Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I no longer know if i should :

1)Believe the SUN when they say HCW state this or that, most likely I shouldn't.
2)The SUN posted that stuff about the UK LEA now believing MM was killed by CB even if at first they had doubts so, should we believe the SUN on this if the SUN already "invented" that Charged By Christmas stuff ?

Honestly without access to files and with so much information on the media that are un-reliable this is hopeless. I can't make conclusions because I don't know what facts are lie and what facts are truth (regarding MM case).

Defending the decision not to show the McCanns the evidence that leads prosecutors to believe Madeleine is dead, he said: “If I did ...is very possible that they would then no longer have any hope.”

So how will HCW charge/take CB to court for MM killing ? If he does that and CB ends up accused of killing MM how would the MM parents "hope" be ? Sorry, this is a dumbest excuse.

Let's see :

1) "Mirror" attempted to get some clarifications from HCW regarding JC book, or so it seams.

However, the prosecutors now admit they have no proof Madeleine is dead – despite authorities in Braunschweig telling the McCanns last year that they had “evidence” she is no longer alive.

(This shows some "inconsistence" over the statments.)

Mr Wolters said they have no idea how she died and no DNA or photo evidence linking the German sex offender to the alleged murder.

(This shows that I was correct on the part of no abuse photo of MM but the fact that he have no idea how she died removes the chance of CB to have written or tell some friends about it).

(Maybe the Word file / if exists / contains a list of victims or just tells that CB killed her but doesn't provide details ?) (Maybe a list/log of robbery or diary of crimes ?)

Evidence being investigated includes a “confession” Brueckner made to a pal and phone analysis showing he was at the Ocean Club when the toddler vanished. Mr Wolters said: “It is circumstantial evidence – we have no scientific evidence.

(What i stated they have from day one I posted here - Witness only) (Also read my other post today about other stuff i think they might had).

If we had a video of the act or a picture of Madeleine dead with Brueckner on camera, we wouldn’t have had to make a public appeal. But we only have circumstantial evidence.”

(Hope that all of those WS posters that argued with me over this matter are now clarifyed. Only other option would be tottaly unreasonable - HCW not entering that data on interpol database. The rest you guys can guess. Yes, i did check.)

Brueckner was living in a camper van close to Praia da Luz when Madeleine disappeared. UK and German police first became aware of him as a suspect in 2017 but only went public with it last June.

(Confirms 2017 date. meaning all stuff prior to that was not enough to made him a strong suspect, example it was NOT some text/evidences found on 2016 on the USB sticks.)

Mr Wolters dismissed as “rubbish” a recent report that the probe will end by Christmas, but said it is likely Brueckner will be charged early next year with other alleged offences in Portugal.

(So looks like that HCW finaly got his word about JC "claims". This makes us put doubt about all stuff that JC claimed that HCW told him on interview.)

They include the rape of an Irish woman in the Algarve in 2004 and two incidents where he allegedly flashed at youngsters.

(Good that HCW did confirm this)

He said a “very big number” have been interviewed but the team has yet to find the person Brueckner spoke to on the phone around the time Madeleine went missing.

(So this was not found yet).

He added: “We’ve found no evidence to clear Mr Brueckner of suspicion. Everything we’ve found fits in the picture. We’re perhaps halfway through.”

(halfway through is bad)

Defending the decision not to show the McCanns the evidence that leads prosecutors to believe Madeleine is dead, he said: “If I did ...is very possible that they would then no longer have any hope.”

(this for me is .... very bad excuse and makes no sense).

- End of comment - all was my oppinion.

Mr Wolter, who is leading the investigation, said: “It is now possible that we could charge. We have that evidence now’

That’s huge IMO. That’s the very first time that they’ve confirmed they have enough evidence to charged CB. Whatever they’ve got must be very credible, substantial & significant.

I wasn’t certain they were going to get enough to arrest, but not it seems like they have

Mr Wolter, who is leading the investigation, said: “It is now possible that we could charge. We have that evidence now’

That’s huge IMO. That’s the very first time that they’ve confirmed they have enough evidence to charged CB. Whatever they’ve got must be very credible, substantial & significant.

