Found Safe UK - Antonino Coppola, 23, from Richmond, Surrey, missing from Bow, East London, 16 Sep 2021

IMPORTANT: if you have time, please watch yesterday’s 6.30pm BBC local news for London. BBC iPlayer - BBC London - Evening News: 06/10/2021

They talk about Antonino at mins 4.40 an there’s a brief interview online with his brother, who says’s what we’ve read on the BBC news article. But they show the area outside Bow Road tube station and it’s clear that AC’s brother has good enough English to be able to communicate well with UK police. The programme is only available until 18.55h today.

IMPORTANT: if you have time, please watch yesterday’s 6.30pm BBC local news for London. BBC iPlayer - BBC London - Evening News: 06/10/2021

They talk about Antonino at mins 4.40 an there’s a brief interview online with his brother, who says’s what we’ve read on the BBC news article. But they show the area outside Bow Road tube station and it’s clear that AC’s brother has good enough English to be able to communicate well with UK police. The programme is only available until 18.55h today.
Great share. Thank you.

Can someone share any newspaper article or missing persons screen print about the other Italian guy was who went missing around the same time in London and also happened to be moving house. I wonder if there is some kind of connection between the two men which could relate to Antonino's vanishing.

If he’s this one you mean, he didn’t disappear but was found dead Search Results for “Zamparini” – The Sun

Armando Zamparini wasn't moving house though, so is there another case of a missing/deceased Italian man we should be looking at @SaintGertrude? Or was that the one?

Not saying this applies to AZ (or AC) btw, but just to note that one of the main causes of cardiac failure in young men is cocaine abuse.

causes of heart attack

Armando Zamparini wasn't moving house though, so is there another case of a missing/deceased Italian man we should be looking at @SaintGertrude? Or was that the one?

Not saying this applies to AZ (or AC) btw, but just to note that one of the main causes of cardiac failure in young men is cocaine abuse.

causes of heart attack

**Correction, he was starting a new job**

causes of heart attack

Just checking dates and Armando was first reported missing on Thursday 30th September 2021
After initial tests, a cardiocirculatory arrest or a fatal illness is reportedly suspected.

Antonino was first reported missing on September 16th 2021 so quite a while before.

I cannot see any link between the two men unless there was some kind of poisoning of the two men involved.

I did wonder how they managed to afford to live in Richmond, Surrey.
It is a hugely expensive area in which to rent for wealthy British people, nevermind 2 young Italian immigrants...... but if C's family were wealthy, maybe that's where the money came from?

I wonder if police can confirm the alleged house move? Speak to the former landlord and the new landlord of the house they were moving to.

Did C. actually move into the new place by himself after AC's disappearance?

Another thing to consider is that the journey to their destination (Bromley by Bow) was only an extra one minute on the tube after Bow Road.

Presumably he was feeling rough before Bow Road for them to have discussed getting off at Bow Road and C remaining on the platform with the luggage while AC went in search of a toilet. So AC managed to not throw up on the train before it stopped at Bow Road and not throw up on the platform or on the steps from the platform to the exit barriers. Probably a minute to climb the steps and exit the station one would think. Why not stay on the train for the extra minute and be at his destination, and avoid the inconvenience of unloading luggage, separating, the uncertainty of finding a toilet nearby, and having to resume the journey for one stop.

If he wasn't seen throwing up outside the station I'd think it was an excuse to leave his friend. But it doesn't seem to have been an act his friend could see (happening in real-time), and I highly doubt he did it for the benefit of later CCTV scrutiny. I believe it was reported on Italian news that his mum watched the CCTV too, or did C watch it and tell her? BBC didn't report that detail and you'd think it would be hugely relevant and would help to jog people's memories if it did happen. So I'm really wondering if it's true. At least police will know.

Last edited:
I wouldn't sweat it. The Met Police is divided into 12 Basic Command Units (BCU). Number 3 - South West BCU includes the London boroughs of Kingston, Merton, Richmond and Wandsworth. The Richmond area includes Barnes which borders Putney, which comes under Wandsworth.

AC is missing from his home address in the Richmond/Barnes/Putney area.....they are very close together. His home address obviously falls within the Richmond policing boundary so for policing purposes that is where he is missing from. Therefore, Richmond police create the missing person report and are responsible for the investigation.

Yes I know he was last seen in Bow Road, but imagine if Tower Hamlets reported him missing from Bow Road, then there was a confirmed sighting in Oxford Street, London, W1, covered by Westminster. It would be impractical to keep transferring a missing person report for so many reasons.

So 'missing from' is not the same as 'last seen' . I hope that is as clear as mud :(
I think technically though he had moved out of his Richmond address by the time he was reported missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally think AC had arranged to meet someone and it went wrong.

But in this case, why do it in the middle of moving to a new residence? And after being sick? It just seems like a strange way of doing things.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back