GUILTY WV - Riley Crossman, 15, Martinsburg, Morgan County, 7 May 2019 *arrest*

Seriously though. What recourse is there that this amount of ineffectiveness has occurred? How is this allowed to happen? I guess that is somewhat of a naive statement on my part but in the end, there are so many out there that see the major misses in this investigation. I have no doubt that AM disposed of the body. He's not a great guy. He's a criminal. Over and over again. But the miscarriage of justice for RC here is just appalling. I mean, the shed! Why wasn't it searched for evidence? Witnesses in this trial had said he was backed up to it. In the end,

Do you mean JW, the one who was working with AM on the worksite?

If it's another JW, maybe he ran. But a JW Definitely ran for magistrate.

Update!

Tuesday, October 5th:
*Trial continues (Day 7)-VERDICT REACHED! (@ am ET) - WV – Riley Grace Crossman (15) (reported missing May 8, 2019, Berkeley Springs; found May 16, 2019, near Tuscarora Pike in Berkeley County) - *Andrew (“Andy”) Jackson McCauley, Jr. (41/now 43) (mom’s BF) arrested & charged (5/16/19) & indicted (1/7/20) & re-indicted (6/17/21) with 1st degree murder, concealment of a deceased human body & felony charge of death of a child by a custodian by child abuse. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Trial was set to begin on 4/26/21. Jury selection began on 4/16 & jurors will be from Morgan County. Jury: 12 jurors & 2 alternates. These jurors will be let go & a new jury will be selected. First trial was cancelled due to COVID.
Trial began on 9/27/21. Jury selection started & finished on 9/17/21. Juror will come from Jefferson County & transported to the Morgan County courthouse. Trial expected to last 2 weeks. Jurors: 9 men & 7 women (i.e. 4 alternates). 10/4/21: Jurors deliberated for 3 ½ hours. 10/5/21: Jurors deliberated for 1/2 hour. Total deliberations: 4 hours. Found guilty of all charges.
Court info from 5/16/19 thru 8/19/21 & jury selection (9/17/21) & trial 9/27/21 to 10/4/21 (Day 1-6) reference post #710 here:
Found Deceased - WV - Riley Crossman, 15, Martinsburg, Morgan County, 7 May 2019 *arrest*

10/5/21 Tuesday, Trial Day 7: The 12-member Morgan County jury will resume deliberations. McCauley was found guilty Tuesday of first-degree murder, concealment of a body & death of a child by a custodian by child abuse. It took the jury about four hours over the course of two days to reach a verdict. McCauley faces life in prison. Sentencing is set for 11/4/21.

I think jury got the right verdict, the state can only prosecute with the evidence they have, to me Riley was murdered at home, no evidence she left, only two adults at home were her mother or defendant, it seems to have been a crime with a sexual element IMO, the defendant was admittedly on drugs, pre and post the murders, he took the green vehicle and left work, vehicle was seen at the house, vehicle was caught on CTV at relevant to the murder and disposal areas, the texts to her boyfriend,

sometimes the state has limited evidence, not their fault, but I think they did a good job getting this conviction

I would have differed with jury and given mercy, I think their are few people who should be given LWOP, I live in a country where approx 70-80 (not sure of exact figure) people have ever been given a whole life tariff (equivalent of LWOP) which means most prisoners are released back into society at some point and majority of prisoners integrate back into society after serving sentence

Ok - in post #708 - the article said sentencing on 11/4 - but this article which I can't access say "post trial motions" hearing on 11/4.

Post-trial motions in McCauley case to be held Nov. 4 following guilty verdicts

Can't someone give a 10% synopsis of this article for me - maybe they have a different date for sentencing?
TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif

With the recommendation, the court is now required to sentence McCauley to life in prison without the possibility of parole for the first-degree murder charge. He faces an additional 15 to life for the death by child abuse charged and one to five years for the concealment charge.

Sentencing is scheduled for 11:30 a.m. Nov. 4 in front of presiding Judge Debra McLaughlin. Prior to pronouncing the sentence, the court will hear any post-trial motions from the defense.

James alerted the court Tuesday that the state is considering filing a recidivism action against McCauley.”

Post-trial motions in McCauley case to be held Nov. 4 following guilty verdicts

Good. I thought the jury would find him guilty. I am not surprised.
Everyone from Morgan & Berkeley (& a lot of Jefferson) Counties, well not everyone but mostly, like 99+%, would’ve found him guilty. But had the case been heard in an county, a few counties away like Mineral, Hampshire or Grant, then maybe not. moo.
IMOO, people who know AM probably found that he had it coming. Poetic justice in a way, like OJ.

Thursday, November 4th:
*Sentencing Hearing with post-Trial Motions before (@ 11:30am ET) - WV – Riley Grace Crossman (15) (reported missing May 8, 2019, Berkeley Springs; found May 16, 2019, near Tuscarora Pike in Berkeley County) - *Andrew (“Andy”) Jackson McCauley, Jr. (41/now 43) (mom’s BF) arrested & charged (5/16/19) & indicted (1/7/20) & re-indicted (6/17/21) with 1st degree murder, concealment of a deceased human body & felony charge of death of a child by a custodian by child abuse. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Trial was set to begin on 4/26/21. Jury selection began on 4/16 & jurors will be from Morgan County. Jury: 12 jurors & 2 alternates. These jurors will be let go & a new jury will be selected. First trial was cancelled due to COVID.
Trial began on 9/27/21 and ended on 10/5/21. Jury selection started & finished on 9/17/21. Juror will come from Jefferson County & transported to the Morgan County courthouse. Trial expected to last 2 weeks. Jurors: 9 men & 7 women (i.e. 4 alternates). 10/4/21: Jurors deliberated for 3 ½ hours. 10/5/21: Jurors deliberated for ½ hours. Total deliberations: 4 hours. Found guilty of all charges.

Court info from 5/16/19 thru 8/19/21 & jury selection (9/17/21) & trial 9/27/21 to 10/4/21 (Day 1-6) reference post #710 here:
GUILTY - WV - Riley Crossman, 15, Martinsburg, Morgan County, 7 May 2019 *arrest*

10/5/21 Tuesday, Trial Day 7: The 12-member Morgan County jury will resume deliberations. McCauley was found guilty Tuesday of first-degree murder, concealment of a body & death of a child by a custodian by child abuse. It took the jury about four hours over the course of two days to reach a verdict. Following an emotional statement from the victim’s father, jurors also took less than 20 minutes in unanimously deciding to recommend that no mercy be attached to the verdict, thus requiring the judge to hand down a sentence of life without the possibility of parole for the convicted killer. Sentencing is scheduled for 11:30am 11/4/21 in front of presiding Judge Debra McLaughlin. Prior to pronouncing the sentence, the court will hear any post-trial motions from the defense.

Moo-big here....
I cannot share an MSM link at the moment, however if you’re interested in the findings of AM’s sentencing today, they can be found on at least one unapproved social media source.

I hope that this is within TOS. If not, I sincerely apologize. :/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back