Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except that is a reality TV show that is likely very scripted and misleading, with camera people/staff nearby and also an entire crew to edit the footage to be more dramatic.

Yeah, people will do alot to survive but.. no one is ever at risk of really dying on that show imo. Real life is a lot different. I don't think Brian is a survivalist and I don't think reality TV show contestants are either.

I think some of these theories are getting a bit too fantastical at this point so I've mostly stepped away from the convo. Hand in the garden? Master of disguise? Being helped by outside figures when no friends of BL at all have surfaced? Of course anything is possible right now but it seems like all the theories are a bit outlandish... if they come to pass I'll stand corrected but right now .. I don't know what to think, but I don't think he's out in the wilderness evading all detection - especially if he's hungry, tired, weak, alone. That's all.

All JMO.
I agree with you on most counts but ones ability to survive the elements while evading capture could be better than we realize. My point in bringing up the show was because of the prior post about being able to boil water and finding things to eat, because as you stated it is a reality show and all things are embellished on those. That being said tho I dont believe he is in the reserve anymore, if at all. JMO

I concur with this thought. To get information and understand ones behaviors first requires getting the guard to go down. Casual conversation about Brian during a stroll, with subtle questions like “tell me about Brian as a kid”, and responses like, “that must have been frustrating, how did he handle that”, (as examples) can help in creating a picture of who Brian is that isn’t told in his social media. Such analysis can help LE better understand based on past behaviors what his future behavior and decisions may be, assuming he is still alive.
I also agree, I believe it’s to get CL to have an FBI member he can feel comfortable with, so if they decide to give any more information they’ll potentially ask for this guy, because rapport is there and a bond I suppose, it does create some form of trust. I mentioned earlier the fact that this FBI guy looks a bit like BL that this could also be a tactic.

At the moment I cannot understand how this 23 year old is evading the FBI and police this well, it’s baffling, I’m 35 and my husband is 30 in the military and an experienced hiker and I doubt very much that we could do it for this long. I was half joking before when I said could he be at the lawyers, I think maybe he could be because the lawyer could always say if the police turned up, he’s just turned himself over to me, I know it’s highly doubtful but this lawyer has known the family since BL was 3 years old. Just want him caught now. JMO

LOL I don't know if it's just generational...it seems like everyone is somebody's fiancée but they never seem to get married. Or they do after a couple of kids, I don't care who gets married or not, but if they are compelled to announce an engagement, for crying out loud, tell the world when the big day is, and follow through with your plan. jmo
I remember from somewhere that they planned to get married but COVID put a stop to it so they planned this dream trip instead. I can’t for the life of me remember where I heard it, I think it was gabbys dad who said it, maybe on dr phil.

I bet that agent is highly trained in building rapport and coaxing out information. Laughing with CL likely helped him relax, maybe think the agent is on his side, really just wants BL found safely, etc. like most of you, I don’t think that excursion had anything to do with whatever they looked at in the preserve. It was an information gathering mission, imo.

Very good point. I feel the spreading of the rumour about 'finding traces of a camp' can bee seen in the same light. LE is checking for the responses / actions the rumour and the joit search -wich even had a ?scripted? delay- from the L-family. Hope one day we'll learn what this all learned LE.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
Right. Tattoos symbolized their commitment. Fine. Unfortunately, neither a wedding nor the van trip was a good plan. jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
I also agree, I believe it’s to get CL to have an FBI member he can feel comfortable with, so if they decide to give any more information they’ll potentially ask for this guy, because rapport is there and a bond I suppose, it does create some form of trust. I mentioned earlier the fact that this FBI guy looks a bit like BL that this could also be a tactic.

At the moment I cannot understand how this 23 year old is evading the FBI and police this well, it’s baffling, I’m 35 and my husband is 30 in the military and an experienced hiker and I doubt very much that we could do it for this long. I was half joking before when I said could he be at the lawyers, I think maybe he could be because the lawyer could always say if the police turned up, he’s just turned himself over to me, I know it’s highly doubtful but this lawyer has known the family since BL was 3 years old. Just want him caught now. JMO

Also did you notice the uncanny resemblance the agent (at least from the side) had to BL?! I think it was all part of their plan.

I think there is probably a lot more happening behind the scenes with the FBI and LE that we are aware of. BL is 1 guy, up against a whole lot of people with more training and experience than he has.
He will be found. I am very confident of this, even with the slow days we have been having.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth