Zodiac Killer

It seems like every 2-3 years, someone solves this case again.

Give me a confession with previously unreleased, info and a DNA match ill buy it, hell ill take a fingerprint latch at this point

So Tom Voigt is really angry about Poste possibly being the killer. Because of course the Gaikowski fan would act like that about a new suspect.

Voigt obviously has a sizeable ego, but I had to laugh at this. It's from yesterday's Rolling Stone interview.

The [Gary Poste] case they’ve presented in public is probably one of the weakest I think I’ve ever seen against any so-called suspect. You know, I’ve had people honestly contact me thinking Clint Eastwood was Zodiac, L. Ron Hubbard was the Zodiac. People that thought that Bill Russell, the basketball player, seven foot tall, black guy. They were serious and they had a whole team. They had a whole laundry list of reasons why Bill Russell was the Zodiac. I would put Gary Poste down there with Bill Russell as being one of the worst suspects I’ve ever seen.
'Hot Garbage': Zodiac Expert Calls '' on Possible ID of Infamous Serial Killer

Voigt obviously has a sizeable ego, but I had to laugh at this. It's from yesterday's Rolling Stone interview.

The [Gary Poste] case they’ve presented in public is probably one of the weakest I think I’ve ever seen against any so-called suspect. You know, I’ve had people honestly contact me thinking Clint Eastwood was Zodiac, L. Ron Hubbard was the Zodiac. People that thought that Bill Russell, the basketball player, seven foot tall, black guy. They were serious and they had a whole team. They had a whole laundry list of reasons why Bill Russell was the Zodiac. I would put Gary Poste down there with Bill Russell as being one of the worst suspects I’ve ever seen.
'Hot Garbage': Zodiac Expert Calls '********' on Possible ID of Infamous Serial Killer

This article is a great read! :D

121520_zodiac_web.jpg

“After a statewide examination, the renowned sleuths have recovered new physical and forensic evidence, signed up eyewitnesses, filed court affidavits, and secured decades of pictures from Poste’s former darkroom. That includes photographic proof, as a former FBI agent put it, of “irrefutable” scars on our Zodiac’s forehead – spotted by 3 witnesses and an observing cop, then later passed on to the 1969 SFPD sketch artist,” their statement said.
Cold Case Team Thinks They've Identified the Zodiac Killer

Is there anyone still alive who saw Zodiac's face (sans mask) and could positively identify him?

Given there's no DNA evidence we know to be Zodiac's (just partial prints from stamps) the best way to solve the case - if it can be solved - is via the ciphers.

121520_zodiac_web.jpg

“After a statewide examination, the renowned sleuths have recovered new physical and forensic evidence, signed up eyewitnesses, filed court affidavits, and secured decades of pictures from Poste’s former darkroom. That includes photographic proof, as a former FBI agent put it, of “irrefutable” scars on our Zodiac’s forehead – spotted by 3 witnesses and an observing cop, then later passed on to the 1969 SFPD sketch artist,” their statement said.
Cold Case Team Thinks They've Identified the Zodiac Killer

Wait for it, unless theres physical evidence to actually link this (I dont know how many suspects there have been at this point) .....Im not buying it

Composites are about 50/50 nowadays, back then I dont even know how accurate they were ,

hypatia-h_6c41504bc8fba1be1aabeef04164728c-h_c6fdf79ad5152853df3fd51fc221cec8.jpg

FILE - In this May 3, 2018, file photo, a San Francisco Police Department wanted bulletin and copies of letters sent to the San Francisco Chronicle by a man who called himself Zodiac are displayed in San Francisco. (AP Photo/Eric Risberg, File)
Independent group claims it solved the mystery behind the identity of the Zodiac Killer as law enforcement investigates – Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News

What Is The Zodiac Killer's Identity? After Gary Poste's 'Identity Revealed,' the full suspect list was released. | The Washington Newsday

Someone on Reddit said that Poste was cleared six years ago.

As expected, that user didn’t provide any evidence. The lies these people tell to get rid of suspects in favor of their own, I swear…

5CD68DA4-CD9E-435F-8A73-A86C250C66C9.jpeg
Anyways, here’s a yearbook photo of Poste (allegedly). It was taken six years before the murders. If only he were wearing glasses in that picture.

I have a hard time beleiving that a case, like this was "solved" by an independant group even with their said backgrounds , from whom evidence was withheld as the FBI has been doing for years, with this case.

Yet the FBI itself , even with today's advances in technology HASN'T solved one of this countries biggest murder mysteries .

If the FBI was involved, they'd utilize any usable DNA get it into the genealogy database, see if theres a match if even distant and work back.

They certainly wouldn't allow an independent group to handle or analyze any real evidence, other then what was released, to the public.

Therefore this group was working with no more than what the general public would, despite their backgrounds .

With no actual evidence, to link any individual to this series of murders, were looking at nothing more than a theory at best.

If it proves true then wonderful, but Im very doubtful.

Everyone I know has a theory on this case, I have one as well , but unless you or I can PROVE it , its nothing more than that .

As of 2 hours ago the FBI says the case, is "Still open and unsolved "

Zodiac Killer case remains 'open and unsolved,' FBI says

The Case Breakers claim they have evidence that Poste killed Cheri Jo Bates, 18, who was found dead with more than 40 stab wounds in an alleyway on the campus of Riverside City College after her father reported her missing, Fox News reported.

But police in Riverside told the San Francisco Chronicle they debunked that theory in August."

“Is there a chance that [Poste] killed Cheri Jo Bates? No,” Riverside Police Officer Ryan Railsback told the newspaper. “If you read what they put out, it’s all circumstantial evidence. It’s not a whole lot.”

"Sources at both the FBI and San Francisco police told the Chronicle that the evidence put forth by the Case Breakers team didn’t appear to be conclusive."

Sounds to me like they simply zeroed in on a suspect and tried to make evidence fit the guy they wanted, like so many others have

Last edited:
A disturbing thought- it's entirely possible Gary is responsible for some of the killings credited to the Zodiac. What if he's the one who killed Donna Lass?

IMO Arthur Leigh Allen is most likely the Zodiac. But that doesn't discount the possibility of a copycat.

A disturbing thought- it's entirely possible Gary is responsible for some of the killings credited to the Zodiac. What if he's the one who killed Donna Lass?

IMO Arthur Leigh Allen is most likely the Zodiac. But that doesn't discount the possibility of a copycat.

Even more disturbing is what if Poste has absolutely nothing to do with it and his name was dragged through the mud because an "independent group" decided he was their guy

Look at the Tammy Zywicki case, Lonnie Bierbrodt was considered a suspect for years even after his death , though experts disagrred with it , he remained a suspect, his family lived under the stigma until a year ago , when recent DNA analysis eliminated Bierbrodt as a suspect. The man died years ago under suspicion, and proclaimed his innocence until death .

This group had a suspect they liked, and they threw the guys name out there with nothing to actually link him to ANYTHING .

In doing so youre claiming someone is serial killer , because you have nothing more than a theory .

Its dangerous and irresponsible , and morally reprehensible unless you have physical evidence .

Even more disturbing is what if Poste has absolutely nothing to do with it and his name was dragged through the mud because an "independent group" decided he was their guy

Look at the Tammy Zywicki case, Lonnie Bierbrodt was considered a suspect for years even after his death , though experts disagrred with it , he remained a suspect, his family lived under the stigma until a year ago , when recent DNA analysis eliminated Bierbrodt as a suspect. The man died years ago under suspicion, and proclaimed his innocence until death .

This group had a suspect they liked, and they threw the guys name out there with nothing to actually link him to ANYTHING .

In doing so youre claiming someone is serial killer , because you have nothing more than a theory .

Its dangerous and irresponsible , and morally reprehensible unless you have physical evidence .
This was my first thought too. Yes, he’s dead. But still. Extremely reckless IMO.

I beleive Arthur Leigh Allen was ruled out through multiple means , dont quote me though
(handwriting , DNA and fingerprints, ) though the fingerprint evidence in this case, is extremely weak , being that the fingerprints they do have dont match from either scene, but again those were from a taxi that has carried unknown numbers of occupants, and a public pay phone

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood