Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I think most areas are like that today. I live in a "bedroom community" and we have a homeless camp. With so much help out there and public access to not only showers, but bathrooms and food, it's very easy to live on the streets. Not safe, but easy.
I still think he's either close to his FL home or close to where he grew up in NY.
Homeless probably don’t listen to news and just stay to themselves as much as possible. JMOO

If he seemed nervous talking to the cops in Moab, he must struggle to get simple words out at little stores on the AT. JMO

Doesn't really come across as the rugged, survivalist, outdoorsman type Imho. Maybe BL knows some things but to be able to survive in the wilderness for this long, alone, off the land just foraging and getting by on supplies and his wits? I don't think so.

And I think most areas are like that today. I live in a "bedroom community" and we have a homeless camp. With so much help out there and public access to not only showers, but bathrooms and food, it's very easy to live on the streets. Not safe, but easy.
I still think he's either close to his FL home or close to where he grew up in NY.
The thing is that Los Angeles is not a bedroom community. It’s a huge city. There is not just one homeless camp it’s thousands. Just my opinion and in all respect.

Gabby Petito: Florida police say no phones located in van, no campsite found: LIVE UPDATES

LIVE Updates

Protesters hammer Gabby Petito poster on Laundries' front lawn

The makeshift memorial for Gabby Petito in North Port will come down Tuesday

Georgia man explains why he traveled to Florida to help search for Brian Laundrie

FBI using Brian Laundrie’s father for a more targeted search, former agent says

'Justice for Gabby' banners fly over Laundrie home

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Leading attorneys weigh in on case tied to Gabby Petito homicide

Petito attorney says family's 'top priority' is bringing Gabby's body home

Appalachian Trail ideal place to 'get lost,' thru-hiker says

Laundrie attorney: No plans for parents to resume searching today

Florida police say no phones found in Gabby Petito’s van, no campsite found

Just thinking out loud. Could he potentially be in a substance use recovery facility. Even the disclosures allowed with court orders would require LE to have some knowledge of where he might be in order to obtain the proper subpoena.

https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-42/chapter-I/subchapter-A/part-2

42 CFR Part 2, The regulations in this part prohibit the disclosure and use of patient records unless certain circumstances exist. If any circumstance exists under which disclosure is permitted, that circumstance acts to remove the prohibition on disclosure but it does not compel disclosure. Thus, the regulations do not require disclosure under any circumstances.

...The presence of an identified patient in a health care facility or component of a health care facility which is publicly identified as a place where only substance use disorder diagnosis, treatment, or referral for treatment is provided may be acknowledged only if the patient's written consent is obtained in accordance with subpart C of this part or if an authorizing court order is entered in accordance with subpart E of this part. The regulations permit acknowledgement of the presence of an identified patient in a health care facility or part of a health care facility if the health care facility is not publicly identified as only a substance use disorder diagnosis, treatment, or referral for treatment facility, and if the acknowledgement does not reveal that the patient has a substance use disorder.

...An order of a court of competent jurisdiction entered under this subpart is a unique kind of court order. Its only purpose is to authorize a disclosure or use of patient information which would otherwise be prohibited by 42 U.S.C. 290dd-2 and the regulations in this part. Such an order does not compel disclosure. A subpoena or a similar legal mandate must be issued in order to compel disclosure. This mandate may be entered at the same time as and accompany an authorizing court order entered under the regulations in this part.

Allot of wanted people on the run haven’t been caught for years. They survived without help. Blended in with the crowd. Ted Bundt for 1
Was Ted Bundy identified b
I have tried to keep up with all the thoughts here. I would like to chime in with mine. I live in Los Angeles. If he made it here. It’s huge. You can so easily be on the run, and still have access to food pantries, couch surfing, showers, clothing etc etc etc. And no one would even question. For all I know he could be trading art for food, or a couch for the night on Venice Beach and no one would blink an eye. Or recognize most likely. There are so many guys here that look exactly the same. I don’t think he is off camping in some park somewhere practicing survival skills. Just my opinion again.
That is a good point, A recent interview with a retired investigator drew a simular conclusion. Few have come to the consensus that he is an advanced survivalist, in the terms that he can survive in a multitude of difficult climates. The number one thing in survival is shelter, and I have not seen that in the searches. So your observation makes sense.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Appalachian Trail ideal place to 'get lost,' thru-hiker says

Although there have been conflicting reports regarding the extent of his skills as an outdoorsman, he has a history of spending lengthy periods of time at state and national parks.

It’s the wrong time of year to start heading north on the Appalachian Trail from its southern tip in Georgia, according to trail guides, but the stretch along the North Carolina-Tennessee border could be an ideal place to hide out. Even though it’s nearing the end of the southward season, with thru-hikers who started up in Maine nearing completion, the trail meanders its way along the state lines in places far removed from major towns.

"The southern and northern extremes of the trail are the areas where you really can just hunker down and get lost out there," said Orlando Calas Jr., a 23-year-old thru-hiker who has completed the entire trail.

Fresh water is plentiful, he said, as long as you have a basic filter. And although food could be more difficult, it’s still available.

That is a good point, A recent interview with a retired investigator drew a simular conclusion. Few have come to the consensus that he is an advanced survivalist, in the terms that he can survive in a multitude of difficult climates. The number one thing in survival is shelter, and I have not seen that in the searches. So your observation makes sense.
I will add I read somewhere he is familiar with California with a prior trip with GP. Again, just a thought.

Ted Bundy was identified, caught, escaped from jail twice which extended his run from the law.
How One Notorious Serial Killer Got Caught

I guess the L family aren’t liked very much. Wonder if it’s been for awhile or just since Gabby was murdered?
Seeing her happy face makes me so sad, and it is so heartbreaking to me that these people’s actions make them out to be so incredibly heartless.

I wouldn’t put it past them to blame GP for getting their son in this mess. I believe they are that twisted, just like BL.

MOO

Gabby Petito: Florida police say no phones located in van, no campsite found: LIVE UPDATES

LIVE Updates

Protesters hammer Gabby Petito poster on Laundries' front lawn

The makeshift memorial for Gabby Petito in North Port will come down Tuesday

Georgia man explains why he traveled to Florida to help search for Brian Laundrie

FBI using Brian Laundrie’s father for a more targeted search, former agent says

'Justice for Gabby' banners fly over Laundrie home

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Leading attorneys weigh in on case tied to Gabby Petito homicide

Petito attorney says family's 'top priority' is bringing Gabby's body home

Appalachian Trail ideal place to 'get lost,' thru-hiker says

Laundrie attorney: No plans for parents to resume searching today

Florida police say no phones found in Gabby Petito’s van, no campsite found

I especially like this one: Florida police say no phones found in Gabby Petito’s van, no campsite found considering the van was in the Laundries sole custody for 11+ days.

I almost feel like telling the NPPD "Thanks, Captain Obvious."

So I’m thinking, if I’m BL’s parents and my kid contacts me on his way home, in a van, distressed because he says he accidentally killed his girlfriend during an argument, or she took off and he just found her dead in the woods, or whatever dumb story a guy that age might concoct…

…and I’m smart/awful enough to immediately lawyer my kid up, deflect the girl’s parents, keep LE at arm’s length for days, etc…

…I’m probably also looking for a way to get my kid out of the area, long before the girl’s body turns up, and long before LE knows he’s on the run. I’m probably getting together as much cash as I can without attracting attention (cash back from normal purchases? Maybe I keep some in my home?), and I’m looking to get him into some crowded or rural location where he can lay low, throw on a hat and mask when he needs to restock his supply of baked beans and peanut butter at the Dollar General, and stretch that money to last until the heat dies down a bit.

And I’ll probably mess up eventually by making contact with him, or he’ll mess up by getting lonely or bored and venturing too far from hiding in plain sight, and he’ll get caught.

MOO

I have tried to keep up with all the thoughts here. I would like to chime in with mine. I live in Los Angeles. If he made it here. It’s huge. You can so easily be on the run, and still have access to food pantries, couch surfing, showers, clothing etc etc etc. And no one would even question. For all I know he could be trading art for food, or a couch for the night on Venice Beach and no one would blink an eye. Or recognize most likely. There are so many guys here that look exactly the same. I don’t think he is off camping in some park somewhere practicing survival skills. Just my opinion again.
San Diego here - I saw not less than 6 people just today that looked strikingly similar to him. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288