AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, more than likely, in the best case scenario, the family is clueless about what happened to Summer. I don't care if every one of them was standing around in the yard, the yard is full of stuff that is tall enough to hide SW from view without her even trying to hide.

I have only watched the beginning of the new video and they're in the "establishing a baseline" phase. So, i can't comment much on any of that yet.

But, I will say, that if my daughter was missing (which i don't have a daughter), my mind would be just racing around trying to think of any and every possibility which would probably lead to some crazy sounding theories. I don't know if I would share these, but if i was really desperate... Maybe, idk.

As for the door, i am thinking it is supposed to be kept locked at some times. But, there are also times when various people going in and out (namely Summer... Not just her, but she's the one who is missing and she's only five), it just isn't locked. So, no one is lying so much as just the reality of how the door gets used versus how it is supposed to be used, maybe.

I'm pretty sure that if LE (and the FBI) thought the step sisters were involved, they would have been interviewed and under 24 hour surveillance. Possibly even a phone tap and a search warrant for property, structures and chattels.

I am going back to the "social media rumors", what are these the "rumors"? In general terms.

I know they can't tell us everything they are doing. I get that.

But, if they are going to repeatedly make a statement they should clarify it just a bit.

Is it the drug thing? The moonshine thing (which i scarcely believe because liquor stores exist)? The scream (which, i guess, the sheriff doesn't believe)?

Do they just not want any discussion on this case at all? What?

I don't know where this stupid truck is. I thought i found one, but it turned out to be a Ford.

I don't think LE cares what people discuss so much as what they call in to the tip line.

I think people on social media are coming up with a broad category I'd call "investigative ideas" and calling them into the tip line and these are the rumors LE is talking about. I think they encompass everything from those you listed (scream etc), to things they think they heard on the police scanner (sometimes out of other counties), to things they have seen on YouTube and suspect LE don't know about, to suggestions on how LE should investigate the many different people involved or their vehicles, text messages etc.

I think people are desperate to feel like they are a part of this case or were the reason it is solved so they are, in effect, wasting LE's time with all of these ideas/rumors. And people are getting egged on by social media where they talk with others and communally get fired up that LE isn't solving it quick enough, is incompetent, or needs to release more information (as they say, to enable the public to help LE, but really to satisfy their interest).

So I don't think LE can specify a particular type of rumor they want to hear less of. They want the public to stop wasting the investigators' time with every type of "sleuthing" idea and only call if they personally saw or know something about Summer's whereabouts.

Ya’ll will have to carry on minus me in the SA talk. If LE arrests DW for such crimes then I hope the full extent of the law comes down on him. Otherwise for me this has nothing to do with Summer. I feel like any defense of DW is countered with blanket SA statements. It’s the default. IMO

Thank you for saying this.

While I say separate crimes need to be investigated properly, truly they've all taken the focus off a missing 5 year old.

Jmo

Okay, to clarify, DW says his theory is that his stepsister's may have taken Summer to protect her from his SA:

"and maybe they believed my daughter was in danger, maybe they actually believe this , i don't know..."

His step sisters have accused him publicly of SA of them when they were young. So if he is now saying they 'actually believed it' and then kidnapped Summer to save her from him...:eek:

Doesn't his own theory prove that his stepsisters were telling the truth then?

And didn't he also say (and they have said so, too) that they didn't even know Summer existed until she went missing? Is his theory that they are lying about knowing she existed AND are lying about the SA?

I know I've said it before but I'll say it again. These are the sort of statements that have me scratching my head. Candus claims she went down to the basement to look for Summer and freaked out when she wasn't there. Why, if the basement door was "typically unlocked or open"?

Also, it's now gone to, "was typically unlocked or open"? Didn't Candus say the doors were usually locked "no-one in, no-one out"?

She made a point in her interview with Chris to lock the basement door.

Now he's floating the possibility that maybe she could have gone back up to Gma's...How is that possible without being seen by anyone in the family?

Don't even get me started on his theory about CM and step-sisters taking her :confused:o_O.

He's still making zero sense and needs to shut up talking until he has something of worth to add. All he needs to do is get on MSM and plead for his daughter's safe return, instead of muddying the waters with every interview IMO.
Great post !
It's unlikely that Summer vanished with no one noticing what with 5 people present that day -- and no one knows where DW was, but no workers have vouched for him being at work the entire day.
Someone knows something.
Imo.

It's a real shame this case has dragged on this long. As we get towards the fall, the opportunity arises to perform more intense grid searches once it gets cold enough and the vegetation dies off, you can really see the ground. That is when a lot of missing people are located by hunters and fall woodland hikers. It would be the ideal time to rule in or rule out if SW wandered off and got lost in the woods, or....if someone disposed of her in the woods. Also drone searches would be more effective with no leaves on the trees.

This news interview is new. It is with DW and the sheriff (interviewed separately).

The dog trail is shown including where it is in relation to the house and the road. There is video of dogs tracking on it. The sheriff confirms that the dogs had a good scent on the dog trail, but that they lost the scent at the road.

The scream... I get the idea the sheriff means they concluded looking into it a couple of months ago, not that it happened at that time. Jmo.

This news interview is new. It is with DW and the sheriff (interviewed separately).

The dog trail is shown including where it is in relation to the house and the road. There is video of dogs tracking on it. The sheriff confirms that the dogs had a good scent on the dog trail, but that they lost the scent at the road.

The scream... I get the idea the sheriff means they concluded looking into it a couple of months ago, not that it happened at that time. Jmo.
Hmmm So now CH,and CW were outside. Outside!!!!! The Red Toyota Tacoma has not actually been found. Tell me again where all the misinformation is coming from. Social media, or the horses mouths? MOO

Really? No workers saw DW that day? I didn't know that.

I wonder where his phone and his car think they were.

A timeline of events in the disappearance of Summer Wells | Charlotte Observer
June 18, 2021: Summer’s father spoke to media outlets for the first time, saying he was at work when Summer went missing.

So far in the case only DW and CBW have said he was at work the entire day.
Still looking, but I haven't heard any employees who have come forward to vouch for the entire day ?

It would be better if LE say either way, for verification.
Hopefully the case hasn't gone cold; but LE seem to be waiting for something to break ?

Imo.

Last edited:
A timeline of events in the disappearance of Summer Wells | Charlotte Observer
June 18, 2021: Summer’s father spoke to media outlets for the first time, saying he was at work when Summer went missing.

So far in the case only DW and CBW have said he was at work the entire day.
Still looking, but I haven't heard any employees who have come forward to vouch for the entire day ?

It would be better if LE say either way, for verification.
Hopefully the case hasn't gone cold; but LE seem to be waiting for something to break ?

Imo.
Okay, are you saying that they (eta: co-workers) have not specifically said to the media they saw him? If so, that just means they didn't talk to the media.

I read that link. I don't really know what you were trying to point to. I know DW said he was at work. Please clarify.

ETA: i don't know why LE hasn't said definitively DW was at work. But, jmo moo imo, i think that means he was there, they just don't have every minute nailed down, but idk.

Hmmm So now CH,and CW were outside. Outside!!!!! The Red Toyota Tacoma has not actually been found. Tell me again where all the misinformation is coming from. Social media, or the horses mouths? MOO
I don't know how anyone can know where they were because I don't think they know exactly when SW went missing.

Okay, are you saying that they (eta: co-workers) have not specifically said to the media they saw him? If so, that just means they didn't talk to the media.

I read that link. I don't really know what you were trying to point to. I know DW said he was at work. Please clarify.

ETA: i don't know why LE hasn't said definitively DW was at work. But, jmo moo imo, i think that means he was there, they just don't have every minute nailed down, but idk.
Yes, agreed , esp. your last sentence (the bolded). ^^^

The clues might be in the movements of that day ?
But LE are revealing so little ... that it's theory only at this time.
The timeline is still not very solid; imo.

I'm uncertain as to why I think someone knows something. and I might be wrong.
Maybe it's just as it seems on the surface, and the timeline is off for other reasons ?
MOO.

I don't know how anyone can know where they were because I don't think they know exactly when SW went missing.
Sorry I don't believe that. They keep changing the story, timeline, who,what,when,where. DW being the go to guy for answers. He was not even there. Two minutes, oh wait no. The Red Toyota Tacoma has been Found. Nope It has not. You know what never ever changes? The Truth. The Truth never ever changes. It's constant. MOO

Regarding the WVLT interview: I'm glad DW reached out to msm as I believe there's a wider audience than can be found on YT. I didn't care for the subtle blaming of the boys for possibly leaving the basement door open. CB herself claimed she locked the boys in on the day Summer went missing and now her husband is saying that they couldn't control them from constantly leaving the door unlocked and open.

It's also interesting (IMO) that sheriff Lawson said (@4:15, link is above from @December) that the alleged scream was (paraphrasing) investigated months earlier and deemed unfounded. It sounded like maybe another agency, possibly TBI or CARD, looked into it and for some reason didn't believe it was connected.

Sheriff Lawson told the reporter (3:15) that Ben Hill road isn't a "hot spot" of drugs. He also stated once more (5:10) that "Everyone in Summer's case is still a suspect." "Suspect" implies a crime yet LE hasn't come straight out and said a crime has been committed.

And if DW was at work when Summer went missing why can't LE just clear him? In little Christopher Ramirez' case the stepdad is an RSO and LE stated they had cleared him. Why the holdup for DW? It's frustrating. MOO.

Sorry I don't believe that. They keep changing the story, timeline, who,what,when,where. DW being the go to guy for answers. He was not even there. Two minutes, oh wait no. The Red Toyota Tacoma has been Found. Nope It has not. You know what never ever changes? The Truth. The Truth never ever changes. It's constant. MOO
I am not talking about all the other things that seem to change. I am only talking about indoors/outdoors in relation to other events (SW missing, the scream).

If someone was in and out during the relevant time period (which is longer than two minutes, imo), they might not be certain if they were in or out at any exact moment. they don't know the exact time to reference and these people don't keep up with time.

I am not willing to die on this hill, that's just why i said that. I don't think they had a lot of good details about the exact time SW went missing. Moo.

The truck and the door and everything else, is a different subject. I do not even begin to understand all the stories about this truck. That is probably the biggest loss there because, for a while, some local people thought the thing had been found.

But, you're right, DW wasn't there. So, if he believes CB's version of events and relates it as he understands it, then that should read as him being truthful.

As for CB, maybe she is telling the truth as far as she knows, idk. But, what if she is just wrong? That can happen... People can get details wrong even if they are not trying to deceive anyone.

I am not vouching for anyone's truthfulness or accusing them of lying. Sometimes i feel like i just don't know anything and this is one of those times.

Yes, agreed , esp. your last sentence (the bolded). ^^^

The clues might be in the movements of that day ?
But LE are revealing so little ... that it's theory only at this time.
The timeline is still not very solid; imo.

I'm uncertain as to why I think someone knows something. and I might be wrong.
Maybe it's just as it seems on the surface, and the timeline is off for other reasons ?
MOO.
It is because this case is going to be about some detail that is going to seem obvious in retrospect. But, none of us want that "retrospect" to be 20 years from now.

I don't know what it is going to be....

But it is very frustrating not having basic details filled in for us. Moo, DW was at work... I just think it would have come to light by now if he had not been there. But, moo...

It is because this case is going to be about some detail that is going to seem obvious in retrospect. But, none of us want that "retrospect" to be 20 years from now.

I don't know what it is going to be....

But it is very frustrating not having basic details filled in for us. Moo, DW was at work... I just think it would have come to light by now if he had not been there. But, moo...
Yep.
I am thinking through some theories , but the only fact I know at this time is that Summer is missing.
I'm still at square one.
Which is awful.
Wish there were answers by now !
Imo.

Yep.
I am thinking through some theories , but the only fact I know at this time is that Summer is missing.
I'm still at square one.
Which is awful.
Wish there were answers by now !
Imo.

I'm not at square one.
Lots of answers here.
DW is giving them to us.
His cooperation speaks volumes.

He can speak freely to the biggest interrogators in the business and have no fear of him being found out that he is responsible for the disappearance of his daughter.

Why is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member