GUILTY NM - Sasha Marie Krause, 27, murdered, Farmington, 18 Jan 2020 *arrests*

Cathy Russon @cathyrusson

#MennoniteMurder - Detective is asking Gooch about the Mennonite faith. She asks about the clothing then specifically about the head covering. (Sasha's had been removed, never found).

#MennoniteMurder - Detective tells Gooch she's working a homicide investigation of a woman named Sasha Krause. He said he's a little about it....can't clearly hear what he says.

#MennoniteMurder - Detective tells Gooch they have these things called license plate readrs and they know he was traveling that day. His vehicle was in the same area the day Krause went missing.

#MennoniteMurder - Gooch is asked where he went that day. He said he drove up to Flagstaff hoping the ski resort was open but it was closed due to the pandemic. He said he just "randomly" went to New Mexico. He said he was looking for a Mennonite church on his travel for "social"

#MennoniteMurder - Regarding driving the 7 hours to Farmington, NM. "Had you told anyone you were going there?" Gooch said no. Detective asks if he talks on the phone much w/family. He says not much. (She has his phone records and knows he spoke extensively to his bro that day)

Did anyone catch what happened today?

There was a two hour “lunch” with the defense mentioning something about “ethics” prior and the judge saying they needed to handle that so lunch would be extended.

Then defense returned and just rested their case - dismissing the jury two hours early. Defense had only called one ballistics witness and the defendants dad. That’s it! I would think there was a lot more opportunity to create reasonable doubt in this case.

The whole thing is really odd?! I don’t follow a ton of trials so am curious if someone who does has thoughts.

Did anyone catch what happened today?

There was a two hour “lunch” with the defense mentioning something about “ethics” prior and the judge saying they needed to handle that so lunch would be extended.

Then defense returned and just rested their case - dismissing the jury two hours early. Defense had only called one ballistics witness and the defendants dad. That’s it! I would think there was a lot more opportunity to create reasonable doubt in this case.

The whole thing is really odd?! I don’t follow a ton of trials so am curious if someone who does has thoughts.

Curious about that as well. I searched around and didn't see any news articles that mentioned it.

Still waiting on a verdict

I don't know what is taking this bunch a Arz Hayseeds so long to come to a conclusion.

It was Gooch's gun that was used to fire the bullet that killed her.
He Hated Mennonites - it is well documented .
He tried to hide the murder long gun via is brother in Wi
Cell phone data tracked him and Sasha to the murder site in Az. (two handsets, not just one)
He tried to delete Google tracking data but of course it had no effect on the cellphone data that the police could find.

All it lacked was a streetful of eyewitnesses.

This should have been a death penalty case (Ariz has the DP still) because of the premeditation and the targeting of a sect in a hate crime. I guess the SA thought he might no get a conviction if he couched it that way because - no witnesses and no confession. I hope they don't go soft and give GOoch anything less that life without possib. of parole.

KG

I'm glad the jury came to the conclusion they did. To my way of thinking, this was a more heinous crime than the charges reflect. Not only did he target her because of her religion, he committed sexually humiliating acts (theft of underwear and head covering). LE probably couldn't prove sexual assault, or wanted to spare the family, but it's obvious to me that this was part of the motive. If he was just looking to commit a murder there was no need to kidnap her and do everything else he did.

So it will be interesting to see how the sentencing works out.

I thought Mark Gooch was to be sentenced on November 24th but have been unable to verify that!
There is a site on Fbook called Justice for Sasha and from that , it appears a hearing was scheduled but it never came to pass. Nobody knows what the new date is or why the delay but at this stage, it appears the delay is until the new year. KG

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back