I wasn’t certain they were going to get enough to arrest, but not it seems like they have

Wasn't there supposed to of been a meeting between English portuguese and German police this summer?

I’d hoped the PJ would have been more helpful in terms of
helping the BKA . I still think this case needs another feature episode added to the Netflix documentary series to push it over the line , it’s original airing proved helpful and even brought MT forward . It’s confusing at the best of times for people who know the case so no wonder the general public is growing tired of the slow progress . I still think CB is the person responsible but he’s had the opportunity to cover his tracks since 2013 at the latest .

HCW is working out of how he is going to get himself out of this huge mess he has created IMO, this is going absolutely nowhere, if he has no body, forensics or photos/videos then what does he have that is going to make a murder charge stick?, a phone call and hearsay evidence are never gonna cut it.

When HCW first went public, I said I hoped he would be able to handle the media.

He has been forced into this Mirror exclusive precisely because he mishandled the media, giving lots of silly briefings to junk publications, ending in a big mess.

He should have been doing on the record briefings in the first place, to get one consistent narrative out there.

So how will HCW charge/take CB to court for MM killing ? If he does that and CB ends up accused of killing MM how would the MM parents "hope" be ? Sorry, this is a dumbest excuse.

Agreed. It makes no sense to me and never has. He just said they are 100% convinced CB killed MM.

I am leaning towards my Carnival of Mirrors theory now.

I believe HCW is confirming there is no photo or video (as I've maintained all along, if they had this, they'd had told the parents).

So it is something that comes well after 5a - and my suspicion is CB has put himself in the firing line with his confession, and likely some other digital evidence.

What could then happen is confirmation bias. They investigate the theory, and find the perfect suspect. It all fits. But they still seem to have nothing directly connecting him to the murder or body. And of course they will never find those things if CB didn't actually do it.

This makes me wonder, how they can have enough circumstantial evidence to charge, without some direct evidence MM is dead.

Anyway, HCW has played his own personal get out of jail card. He has the goods on CB but will charge early next year. If we assume that is spring - then we are looking at 6 months or more

Overall this interview doesn't fill me with great confidence

EXCLUSIVE: This is no comedy - Madeleine McCann prime suspect has no right to call a new book on the case ‘a comic’ - Olive Press News Spain

Olive Press editor Jon Clarke insists German paedophile Christian Brueckner – who is currently serving seven years for the rape of a pensioner – is in ‘no position’ to criticise his book My Search for Madeleine that took 14 months of painstaking research.

o_Oo_Oo_O

What frustrates me about this kind of coverage is that it casually invokes a conspiracy theory. That bent PJ cops are in the business of framing parents for killing their kids.

We had an entire legal case up to the Supreme Court of Portugal which confirmed that the direction of travel of a large scale legal investigation. This was not just one detective on a vendetta. Lots of people were involved, with supervision from Justice department and the whole thing was politically sensitive.

So in the same way I don't buy the GA conspiracy, I also don't buy this was a PJ conspiracy

If it was - why would they have had RM as their prime suspect and spent the first months of the search working on pedos and abduction?

What frustrates me about this kind of coverage is that it casually invokes a conspiracy theory. That bent PJ cops are in the business of framing parents for killing their kids.

We had an entire legal case up to the Supreme Court of Portugal which confirmed that the direction of travel of a large scale legal investigation. This was not just one detective on a vendetta. Lots of people were involved, with supervision from Justice department and the whole thing was politically sensitive.

So in the same way I don't buy the GA conspiracy, I also don't buy this was a PJ conspiracy

If it was - why would they have had RM as their prime suspect and spent the first months of the search working on pedos and abduction?

I don't get GA either, why does he continue to get involved, he isn't the first and won't be the last detective to be taken off a case, so why didn't he just move on with his life after being taken off the case, he still had his job, it makes no sense, unless, this is a wild one,,, maybe he knows, and has all along who did it, so stays involved so it does come back to bite him in the bum, so to speak, and why is he so so protective of CB? Why is he so insistent its not him?

Prosecutor '100% convinced' suspect abducted and murdered Madeleine McCann

Some interesting comments from HCW, but also some ambiguous reporting going on. I wish they'd just stick to what was said rather than adding their own commentary of interpretations.

