Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
“We don’t track residents.” — @NorthPortPolice to me 9/17, the night #BrianLaundrie was confirmed missing.

We were doing “everything within the law that we could” to monitor him — NPPD last night, 3 weeks later.

What does everyone think?

Latest: https://bit.ly/3uVtAuA #HeyJB

https://twitter.com/WFLAJB/status/1446809929545879554
I think that at that time, all the current facts were unknown. While it's easy for us to be frustrated with the NP-PD, this was far outside their normal duties, and unexpected. I'm not going to blame them, just support them in their efforts (and all the supporting LE) to bring this to a peaceful conclusion.
Speaking of which, the best thing LE can do is utilize what the law offers to further encourage cooperation and transparency from BL's parents.

Amateur opinion and speculation

A seed vault came to mind as something he may have already had on hand. If he has one, I feel it was because he had purchased it at a prior time when he was posting about sustainability and living off the land. I agree he would not have planned ahead since the murders to purchase one.

See his July 15, 2020 Post: Login • Instagram
I wonder what he gathered from that storage unit. The excuse and timing screams. My keyboard is funky..forgive my edits

That’s what I’m thinking and hoping, too. And there’s got to be some good reason that the FBI would spend the time and resources they have there. There’s just got to be…

I keep going back to the original claim that LE made that 'intelligence' led them to search the reserve. IMO they are not just relying on what the Laundries are saying or the fact that the car was there. Surely the FBI has issued subpoenas for electronic data and so forth, and surely they have received tips and statements that have not been revealed publicly. JMO

I think, and this is just my opinion, that the NPPD basically took the parents at their word about BL’s location and got burned. My gut tells me that there is a reason LE tends to trust the Laundries, perhaps they are known to be an LE family..? In any case, I do not think they ever sat and kept eyes on the house, they may have monitored the cars that were parked in driveway at times, and just took the parents words that he was in that house until they told LE otherwise.
I think it's a mistake to ever believe that any suspect is just going to sit tight, waiting for LE to come for them with more evidence. All suspects should be considered a flight risk. I feel like LE didn't see it that way. And man, did they ever get burned.

Let’s make it a trio shall we? I agree with you both. It’s been my theory all along and I’ve tried to put up some supporting links when I post. Unfortunately, I didn’t keep notes and now my results appear no longer. I can’t imagine why the reserve search is still occurring unless they are looking for a firearm, knife or cell phone. What else could they be searching for? It would have to be something non-biodegradable right? Something metal? My vote is gun…
Yes, I vote on gun. After seeing the orange spray paint on the trees with what look like bullet holes at the WY campsite, and the Youtube video of the parked van ( the item sitting on the book outside van looks like the top part of a firearm JMO), it leads me to wonder and think GP was shot while near the fire pit. Of course, I am only speculating with what I've seen in pictures. It baffles me why BL would do such a thing because it appears GP was central in his life. Perhaps, he was having a psychotic break or episode. He feared she would leave him, and she would find another to travel with. We might never know.

Yes - we are creatures of habit and comfort. When we hit our bottom is when we seek comfort most.

I believe comfort to him will be somewhere he has visited along his travels in life, but not travels with Gabby. Somewhere off the beaten path, abandoned structures of some sort. He comes across very in tune to what it takes to make it, at least for a small amount of time off the land. I suspect he would seek a place such as referenced above near a fresh water source. However, I would first eliminate places traveled with Gabby. His running nature and leaving her as he did leads me to believe it will not be a place where he sees her smile haunting him day to day from a prior visit. It would diminish his mental capacity while trying to sustain himself, and is the opposite of comfort.

He could have a seed vault in his back pack. They became very popular a few years ago and do not take up much space. His challenge will be getting through winter because now is not the time to begin a garden. He must get through winter first.

IMO: He will not be anywhere associated with any assets owned by his family. That is too easy for LE to find and figure out.

I also don’t believe his immediate family would be sending him money in any capacity. Again, too easy for FBI to monitor and track.

I don’t feel he would join a homeless community. I don’t feel he would find comfort in being surrounded by others. I sense comfort to him as being alone. However, I could see one off hitchhiking occurring as it is a minimal task to meet a need and beyond the ride there is no companionship or emotional reliance on the individual giving him a ride. It is a one and done. Very different from a community environment.

His comfort appears to be in warmer climates, unless I missed it I didn’t see any photos of outdoor adventures skiing or snowboarding and again, winter is coming.

Did he have a Google account? That could provide historical travel history not on his Instagram.
Did they find current/old laptops or phones he may have used? His search history could point to places LE would check out.
Where did the family vacation or camp when he was a child?
Where would be a place that holds positive memories to bring him comfort as he tries to survive? I think the emotional comfort will come from a place connected to his childhood. Maybe it was someplace he only went one time, but it holds positive memories for him to attempt to wrap himself in comfort.

