Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alethea, can you imagine any situation of how this farce could have possibly even begun? Certainly, SB wouldn't have created this purposefully, would he? I can't see how he could think it would be advantageous to anyone he's representing. Even a miscommunication couldn't create this, could it?

I don't know about doing it purposefully as disinformation, but I am pretty sure that if he did it and didn't get the approval of the Laundries to do so before he did, that's at least potential legal malpractice grounds.

So if it's got a purpose and isn't just accidental, IMO Ma and Pa Laundrie know all about it.

Brian Laundrie’s lawyer reveals what he knows about mysterious storage unit

Brian Laundrie’s storage unit — which reportedly had Gabby Petito’s missing items — still has not been located

Laundrie’s lawyer stated, “Brian flew home to obtain some items and empty and close the storage unit to save money as they contemplated extending the road trip.”

However, Bertolino told Insider that he had “no idea” where the storage unit was located.

The storage unit revelation isn’t actually new, though.

The Daily Mail
reported back in September that Laundrie left Petito at the Fairfield Inn in Salt Lake City so he could fly back to Florida “to help his father empty out a storage unit where he and Gabby had their things.”

Gabby’s mother Nicole Schmidt told the Daily Mail at the time that “Brian’s father offered to let them keep their belongings at his house so they wouldn’t have to pay for the storage unit.”

Schmidt told the Daily Mail that it was confusing why they wanted to move Petito’s things during the road trip and what happened to her items.

“Where are her things?” she asked.
I think that's what Gabby told her mother because that's what BL told Gabby. Gabby may or may not have known if that was true, but she repeated it. Also, the sister said that it was a storage LOCKER, which is much smaller than a "UNIT". Odd that lawyer has no clue where said locker is/was, since Dad supposedly helped BL for 6 days moving stuff....................jmo

Hiker who encountered Brian Laundrie on Appalachian Trail has finally been questioned by the FBI | Daily Mail Online

The FBI are investigating 11 alleged sightings of Brian Laundrie along the Appalachian Trail close to the North Carolina-Tennessee border.

The spate of leads includes a 911 call from hiker Dennis Davis who says he is '99.9 percent' certain he spotted the fugitive fiancée of slain Gabby Petito driving a truck early Saturday.

Davis, 53, who was interviewed by the FBI on Wednesday afternoon, told DailyMail.com: 'They are definitely taking my information seriously.'

A local resident has also come forward to reveal to DailyMail.com that he saw a scruffy, bearded stranger resembling Laundrie, 23, walking along the same secluded rural road in Waterville.

I am glad, but I really wish they had done that on Saturday.

Charlotte County K9 teams play vital role in FBI's search for Brian Laundrie

The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office K9 unit is one of many agencies who aided in the search for Brian Laundrie, the fiance of Gabby Petito.

Friday, September 17, Brian Laundrie’s parents reported him missing. That night, deputy first class Steven Sella and K9 Copper went to work.

First, they went to the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park where Brian supposedly went for a hike Monday.

“We get to the park and the entire parking lot, which is a dirt parking lot, is completely covered in water,” Sella said.

That was only the first of the challenges the team would face.

Now K9 crews from all over Florida are involved in the search. This week, NBC2 saw K9 units at the Carlton Reserve from Pasco and Brevard counties.

“Bloodhounds are known to be able to track, especially older scents like that. Their ability, their sniffing abilities are so much higher than a normal dog,” Sella said. “They work a lot slower so they’re able to go a little bit longer and they’re able to really focus in on the scents.”

There is still more than $100,000 in reward money available to anyone with information on Brian Laundrie’s location. You can call in tips to 1-800-CALL-FBI.

I don't know about doing it purposefully as disinformation, but I am pretty sure that if he did it and didn't get the approval of the Laundries to do so before he did, that's at least potential legal malpractice grounds.

So if it's got a purpose and isn't just accidental, IMO Ma and Pa Laundrie know all about it.
Could it be he got the info from CLd and he is telling the world what they have told him as they request him to release it.JMO

Just reading through everything, the trip Brian made to Florida in August, has it been confirmed that he flew, or did he drive the van? I know the family won’t be giving an answer, but it would make sense as to why Gabby had to stay at a hotel and the amount of time he was gone. Clearly he didn’t have an issue driving and had the ability to get places quickly, so this thought just came to me. If he flew, that would involve a trip to the airport, pickup at the airport, return to the airport to see him off, and then Gabby would have to get back to the airport to get him.
Lowes, the lawyer confirmed BL came home by plane Sept 17 & left again Sept 23. Lawyer said something like BL& GP paid for it together because they share expenses. His version is that BL came home to empty the locker to save money because they planned to extend their trip. That doesn't make much sense, a plane & a hotel have to cost more than the locker. Plus they were fighting so it seems doubtful it would be extended, if anything. I think the lawyer isn't 100% honest but I think those dates are true. Cassie also confirmed she saw him on that trip home. The shared expenses comment seems like some thinly veiled allusion to the CC charges. IMO.