Breaking it down:

Investigators are “100% sure” sex offender Christian Brueckner murdered Madeleine McCann

Ok, so the quoted part "100% sure" seems to confirm what "most" of us already thought. BKA are convinced they have the right man. This is then reaffirmed in the next quote.

We’re confident we have the man who took and killed her.”

“It is now possible that we could charge. We have that evidence now.

“But it’s not just about charging him – we want to charge him with the best body of evidence possible.

“When we still have questions, it would be nonsense to charge rather than wait for the answers that could strengthen our position."

“That’s why we said we’ll investigate as long as there are leads or information for us to pursue. I’m not saying that what we have is insufficient now. But he’s in prison, so we don’t have this pressure on us. We have time on our hands.”

Interesting to hear HCW state that the evidence file is now sufficient to raise an arrest warrant. To be honest, I've wondered if this was the case from the start though. It would explain why they have been heppy to go all out in accusing CB publicly. And that everything that has gone on since is just an effort to strengthen the case. It makes sense when CB is going nowhere anytime soon.

However, the prosecutors now admit they have no proof Madeleine is dead – despite authorities in Braunschweig telling the McCanns last year that they had “evidence” she is no longer alive

Mr Wolters said they have no idea how she died and no DNA or photo evidence linking the German sex offender to the alleged murder

This commentary bugs me. If HCW actually said those things, why not just quote him? What is this interpretation actually based on? "No proof Madeleine is dead" and "no idea how she died" are bold statements considering and they deserve a direct quote. It doesn't really make sense considering the other quotes HCW makes in the article. Until there's clarification from HCW, I'm presuming for now it is just the Mirror dressing up the fact HCW says they have no forensic evidence or a "video of the act". We'll see though.

"We are confident we have the man who took and killed your daughter.”

“All I can do is ask for your patience. I personally think a conclusion will be reached next year. We have no body and no DNA but we have other evidence. Based on the evidence we have, it leads to no other conclusion.

“I can’t tell you on which basis we assume she is dead. But for us, there’s no other possibility. There is no hope she is alive.”

That seems to contradict the Mirror's assertion they have "no proof Madeleine is dead". Confusing. Again, I think it's just in reference to no forensics.

“It is circumstantial evidence – we have no scientific evidence"

What does he mean by "scientific"? Does he mean "forensic"?

"If we had a video of the act or a picture of Madeleine dead with Brueckner on camera, we wouldn’t have had to make a public appeal."

Hmmm. When I first read this, I thought we were getting clarification that there was no photographic/video evidence but that's not actually what he says. He talks about 2 very specific scenarios - "video of the act" and "Madeleine dead with Brueckner on camera". Why single out those two options? Was it in response to direct questions from the reporter? It doesn't for example rule out a photo of MM dead, alone, possibly found on one of CB's devices. Why not just say there is no photographic or video evidence at all if there really is nothing along those lines? I think most people already assumed they didn't have a video of the act or Brueckner on camera with MM, if they did he would be bang to rights and no need for a public appeal. Other options of what might have been captured on camera appear to remain open, for the time being at least.

Mr Wolters dismissed as “rubbish” a recent report that the probe will end by Christmas

Again, this was the Sun using their own "commentary" to interpret what they 'thought' had been said. I wish these rags would stick to the facts of what was said and let us do the interpreting.

Asked if he was happy with the pace of the Madeleine probe, Mr Wolters said: “It could have gone better. Of course we hoped we’d get such good tip-offs that the investigation might have already ended. But the case is progressing.”

To me, it sounds like they are still missing some key things they'd hoped to have recieved by now. We'll see.

He said a “very big number” have been interviewed but the team has yet to find the person Brueckner spoke to on the phone around the time Madeleine went missing

So the news in the Sun claiming of evidence placing CB in the area would appear to be unrelated to the phone call. Assuming it was true of course.

“We’ve found no evidence to clear Mr Brueckner of suspicion. Everything we’ve found fits in the picture. We’re perhaps halfway through.”

Halfway through? I assume he means in terms of length of time before raising a charge rather than in terms of the level of evidence they need to gather? So we're perhaps looking at a charge towards the end of 2022? Who knows, bit of a confusing statement there.

