Brittain, 27, hiking Waipio Valley, Big Island, 30 Aug 2019

Find Kyle Brittain

Post from day 11 of the search from Kyle’s mom about how dangerous it can be out there. Also, a comment from the official page below the post written by “Sarah” from the Amanda Eller search, so she must be helping with Kyle’s official page now. It’s very kind of her to offer her experience in running a page like that, if that is the case.

IMOO

Another piece I can't locate is whether he got a ride down from the Waipaio Lookout into the Valley. It's a long steep road and it's popular to grab a ride with someone heading down as it is allowed to drive down, but advised to have 4wd. It seems his trail disappears at the top of that road when he was seen at the restrooms and the cell pinged. If he got a ride down, surely someone would've come forward by now. I keep stopping at the river, where some keys were reportedly seen. I wonder if they've dived the river outlet to see if there was anything out there....pack, belongings, etc. If one is swept away with a pack on their back, I imagine they submerge pretty quickly.

Find Kyle Brittain

Post from day 11 of the search from Kyle’s mom about how dangerous it can be out there. Also, a comment from the official page below the post written by “Sarah” from the Amanda Eller search, so she must be helping with Kyle’s official page now. It’s very kind of her to offer her experience in running a page like that, if that is the case.

IMOO
Trip Advisors had this area as a "one star" labeling it dangerous. Praying for the safety of those that continue the search and praying for Kyle and his family.

Find Kyle Brittain

LAST COUPLE OF POSTS:
Sept 27
Family were asking any tourists visiting the area around Labor Day to please check any photographs or video that may have taken to see if you notice KB in any of them.

Nov 1
Family addressed rumors that Kyle has been found. Unfortunately, that’s all they were (rumors). They still do not know where KB may be or the circumstances related to the day he went missing. There is still a $5000 reward for information regarding his whereabouts.

Under the Nov 1 post, family members provided an update a week ago in a comment stating he is still missing and they have yet to find any clues or answers to his case.

I actually read about the remains when I was looking up another news story about some remains found in San Francisco. When I saw the Hawaii news article show up in my google search, I thought that maybe that it might be one of our missing hikers in Hawaii, so I read the article. Even though geographically, it is extremely close to where Kyle disappeared, it still might be someone else. I just hope Kyle can be found someday, for his family's sake.

Is it too soon to be expecting word on the April 28 finding of the strung up body near Honokaa not awfully far from where Kyle Brittain went missing? I've searched and searched and searched and Hawaii's news/coconut underground has NOTHING.

Is it too soon to be expecting word on the April 28 finding of the strung up body near Honokaa not awfully far from where Kyle Brittain went missing? I've searched and searched and searched and Hawaii's news/coconut underground has NOTHING.
Seems like enough time to identify the person. Very interested in finding out if this was KB.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back