Hiker who encountered Brian Laundrie on Appalachian Trail has finally been questioned by the FBI | Daily Mail Online

The FBI are investigating 11 alleged sightings of Brian Laundrie along the Appalachian Trail close to the North Carolina-Tennessee border.

The spate of leads includes a 911 call from hiker Dennis Davis who says he is '99.9 percent' certain he spotted the fugitive fiancée of slain Gabby Petito driving a truck early Saturday.

Davis, 53, who was interviewed by the FBI on Wednesday afternoon, told DailyMail.com: 'They are definitely taking my information seriously.'

A local resident has also come forward to reveal to DailyMail.com that he saw a scruffy, bearded stranger resembling Laundrie, 23, walking along the same secluded rural road in Waterville.

Do we know when the rural resident saw the scruffy laundry?

The flight home to go to the storage unit sounds like a total fairy tale. Something happened during this period of time that they are trying to make look differently than what happened. This part has always stood out to me. In a story filled with land mines, what really happened vs the storage locker tale is a nuclear bomb. IMO.
Yep. Agree. What young woman would have her bf and her bf’s father pack up her stuff from a storage unit to move? That doesn’t ring true at all to me. It just seems invasive and like something most people would want to be a part of themselves. If they had the money for Gabby to stay in a hotel for that time, she definitely could have afforded a plane ticket along with BL to help clear out her stuff. Makes no sense. JMO.

I can't open the article, but he shared the information with Newsday, not one of the typical spots.

I believe it is the first time I have seen Newsday in these threads as a source. (I could be wrong)

I find it curious and intentional personally. Cannot explain his reasons, but I think he has some. MOO
Lawyer: Brian Laundrie's father agrees to join search for son

It's the main Long Island newspaper. They block access unless you clear cookies then you can usually get in. But NPPD is not the lead agency. They wuld not IMO be making any such statement. IMO. I really don't know what's up with this guy. IMO he's killing his credibility. Absolutely destroying it.

BE has Tweeted the following (emphasis mine):

"This is how North Port Police responded to us: The FBI is the lead. The NPPD, would not be making these decisions and actions. The FBI would have to answer if that was true."

IMOO, that bolded part speaks volumes. They could have simply said "Don't know. You'll have to check with the FBI" But, they didn't.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1445925440267378688

So it’s true that SB said this, he’s not denying it? Did he say the Laundries asked him to make the statement?

He is quoted in a reputable paper as saying it, yes. And any discussions with LE would have had to involve him. LE makes blunders, but talking to a represented person without their attorney would be a big blow..

Plus, regardless of client direction, he ethically can't just state something secondhand as fact without doing some level of verification or attribution.

The flight home to go to the storage unit sounds like a total fairy tale. Something happened during this period of time that they are trying to make look differently than what happened. This part has always stood out to me. In a story filled with land mines, what really happened vs the storage locker tale is a nuclear bomb. IMO.

I think you are onto something there. And where on earth were Gabby and BL between August 13 and 16 also?

I definitely tend to agree with you. Intent aside, how can we even trust their lawyer's word when he can't even get basic facts straight over & over? I do think they're trying to distract. At the same time, I feel like the FBI must have some justification to be looking in the reserve? But I don't think it's what the L family says. Maybe evidence was distributed there. But I doubt BL is there, if he ever was.
I agree. Something took the FBI there initially and I don’t believe they were just going off of what the Laundries were telling them.

I also have long doubted BL is in there, if he ever was. I believe BL is somewhere much more comfortable than the Reserve.

And as for the Laundries saying they don’t believe BL is keeping up with MSM, I don’t buy that for a second. He is hiding from the FBI, of course he is paying attention.

The whole event is starting to take on all the elements of an Eugen Ionescu play.. a man who sort of started the Theatre of the Absurd era. In these plays by Ionescu, coherent language is dismissed, one of the startling happenings is, various people strut across the stage, in the middle of someone else's dialogue and scream inanities at the audience.. and strut off , never to be seen or referred to again ..

This sudden entrance , among so many unforgettable characters in this very American crime is the resurrection of a former fugitive, reeling off the educational advances he made in prison.

I don't know how much more of this I can take....

Ain't that da truth!

I started wondering what Gabby would make of it all and I got a glimpse of her throwing her head back and laughing so hard..
And she would have known all the players, perhaps even the lawyer , if they were family friends or connected in some other way... golf club or less salubrious orgs or groups?

Yep. Agree. What young woman would have her bf and her bf’s father pack up her stuff from a storage unit to move? That doesn’t ring true at all to me. It just seems invasive and like something most people would want to be a part of themselves. If they had the money for Gabby to stay in a hotel for that time, she definitely could have afforded a plane ticket along with BL to help clear out her stuff. Makes no sense. JMO.

What about the van?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member