Don't really know what to make of that comment. He'd said previously that it was to do with not jeopardising the investigation. Which I do still think is the main reason. This seems to just be saying that if they knew the evidence, they'd know there was no hope of finding MM alive. Again, these comments appear to be in direct response to specific questions from the reporter about the parents. I don't think this is actually the reason he is not telling the parents.

What takes one week in Germany can take six months in Portugal. I think the interest in the case in Portugal is just not that big, because no Portuguese person is involved. Also it does not shine a particularly good light on the Portuguese police, as they had totally different suspects."

"I think they would prefer to be left in peace."

“The co-operation with Britain is certainly notably better.”

Reading between the lines, I don't think BKA are getting the level of cooperation from PJ they wanted. Maybe that's why things are taking longer than they hoped. I've a feeling this has been the case from the start. No surprises there really.

All in all, not as much can be taken from that story as it would appear upon first glance. Other than the claim they do now have enough evidence to raise a charge if they wanted, not much else has been clarified from what we already knew or assumed.

TROLLED OVER: Evil social media campaign to destroy new Maddie book comes unstuck - Olive Press News Spain

THE Olive Press has won a victory against ‘evil’ online trolls who have attacked the family of missing Madeleine McCann for the last 14 years.

Their so-called ‘trolling’ aimed to influence buyers of the book by Olive Press editor Jon Clarke, by giving it dozens of one-star reviews on Amazon.

Partly spearheaded out of Spain by a retired British detective, the group have long claimed that Kate and Gerry McCann were to blame for the death of their three-year-old daughter, in Praia da Luz, in Portugal, in 2007.

In the alarming attack, the group even set up a specific Facebook page to target the author and his book My Search for Madeleine, released last month.

Describing Clarke as a ‘liar’ and ‘disgraced’, they have claimed that he has been in the payroll of the McCanns and could even have worked with MI5 and the British secret services.

It came despite celebrated investigators and crime journalists, including Sky’s Martin Brunt, ITV’s Donal MacIntyre and American author Robbyn Swan praising the book.

Yet, this didn’t stop an alarming 27% of all reviews giving it just one star, many by ‘reviewers’ who had not even purchased the book.

Each bogus review was dubbed ‘helpful’ by the legion of trolls, further aggravating the situation. But this week Amazon finally stepped in to tackle the issue.

After removing nearly 20 reviews, a spokesman told the Olive Press the company will now be considering ‘legal action’ against those that violate Amazon’s policies.

“Thanks again for getting in touch and flagging this to us,” said Dagmar Wickham. “We’ve looked into this case and removed the abusive reviews.”

She added: “We have clear policies that prohibit abuse of our community features, and we suspend, ban, and take legal action against those who violate these policies.”

Last edited:
TROLLED OVER: Evil social media campaign to destroy new Maddie book comes unstuck - Olive Press News Spain

THE Olive Press has won a victory against ‘evil’ online trolls who have attacked the family of missing Madeleine McCann for the last 14 years.

Their so-called ‘trolling’ aimed to influence buyers of the book by Olive Press editor Jon Clarke, by giving it dozens of one-star reviews on Amazon.

Partly spearheaded out of Spain by a retired British detective, the group have long claimed that Kate and Gerry McCann were to blame for the death of their three-year-old daughter, in Praia da Luz, in Portugal, in 2007.

In the alarming attack, the group even set up a specific Facebook page to target the author and his book My Search for Madeleine, released last month.

Describing Clarke as a ‘liar’ and ‘disgraced’, they have claimed that he has been in the payroll of the McCanns and could even have worked with MI5 and the British secret services.

It came despite celebrated investigators and crime journalists, including Sky’s Martin Brunt, ITV’s Donal MacIntyre and American author Robbyn Swan praising the book.

Yet, this didn’t stop an alarming 27% of all reviews giving it just one star, many by ‘reviewers’ who had not even purchased the book.

Each bogus review was dubbed ‘helpful’ by the legion of trolls, further aggravating the situation. But this week Amazon finally stepped in to tackle the issue.