All JMO and rambling thoughts this morning assuming he is alive. I do believe him to be.
His passion is creating art. As a creative myself, it's hard to imagine not being able to do it for an extended length of time. I'd think at some point, if not already, he would be holing up somewhere where he could be lost in his art.

He may have been on the move for a short time but I believe it was simply moving to a designated place.

I never believed he was in the reserve. I believe he is sheltering someplace where he can immerse himself in his art. And I doubt he ever leaves the place he is hiding.

I keep going back to the original claim that LE made that 'intelligence' led them to search the reserve. IMO they are not just relying on what the Laundries are saying or the fact that the car was there. Surely the FBI has issued subpoenas for electronic data and so forth, and surely they have received tips and statements that have not been revealed publicly. JMO
Yes, one would certainly hope that this is the foundation for all of the extensive searches.

I think they're full of it.

Me too! It is called surveillance. It has been done by LE for years....without warrants...

If the LE can stalk and wait for you to speed by...they can stalk and wait for someone to run away.

This is sad, but an epic failure that will cost NPPD, as well as a failure for Justice for Gabby

His passion is creating art. As a creative myself, it's hard to imagine not being able to do it for an extended length of time. I'd think at some point, if not already, he would be holing up somewhere where he could be lost in his art.

He may have been on the move for a short time but I believe it was simply moving to a designated place.

I never believed he was in the reserve. I believe he is sheltering someplace where he can immerse himself in his art. And I doubt he ever leaves the place he is hiding.
Do you think the parents were part of finding this shelter, and if so, that there’s evidence of that which the FBI might find?

Agreed. I think we have enough issues with SB blowing smoke and changing facts. Why not just state things as they are? I don’t see why NPPD can’t simply say that they believed at the time that they were doing their due diligence with monitoring BL through SB considering his status atm. It seems irresponsible to me for LE of any level to first say you know where someone is, then say you’ve never seen them to begin with only to change that statement to say you were keeping eyes on that same person. How does this help anyone or ensure trust of any sort?
With all of that-I do wonder, could LE not insist to speak to BL when the parents presented SBs info, to have had BL refer to SB himself? He’s not a minor, so being of adult age, why not I didn’t that they hear it from him personally. Are they not able to insist on this?
MOO.

Me too! It is called surveillance. It has been done by LE for years....without warrants...

If the LE can stalk and wait for you to speed by...they can stalk and wait for someone to run away.

This is sad, but an epic failure that will cost NPPD, as well as a failure for Justice for Gabby
YES! They literally stalked my old boss on his street, waiting for him to leave for work and speed because neighbors had complained. (He deserved it, BTW.)

Do you think the parents were part of finding this shelter, and if so, that there’s evidence of that which the FBI might find?
Yes, at least in theory. In other words, gave him the cash he would need to get somewhere. But I'm not ruling out the idea that they helped him and know where he is.

I do too!

BL left on the 13th. Was the FBI even involved then?

Here's a quote from the article in the above link.

“NPPD, Suffolk County and the FBI were doing everything we could to keep an eye on Brian, within the law, based on the facts and evidence we had at the time,” Public Information Officer Josh Taylor said. “I cannot speak to specifics and a timeline or what exactly was taking place.”

Agree with this post.

He raced to his parents home for a reason. He found comfort there being close to them, and in his familiar surroundings. I believe he knew he couldn't stay in the home because LE was coming for him, especially since GP's parents were questioning her whereabouts. He ran, but not far. With that, I do believe he's much closer than we think. I do feel it's only a matter of time. For him to leave the state or even the country, he would need a strong financial support. I don't believe he has that with the FBI watching. JMO

Agree, if he is alive, being on the lam would and will be difficult to adapt for it is the antithesis of what he understands and how he has lived his whole life. “ I assume” moo-
This is not a movie and he’s no Jason Bourne. He would likely have to find a host to rebuild , since he has never lived on his own, and to have a “ place”to be.
For 6 years he was with someone and always living with his parents, aloneness is a lifestyle not suited for most social creatures , the mental adaption to singularity and living outside society and running from the FBI - is massive.
The novelty will wear off unless he is truly able to rebuild a life unattached- and he is not Whitey Bulger who HAD a partner hiding with him in plain sight and access to 50 years of crime cash hidden behind his apartment wall.

Last edited:
I think there is plenty of evidence now of BL being alive and living with sufficient comforts. One thing I’ve learned is that evidence should go directly to LE and bypass re-posting on social media until they’ve had a chance to investigate. Not everything goes viral. Sometimes going viral is helpful. Sometimes it’s definitely not. If you can sleuth it, BL has the means to, too. He probably mostly accesses it overnight. I believe he’ll be discovered soon. I’m starting to get the feeling he’s tired of hiding. Despite anything else he may have done, turning himself in would be an act of great courage. You can do it, Brian! MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288