Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he kept saying credit card which contradicts the indictment which clearly said debit card. So maybe he used the credit and debit card.
"Bank card", i.e. plastic is a more generic term which should be used until we know which one it was. Some Debit cards can be run through machines at stores and processed as credit without having to enter a PIN. It's possible that Dr. Phil made a mistake in his terminology, or maybe two accounts were linked to one card, also possible. What isn't in dispute, is whether or not Brian paid into the account used- if his name wasn't on the account- he has NO legal right to the money after her death.

"Bank card", i.e. plastic is a more generic term which should be used until we know which one it was. Some Debit cards can be run through machines at stores and processed as credit without having to enter a PIN. It's possible that Dr. Phil made a mistake in his terminology, or maybe two accounts were linked to one card, also possible. What isn't in dispute, is whether or not Brian paid into the account used- if his name wasn't on the account- he has NO legal right to the money after her death.
Sorry my original post was not clear. By "he" I mean the Petito lawyer, not Dr. Phil. I would assume he knows the difference of debit and credit card or maybe he was too caught up in the moment.

Have been mulling the "what happened" around for a while, reading others' thoughts. Here's what I think FWIW. I do think GP and BL had another argument, likely at the site where she was found. And I think that BL may have shoved her, she fell and her head hit a rock with enough force to cause skull fracture/death. Or, he grabbed her by her hair and jerked her hard enough to break her neck.

Either of these scenarios would be enough to call her death homicide because it would be unlikely she did either to herself. But not enough evidence to say it's murder, because either could have happened with no intent to actually cause harm. And BL on the run because he is sure no one will believe him, which is highly probable.

I do believe this is the case. Watching the body cams, Brian wanted to camp and give Gabby the hotel. When he asked if he could go to jail instead, he jokingly said something like how about I steal your radio, then can I go. I’ve known people In Relationships who have that slappy, dramatic type of relationship. I wouldn’t call it straight DV, as it was just their way of arguing. Never to really hurt each other, as far as I knew, but some of these girls would be the one who would slap first. The thing that throws me off is how he could just leave her there and quickly drive back to Florida and go about his life and no one could say anything to Gabby’s parents. And then for Brian and his parents to outsmart the cops and he is on the run and not even Dog or the FBI can find him.

Have been mulling the "what happened" around for a while, reading others' thoughts. Here's what I think FWIW. I do think GP and BL had another argument, likely at the site where she was found. And I think that BL may have shoved her, she fell and her head hit a rock with enough force to cause skull fracture/death. Or, he grabbed her by her hair and jerked her hard enough to break her neck.

Either of these scenarios would be enough to call her death homicide because it would be unlikely she did either to herself. But not enough evidence to say it's murder, because either could have happened with no intent to actually cause harm. And BL on the run because he is sure no one will believe him, which is highly probable.
If it were accidental, he could have immediately looked for help, and had a good chance at trial as long as there isn't any evidence of a murder, but instead he ran and left Gabby alone to be scavenged, eradicating any chance anyone would believe him. I in no way believe it was accidental. I also do not believe there will be a trial. Either Brian died or will plead out like the coward he is. IMO

Brian Laundrie: Police say no campsite was found at the nature reserve during search - CNN

North Port Police say investigators did not find a campsite in the sprawling nature reserve that has been the focus of the search for Brian Laundrie, the missing fiancé of Gabby Petito.

Police spokesperson Josh Taylor's confirmation that there was no campsite comes after a source close to the Laundrie family told CNN's Chris Cuomo that they had been informed by investigators that police had made a discovery in Florida's Carlton Reserve.

The source on Thursday insisted that the Laundrie family had been told a campsite had been found.
What's happening here? This isn't the first time MSM has published bad information. I have lost faith in their erroneous reporting and manipulative editing. It's a good thing that the FBI doesn't have to rely on them for their information.

The question of how they suddenly acquired money for the hotel and flight has been preying on my mind for a while.

How did they suddenly have the money to pay for those things when they didn't have money for a hotel room for a single night before?

Did they each phone their respective parents and say they'd had yet another bust up, and subsequently BL's parents paid for his flight home, and GP's parents paid for her hotel stay in SLC so they could have a week away from each other to cool down?

Does anyone know if the flight that was booked from SLC to FL was a return flight? Was there always the intention to return? Was it booked as a one way flight, maybe with the intention of splitting up for good, but upon returning to FL, BL changed his mind (either in defiance of his parents, or possibly persuaded by his parents) and decided to fly back out to Utah?

MOO
Per SB the attorney for BL it was paid out of GPs account.

Moo....BL said he didn't have the money for a hotel room. I think if he had ask GP for HER card to pay a hotel bill, it would have been another red flag for LE.

What I don't understand, if BL had money of his own, why didn't he have his own checking account? He worked at Publix per the media.

At anytime GP and BL could have added BLs name to GPs account or opened a joint account. I believe it was GPs money.

Moo....

If any of that happened, the cause of death would be put as unknown. Homicide has to have direct evidence of a crime. A broken neck is not evidence of a crime. A fractures skull is not enough. But lets say that you find a dagger sticking out of the back of a person, then you got homicide. A person can survive days out in the wild, before dying.

What if BL did not know she was dead at this time? The problem with have zero evidence and a whole bunch of speculation is false assumptions.

You assume he killed her, you assume he fled.

But the evidence clearly shows something different.
BBM. What exactly does the evidence show different??? He still had no right to use her card without his name being on the account. The fact that he most likely sent her mother a fake text on Aug. 30th implying that she was in Yosemite tells me that he knew that she was dead when he used her bank card.

Those dodgy text messages are going to come into it. If they can track where those were sent from...it will probably add to the pile of circumstantial evidence. LE has reason to believe she was dead in the days between 27th -31st. The "No service in Yosemite" text is clearly not true, nor by her own hand.

It points to deception. Guilty knowledge. If they can match BLs route back home, with the unauthorized bank card uses AND any digital data from her phone or other devices...

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think even if you are married, you still have to have a joint account (with both names on it) to be authorized to withdraw funds from it. Especially after the death of the account holder. I think the account owner (obviously while alive) can apply to have a person added, but it's a complicated process. Even PoA doesn't trump these laws.

Banks are very strict about this.
Took my sister about 10 minutes to add me to her account after her husband passed... but it took 3 days to remove her husband. Processing Death Certificate. This was Monday of this week.

My husband and I have a joint account, but each of us has our 'own' account also. We cannot access each others accounts, even at the same bank.

Some of you may be wondering why images are removed.

When posting an image you must include a url link to the source. When the url link of the source is not included, it is not only against WS TOS but is also a copyright violation.

Honestly I'm not convinced that the 8/30 text actually occurred because the "last text" specified on the hard drive search warrant was the "stan" text on 8/27. I can't help but think the 8/30 text was a pretense just to get the case moving. And they did not bring it up again. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021