After removing nearly 20 reviews, a spokesman told the Olive Press the company will now be considering ‘legal action’ against those that violate Amazon’s policies.

“Thanks again for getting in touch and flagging this to us,” said Dagmar Wickham. “We’ve looked into this case and removed the abusive reviews.”

She added: “We have clear policies that prohibit abuse of our community features, and we suspend, ban, and take legal action against those who violate these policies.”

Sorry, this is NOT TRUE.

I've been checking amazon.com (and .de and .es) since the book was published and on the .com site there was only 1 review with 1 start. On .es there was 2 negative reviews. This went down like that for weeks, Last week there was 18 reviews on JC book on amazon.com, 2 days ago they went down to 17, and the review that was removed was a 5 star one.

I don't know about "troll attacks" or stuff like that because i did indee saw some bad comments about JC on forum that support GA theory (and was stated here). But regarding the comment of Amazon removing reviews and for the book to have many 1 start reviews this is clearly BOGUS and FAKE (UNLESS JC is refering to the 2 or 3 first days that the book was at amazon and that i didn't check the reviews - but again for the reviews to be deleted recently this is not true).

And regarding CB/BKA/HCW - back to "tea leaf reading"

- I THINK - MY OPPINION ONLY that BKA will delay this as long as they can, meaning that they will keek the fame/prestige of solving the case without risking taking it NOW to court and loose it because of weekness of evidences, so i still think they will delay to charge/question CB so long as they can and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they ended up with another public request of information (despite the fact that HCW told somewhere that they were NOT planing to do so) to win more time.

Finish for now. I'm waiting for more news to comment. Hopefully when GA book is released there will be some extra information from the BKA investigation...

Might be even later next year regarding MM…the Mirror interview seems to indicate it is a couple of the other CB related cases that will be early next year.

HCW allways stated that those 3 PT cases would be charged first. I stated that on the "by Christmas" comment, because in my beleive that would still had to charge CB over the 3 PT cases so there would be no time to charge CB so "fast" (if they intended to have the 3 PT cases charged first).

Also if HCW/BKA charge CB over the 3 PT crimes and WAIT for them to be trialed in court and only then charge CB for MM case we might be looking at YEARS of long wait for the 3 PT crimes to be concluded in trial.

When I posted this :

Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #25

25/09/2011 - There was ONLY 1 bad review on amazon.com and 2 bad reviews on amazon.es. It has been like that for weeks prior my post.

Even today there is only 1 - 1 star review. Comment of 20 1-star reviews being deleted/erase is not true.

(this for me is .... very bad excuse and makes no sense).
For once, I agree with you. What they've printed doesn't make a lot sense. But it's worth noting those 3 dots in HCW's quote. It means he said something else first to do with why he hasn't told the parents which the newspaper have decided in their wisdom to cut out. If we knew what else he said, I'm sure it would give the rest of what he says a bit more context and I expect the whole thing would have made a lot more sense. But that's the tabloids for you.

What takes one week in Germany can take six months in Portugal. I think the interest in the case in Portugal is just not that big, because no Portuguese person is involved. Also it does not shine a particularly good light on the Portuguese police, as they had totally different suspects."

"I think they would prefer to be left in peace."

“The co-operation with Britain is certainly notably better.”

Reading between the lines, I don't think BKA are getting the level of cooperation from PJ they wanted. Maybe that's why things are taking longer than they hoped. I've a feeling this has been the case from the start. No surprises there really.

All in all, not as much can be taken from that story as it would appear upon first glance. Other than the claim they do now have enough evidence to raise a charge if they wanted, not much else has been clarified from what we already knew or assumed.

RSBM

This has been obvious for over a decade really.

The whole point of the archiving of the case was to close it as missing persons, with no clear evidence of which (if any) crime was committed. A bureaucratic slight of hand.We saw the same thing with the McStay case where LE managed not to properly investigate a missing family exactly because the department didn't want to catch a quadruple murder with no bodies and 2 kids. Missing persons. Problem solved.

The last thing PJ really wants to do is reopen this, unless Germany is going to let it in on the key evidence. Otherwise why do they care?

For the Met it's different. They have an open investigation which they need to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine